Discovery Gaming Community
salvage frigate - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: salvage frigate (/showthread.php?tid=9116)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

salvage frigate - Jinx - 06-05-2008

i wasn t happy with the junkers salvage frigate / repair ship design at all anymore. it was simply "old". - i made this one - loosely based on the outcast destroyer, which fits the needs of a ship of that size that is able to slip through asteroids and debris fields. ( the old bulky model would have never been able to fly through debris or asteroids - or ... about as good as a mining ship only ... )

[Image: allviews.jpg]

thats how far i got for now. - gotto work on adjusting freelancer textures to give it an older look. - so it ll take some time till its really finished. - untill then, i m as allways open for feedback.

a little explanation. - this ship has a huge cargobay on the bottom of the ship; just at the big claw to salvage bigger parts. - the "nose" of the ship is meant to be able to force docking with drifting wrecks - sort of a salvage tug.
there is a rotated crane on "top" of the ship right at the fuel and cargo area. the cargo containers are stylized and are situated rather unprotected in the open ( a bit like the containers on the whale )

the ship has a big main thruster aswell as "supposedly" full rotatable side thrusters that give it a great strafing ability in debris fields. ( no, i cannot add real animated pieces )

not much more to say about it. - its flat, its supposed to be the size of an outcast destroyer ( not THAT flat, but close to it ) - its not too greatly armoured from the looks of it ( so not like a real military ship ) - but it should be easily able to beat the current repair ship ( like that s hard anyway ). all in all, it is supposed to be an "easy to fly" junkers only warship / repair ship. - since junkers are no warfaring faction, i don t think we need to worry to find it spammed all over the place.. and it would be nice if something like the blooddragon was included in the ID - IF it was considered to be put into the mod. - that means... its junkers only, not even sold to allies, cause i am unclear how much a destroyer sized and classified vessel with thousands of bats/bots can unbalance battles if used by warfaring factions.

salvage frigate - El Nino - 06-05-2008

Byutiful! The back end is a bit odd though, those two booms at each side of the main engine...(actually i'm only thinking about the hit box, the design is splendid) Strap on some textures and it's ready to go...

salvage frigate - Jinx - 06-05-2008

"Strap on some textures and it's ready to go... "

haha, thats the harder part - modelling is the fun part:)

salvage frigate - Dusty Lens - 06-05-2008

Wow. You've outdone yourself again.

This lovely lady beats the octopus into a bloody pulp.

salvage frigate - Culebra - 06-05-2008

Rip Octoship :(

Long live the Junker Destroyer! :P

Jinx you are welcome in Puerto Rico anytime. Drinks on me :)

This is exactly what I was looking for woot! :yahoo:

Yeah lots of smilies but this ship is awesome.

salvage frigate - Tenacity - 06-05-2008

I love it jinx... it's too bad the 'octopus' ship couldnt make it in, but It did have a few too many arms...

This thing looks great, and seems a lot bigger.

My suggestions for stats:

-Level 7 shield (Transport level, max usable is the adv grav shield which goes to 100,000 capacity)
-Somewhere around 12+ turrets, but make them level 7 turrets so gunboat/capship weapons cant be used - only transport turrets. With that many this thing would still be formidable in combat, similar to the container transport.
-Between 125,000 and 150,000 hull (container transport is 125, heavy tanker is 150)
-Probably the same manuverability as the outcast destroyer, as that's what you compared it's size to
-CM/CD, maybe mines, i dont think they'd work so well on a large ship though
-4000-4500 cargo space, it shouldnt go any higher IMO.

Hell, if this thing makes it into the mod I MIGHT just give up my firefly for it =P Or at least fund another character to get one.

Oh, I'd also suggest around 60-75 million buying price (between the container transport and heavy tanker) and make it only for sale in puerto rico, the junker guard system, to restrict access a little bit. It's a shame junker's congress fell apart, or they could regulate it's use.

salvage frigate - me_b_kevin - 06-05-2008

dang you JINX!!!

you always post these ship pics when i'm at work and unable to view them.......

prepare yourself!!!

<launches long range slap missile>

salvage frigate - Qunitinius~Verginix - 06-05-2008

This looks very good, and fits the Junker style quite well. I Would most certainly look into getting one should it be released.

Good work!

Verg

salvage frigate - Tenacity - 06-05-2008

Oh, one other thing... give it rusty textures!

Make it look junky and a bit scary =)

salvage frigate - Othman - 06-05-2008

Looks promising.