Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - The Pirate - 04-26-2006

do i have too reinstall Fl too make a new account if not then how do i make a new one?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-26-2006

In very easy terms cos thats all I understand....
Open control panel .. User accounts .. Create new account .. Open new account ..
Freelancer will already be on the desktop. Open Freelancer to create your new game
account .. Voila, 5 more characters. Then download the account manager to both XP
accounts and it will pick them both up. So you can then swap between them without
logging in and out of either XP account.. Damn I've confused myself.
Someone else do the techy version please....

Hoodlum :$

The Freelancer Account Manager - Nightfall - 04-26-2006

Fellow Hoodlum,Apr 26 2006, 07:04 PM Wrote:In very easy terms cos thats all I understand....
Open control panel .. User accounts .. Create new account .. Open new account ..
Freelancer will already be on the desktop. Open Freelancer to create your new game
account .. Voila, 5 more characters.

Hoodlum :$
[snapback]18670[/snapback]
The first past is good!

quote Monty Python = "And now for something completely different!"

Now, for the second part:
- Start FL, go to multiplayer and let it generate the new Account ID. (now you really have the 5 new chars)
- Start FL Account manager, it will ask to add the new account to database. Let id do so (click YES).Then it will ask you to give a name for it. Give it a name.
- Just to be safe, export the database (not to My Documents, I won't explain this further, no need) to (ex.) C:\ (or wherever you want, just make sure you know where it is, since you'll be needing these if you reformat/reinstall or rewhatever)
- Job done, Play FL

- when you want to switch the account you're playing on,
- go to FL main menu (or to select server menu)
- Alt+Tab to desktop
- Start FL Account Manager
- double-click the desired account
- go back to FL
- you know how to play multiplayer!

-- If it annoys you, you can delete the newly created WINDOWS USER ACCOUNT as you don't actualy need it anymore

The techie way doesn't need explaining (I think), the simple way is a problem to be made simple enough :smile2:

The Freelancer Account Manager - Fellow Hoodlum - 04-26-2006

See.. Now that makes complete sense. My way works too though.

Hoodlum :unsure:

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 04-26-2006

Nightfall,Apr 26 2006, 02:26 PM Wrote:The first past is good!

quote Monty Python = "And now for something completely different!"

Now, for the second part:
- Start FL, go to multiplayer and let it generate the new Account ID. (now you really have the 5 new chars)
- Start FL Account manager, it will ask to add the new account to database. Let id do so (click YES).Then it will ask you to give a name for it. Give it a name.
- Just to be safe, export the database (not to My Documents, I won't explain this further, no need) to (ex.) C:\ (or wherever you want, just make sure you know where it is, since you'll be needing these if you reformat/reinstall or rewhatever)
- Job done, Play FL

- when you want to switch the account you're playing on,
  - go to FL main menu (or to select server menu)
  - Alt+Tab to desktop
  - Start FL Account Manager
  - double-click the desired account
  - go back to FL
  - you know how to play multiplayer!

-- If it annoys you, you can delete the newly created WINDOWS USER ACCOUNT as you don't actualy need it anymore

The techie way doesn't need explaining (I think), the simple way is a problem to be made simple enough  :smile2:
[snapback]18674[/snapback]
hmm. Good explanation. I may use it for the help file if you dont mind...

The Freelancer Account Manager - Nightfall - 04-26-2006

I don't, just throw away the parts where I try to be funny like "rewhatever" :)

The Freelancer Account Manager - marauder - 05-13-2006

Ok, quiz time!

Does FL make a new account ID everytime you install it?

If it does, would it remove the ID(s) stored in the account manager program?

Reason: my PC is being annoying about making new fL directories, so I was thinking of deleting it, installing it again and getting a second account ID and 5 more characters.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Fellow Hoodlum - 05-13-2006

I have had to re-install my game twice and never lost my ID. Though I would
recommend you print off the IDs before you do it, just in case.

Hoodlum :)

The Freelancer Account Manager - marauder - 05-13-2006

You don't lose the ID if you re-install I meant un-install FL then load it again.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Nightfall - 05-13-2006

Whatever of those two you do, you won't loose it, just if you uninstall/reinstall (this is the same thing actually) windows, then you'll loose it, but Hood's right, back it up somewhere :)