Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Magoo! - 09-23-2007

-Edit-Edit- Sorry... Okay. I've got it 100% now. Thanks, Korrd! Great... Umm... Mod? Addition? Not sure... But its awesome!

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 09-23-2007

Feature added.

[Image: fam100.JPG]

The Freelancer Account Manager - Drake - 10-09-2007

Just a quick question, is it possible to set up multiple accounts with FAM without switching to a different user account on Windows? I only have it set up with the Admin account and didn't want to set up others just for Freelancer...

The Freelancer Account Manager - alance - 10-09-2007

I don't think you can do it without another user. It's not that rough though, just make a windows user, do the FLAM thing, delete the windows user.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Dopamino - 10-09-2007

It only took me 5 minutes. If you have the administrator account, then it should be no problem.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Horon - 10-10-2007

Ive downloaded RC1 and for some reason every time i try to install it cant install the fam.exe file. No idea why.

EDIT: Nevermind. The program was in the running processes for some reason...

The Freelancer Account Manager - Xoria - 11-10-2007

Ok, I admit it, I am a computer idiot.
I can find the account ID to use for manually entering an account into the account manager.
But I can't figure out what the "signature" even is, much less how to find it to input it.
Help? Please respond in simple english that even a computer dolt like me can understand.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DBoy1612 - 11-10-2007

When you run the account manager it should pick up your code and signature automatically. But if you need to access both, they're stored here in the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\1.0

Under MPAccountName and MPAccountNameSig

The Freelancer Account Manager - Xoria - 11-10-2007

Thanks Dboy, I've made it a bit further along now, but not far enough. I'll explain more thoroughly what I am trying to do and what I am seeing.

I have my own multiple accounts on my computer up and running fine with no problem switching between them.
My roommate has a laptop that we set up an account on and we want to give my computer access to the account on his laptop. Specifically, one ship on his account.
So we found the ID and Signature as Dboy showed above.
I manually entered the ID and signature from my roommate's account into my FAM, but when I activate it and try to log onto the server, Freelancer behaves like I have never been on multiplayer before and brings up the create new account ID number screen again with an entirely new account number that does not match any that I already have. I can switch back to my personal accounts and log onto the server just fine.
I am thinking that perhaps I need to enter the account ID from my roommate's computer into the new account ID screen after I select multiplayer in the game. I don't want to do that though until someone tells me that is the right thing to do.
Call me paranoid, but I don't want to somehow screw up my accounts because I don't know what I'm doing.
It looks like I am missing a step somewhere to get my computer to access the account that we set up on my roommate's laptop.
So basically, what do I need to do from here to get an account "shared" between 2 different players on 2 different computers?

The Freelancer Account Manager - DBoy1612 - 11-11-2007

Right, make sure you have both your account ID and your Friends one backed up. Then, when the new account ID box comes up, just click ok. Then you can log out and run FLAM. It will pick up the new ID, and you can save it if you like. And then switch to the ID you want to use.:)