Discovery Gaming Community
Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? (/showthread.php?tid=91244)

Pages: 1 2 3

Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Zen_Mechanics - 12-17-2012

Well, the title says it all.
As most lawfuls also tend to pirate with other chars for profit ( yes maybe just for fun)
Why don't we encourage them to stick to their lawful character and have a salary every day/week/month.

100k every day? ( lowset mission gets you much more than that ) but why not?
I would be the first one to sign in, even though I do ten times more than that in one mission, I still think it would be satisfing to know that I get paid for risking my life. ( ya know.. )

And this goes for Lawful chars only, for an example ;

Fighter/Heavy F = 50k per day
Cruiser class = 100k
BS and up = 150k

What do you think?

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Hannibal - 12-17-2012

i think it's a good idea,however the salary you have mentioned ain't worth adding them,because a battleship almost use 1 mil to get nano after 1 single death[let's face it navy only use cap in pvps],not to mention that you get at least 50 mil per hour if you play other characters
i suggest rebalance the so called salary to at least include the repairs plus some extra to call it "profit" Tongue[every hour of course]
But..the police should only get a salary if it hasn't gone to conn in that hour and if they made an arrest so it wont be abused[maybe some simple script with yes/no answer from the pirate/lawbreaker ]

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Hone - 12-17-2012

I agree, thats why I Joined the BPA in the first place, cos they pay you.

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - AeternusDoleo - 12-18-2012

Money for having a char in your account somewhere, or idling in space while having the game minimised? Hmmno. If you can make some kind of case for determining wether or not there's actually a human in front of the keyboard rather then a ship being set to circle endlessly or fly off into nothingness at 5 m/s, then this idea would be viable. But I can't think of any ways to make this exploit-proof.

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - pitockm - 12-18-2012

well....i guess atleast it will be able to put it the on Trade lanes? and just Police ones.

also....if someone wants to join in...IT MUST be a OFFICIAL Faction member...that way it may be Avoided.

and cops must work aye?

navy can assist , but cannot get involved in some cargo smuggling imo.

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Felix_Wannamaker_III - 12-18-2012

Have internal bounty-like boards that pay police by the arrest. Stop a smuggler? Get the value of the destroyed cargo. Zap a pirate? get 1 million. Things police fatcions should be doing. Also, have a thread where traders can inRP kudos helpful policemen and the cop gets a bonus. Police factions would get a nice boost from that.

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Govedo13 - 12-18-2012

(12-18-2012, 05:53 PM)Felix_Wannamaker_III Wrote: Have internal bounty-like boards that pay police by the arrest. Stop a smuggler? Get the value of the destroyed cargo. Zap a pirate? get 1 million. Things police fatcions should be doing. Also, have a thread where traders can inRP kudos helpful policemen and the cop gets a bonus. Police factions would get a nice boost from that.

This, plus make the house official trading factions to pay for it.

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Madvillain - 12-18-2012

easy , talk to your local police faction leader, and ask for a wage.

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Hannibal - 12-18-2012

(12-18-2012, 11:06 PM)Govedo13 Wrote:
(12-18-2012, 05:53 PM)Felix_Wannamaker_III Wrote: Have internal bounty-like boards that pay police by the arrest. Stop a smuggler? Get the value of the destroyed cargo. Zap a pirate? get 1 million. Things police fatcions should be doing. Also, have a thread where traders can inRP kudos helpful policemen and the cop gets a bonus. Police factions would get a nice boost from that.

This, plus make the house official trading factions to pay for it.

or better:tax the pilot who breaks the rules,that will also push for more rp rather then 1 line kill [Image: 105.gif]->would like to see that back [Image: pirate_2.gif]

RE: Salary for Lawfuls - Possible? - Hone - 12-18-2012

Join the BPA, we pay.