Discovery Gaming Community
A new player-owned base? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: A new player-owned base? (/showthread.php?tid=91310)

A new player-owned base? - vincent camwell - 12-18-2012

I am planning to build a base somewhere in the Manchester system which would be a trade base so all players would be given docking permission (unless hostile). I just have a few questions:
a) I was planning to build it within the BPA-Newgate prison minefield - would this be ok? (if not, where would you recommend to place my base?)
b) What commodities can i sell which traders would be willing to get from my base (preferably commodities from systems in an nearbye Bretonia)
c) Would anyone be willing to trade with and supply my base? (otherwise it will be a bit useless(and a bit blown to pieces by not having things!)

RE: A new player-owned base? - trekky - 12-18-2012

you would have to pay some1 to supply your base or do it with friends
you could do a RPing contract with a Bet company

RE: A new player-owned base? - Talesin - 12-18-2012

Greetings.

First off - building a base alone is possible, yet hard, especially the first day when the base is still unshielded, and as long it still is core 1.
Mind that every fighter could counter the repairrate of a lvl 1 base without shield.

Renting services from barge-owning factions and stocking the needed mats before construction the base would be a way to set up the shield rapidly.
I heard the congress does things like this, but i might be misinformed.

Next - you can't set different buying and selling prices, so in order to buy one product and to sell it for more profit, you would need to change the prices and buying/selling order periodically.

Additionally to that i guess that setting up a trading post within a mining field, next to a high-security prison doesn't quite fit.

So - trading commodities. Probably the only goods that you might actually be able to sell are those that aren't sold or bought near to your base, since then traders tend to prefer npc stations next to the lanes over desolate based in mid-nowhere.

As such i think the best commodity to sell would be mining goods, since they can't be bought that easily.

Overall i'd not recommend you to set up a base, if you aren't dedicated to it.

Regards,
Talesin

RE: A new player-owned base? - Daron - 12-18-2012

First you need to get permission by BPA - or your base would be illegal by roleplay terms.

And then we got this great tutorial:
http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=80349
Smile

RE: A new player-owned base? - SummerMcLovin - 12-18-2012

If you want to build a base in Bretonia and keep it lawful, you will have to obey the Bretonian laws, particularly Section 5 of the Charter.

I'd recommend you place it somewhere south of the lane from Birmingham to the New London gate (not too close to the lane) since there is a lot of space there. Generally, trading outposts only make money (although the actual base may still make it a loss) when it is ore or player-produced items like cloaks, jumpdrives and docking modules.

If you do want to build there, you could hire Gateway or Bowex to supply it. For the construction permission itself, post here with a good amount of detail on your plans.

RE: A new player-owned base? - Ruken - 01-06-2013

Can someone help me with the locations of player owned bases in Bretonia, for trading.

Thank you and good night

RE: A new player-owned base? - SummerMcLovin - 01-06-2013

You can take a look for relevant threads in here, and there's a (sort of) relevant list here. You can send a specific message to those who run the bases asking for trading opportunities.

RE: A new player-owned base? - Ruken - 01-06-2013

Thank you very much

RE: A new player-owned base? - ryoken - 01-06-2013

1 thing to add. If you put it in that minefield, which is very tight to begin with. It is very posible that those leaving your base may end up in the mines. Or ships undocking from Newgate may get stuck between your base and Newgate.