Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-22-2006

Next version will be a bug correcting version.
Most likely 1.0 Final. Hence the program will no longer be a beta and it will be released through the lancer's reactor.

I think I'm going to add a search function to search a string inside the database and show the account it belongs to, and the search text selected if it is in the commentary textbox.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 11-29-2006

Korrd,

I have some questions...

I am wanting to get into the coding and whatnot of utilities like this. (I have a concept for a FL Directory/Settings utility) and already have it in a working batch.. however I want to make an executable and add some features I can't do with batchf iles.

So my question is, what tools did you get and where can I get them?

Thanks.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 12-01-2006

I use Visual Basic 6 to make the program, and the installer is made with NSIS.

Next version of the FAM, beta 3, is about to be released.
I fixed some bugs and changed the way the names are saved. No more "save changes" button, its no longer needed.

I will release it as soon as i finish polishing some details.

A warning: With beta 2, don't export a single account using ADF format. It will fail to write the DB format string on the saved file and, when that file is imported to another FAM, it will import some rubbish to the database.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 12-01-2006

Coo cool..

If your cool with it do you think you can get rid of the dialogue box at the startup of the program? It's alitle annoying hehe.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 12-01-2006

The dialog will remain there until the beta stage is complete. It's a warning.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 12-10-2006

Ok, the beta 3 version of the FAM has been released. If no bugs are reported, the next version will be the 1.0 final, and there will be no more beta stages until the next version (1.5 or 2.0).

--The bugs found in the beta 2 have been corrected.
--Save changes button no longer required.
--Performance improved. Code clean up performed.

The installer is still pretty basic. It will be much better for final version.

Download linky: FAM Site

The Freelancer Account Manager - romer - 12-11-2006

That cleared up the little problem ( :$ ) I was having.

Thank you.

The Freelancer Account Manager - The_Dealer - 12-22-2006

um Korrd....I got a little problem with FAM.....

It starts downloading fine....then just stops midway

I go look in the folder I saved it to and the icon is there, but when I try to open it, it says somethin about unknown publisher or some crap like that and will not open

I also tried running the file from the site or whatever (not saving it to my computer) and I get the same thing.

Plz help

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 12-22-2006

Use Firefox instead Internet Explorer 7.
It's something related to the IE7 "security". It won't let you download .exe from unknown/unthrusted sites.

The Freelancer Account Manager - The_Dealer - 12-23-2006

NOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Firefox didn't work either........
I get the same message.......

Help