Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Stormsurfer - 01-09-2007

I'd just opened FAM for the first time, it said that it didnt recognise the account I was using and do i want to add it. I clicked yes, it added the acount and instantly after it had finished adding, the error came up.

It came up again when i clicked anywhere in the account list table.

Since I added another account however, it hasn't come up with any other errors.

Hope that helps :wacko:

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 01-09-2007

It does helps...
Might be a bug with an array index out of bounds that happens when the DB is empty... I'll give it a check.

First release will be out soon.
A new option has been added. Commands.

Basically, you add a command to the program link that tells the program to activate an account and launch FL. The program will do that silently.
When using that link, you will only see the game being launched, and the account on the command will be the active one.

That was a suggestion dboy did. And it's a good idea.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DBoy1612 - 01-10-2007

' Wrote:Basically, you add a command to the program link that tells the program to activate an account and launch FL. The program will do that silently.
When using that link, you will only see the game being launched, and the account on the command will be the active one.

That was a suggestion dboy did. And it's a good idea.

Brilliant, this will come in handy. Thanks:D

The Freelancer Account Manager - Fellow Hoodlum - 01-10-2007

Same here Korrd ... On someones elses comp, D/Led FLAM for one account here and to be able to import my
others later. Loathe to do anything that will put existing ones in jeapardy ... And I'd like to export this one to
home later. Any problems, or shall I wait for the final release ?

Hoodlum

Edit ... I tried the one last time theory, only works now doesn't it . Not sure what changed.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 01-10-2007

?
I couldn't understand what you said... Could you rephrase that?

(I guess I'm too sleepy to read English)

Hey Korrd, question for ya.

How does FAM know where FL is installed. Do you have it built in with the default directory? File? Registry Key?

It checks the registry key that is created when the game is installed.

' Wrote:It checks the registry key that is created when the game is installed.

Ah, thought so. Thanks.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Dab - 01-10-2007

' Wrote:?
I couldn't understand what you said... Could you rephrase that?

(I guess I'm too sleepy to read English)

He said he was on anothers person's computer at the time, so he had only one of his accounts on the new FAM at the time, planning on exporting it back to his computer. I can understand too, I had a bit of trouble understanding his posts. Maybe the Mal Condition is becoming passive instead of active for Hood now.

"Warning; extended use of the Malism dialect will result in massive brain and grammatical trauma. Use sparringly." :haha:

BTW, Hood. Make saved files of your accounts, then save them in another folder somewhere, then update FAM. Upload the accounts. If anything does go wrong, you have backups you can upload when you reinstall the older FAM.

Correct.
I have no plans on changing the format of the database so, unless noted, the new version will be fully compatible.