Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - uspatriotsf - 08-21-2007

There was a problem in the windows registry for FL. Somehow when FL was installed on the XP computer on this instance it did not correctly update the registry with MP Account Info. The account code and signature were there so I was able to get online with the account, but the MP Account portion was blank. Very wierd, basically I had to uninstall FL completely and then go into the Windows Registry and completely clean out all registry items related to FL. I then reinstalled FL and the Account Manager worked fine. Never figured out how that happened, but got it working.

On a side note, when I export an account on my Vista computer and move it over to my XP computer Account Manager will not import it. Cant really understand why this is as yes the OS's are different but the format in which the .fam files are saved in are the same.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 08-21-2007

Yes. A text file is a text file, at least in windows.
Unless vista uses a non-DOS text format, or Unicode, it should work.

BTW, did those accounts were complete? I mean, with signature and all.
Using only the account name and not the signature will cause freelancer to create a new account. That's why I made the Signature mandatory for this version.

The Freelancer Account Manager - uspatriotsf - 08-21-2007

So what it was exactly was that, in windows registry, the MPAccountName and MPAccountNameSig were there and apparently correct, but the installkey was not there correctly. I can only assume this is what caused it. I tried reinstalling FL several times and it did nothing, but when I finally cleaned all of this out of the registry, and then reinstalled FL everything worked like a charm.

I dont think that the AM uses that install key though, so I dont know. Doesnt account manager just pull out the account name and signature, and then edit those as you change accounts? Maybe there was some bug in the entire FL registry. Kind of weird though that I could get onto the server with the account but am couldnt import it.

The Freelancer Account Manager - uspatriotsf - 09-02-2007

<strike>So did Microsoft shut down the global server?

Anyway onto my main question, when doing the comman lines, in this comman line:
"C:\program files\Microsoft games\freelancer\EXE\freelancer.exe" /a=qwperpoe-rectwert54-r234578c9 /s=82.113.48.5:2302 /y /w

What exactly goes into the account arguement? Is that just the accound code or do you need to put the signature as well? Or am I getting it wrong all together and some other value needs to go there?

EDIT: Also am I doing this on a FL shortcut or a FAM shortcut?</strike>

EDIT: Nevermind I got it figured out.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 09-02-2007

The FAM will only work with the MPAccountName and MPAccountNameSig values. The install key won't be touched.
As FL is closed source, I don't fully know how the game manages the three registry key. They are related somehow. I know that the sig is some kind of hash of the account name, and both must coincide. But how the installkey is related, i dont know.

Only the account code. The program will take the argument, look for it on the database, and take the sig from there. Don't forget that in order for it to work, the account must exist on the database first.

Windows Vista seems to handle the registry in a different way. Also, the installer must be modified to work with Vista. Once I "get" a copy of vista, I will test the program there, and fix the Vista issues.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 09-21-2007

The latest RC1 version is not working on my machine. Is there any scripts or windows addons I need to make it run?

EDIT:

The error I am receiving when I launch the program is:
"Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 09-21-2007

are you running vista?

No sir, windows XP... I run vista at work - no way in hell I'd use it for gaming. lol

EDIT: Would it be possible to get an older version of the program from you termporarily?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 09-21-2007

Hmm.

Try the following:

1. Reboot the computer.

If it does not works:

2. Download and install the last version of the Microsoft Windows Common controls from the Microsoft site. That should fix it.

The CC's should update with the FAM installation (if the ones on your computer are older). I am not sure why it doesn't, as the installer script is ok, and works on most computers. There has to be something that stops them from installing in certain environments..

*Goes back to read a cool book of the String Theory* <-- Its like a drug...

I installed it as you advised (Verify I installed the right thing with following link) and it still gives me the same error. I am using the version that is currently downloadable on your website.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

EDIT:

I would still like a copy of an older version to use as right now I have no access to any of my FL accounts (Fresh install of windows with a complete HD wipe)