Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Xoria - 11-11-2007

I finally got the shared account to work and I'll just post what I had to do in case anyone else has the problem I did.
First, taking the account ID and signature manually from my roommate's computer and manually entering it into my FAM did not work.
Downloading FAM onto my roommate's computer, and then exporting the account information into a usb flash drive and transferring it to my computer for importing through FAM did work.
Strangely, the manual capture of my roommate's account ID was not similar at all to the FAM capture of his account ID. I have no idea what that was about.
So bottom line: use the import and export feature on FAM to create shared accounts.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Eppy - 11-20-2007

Quote:There was a problem in the windows registry for FL. Somehow when FL was installed on the XP computer on this instance it did not correctly update the registry with MP Account Info. The account code and signature were there so I was able to get online with the account, but the MP Account portion was blank. Very wierd, basically I had to uninstall FL completely and then go into the Windows Registry and completely clean out all registry items related to FL. I then reinstalled FL and the Account Manager worked fine. Never figured out how that happened, but got it working.

I'm pretty sure this is what's been effing mine up, because I just got the install to work and lo and behold, I have my old account already there. Where exactly are these registry files? I must kill them.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Eppy - 11-22-2007

Bump. I need some help with this, does anybody know where the registry files in question are...?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-22-2007

It's posted somewhere on this thread.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DBoy1612 - 11-22-2007

' Wrote:When you run the account manager it should pick up your code and signature automatically. But if you need to access both, they're stored here in the registry.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\1.0

Under MPAccountName and MPAccountNameSig

Enjoy...

The Freelancer Account Manager - Guest - 01-06-2008

Error: ocx file not registered
Solution: Install Windows Vista SP1 RC1 or above

That worked for me.

The Freelancer Account Manager - compfast - 03-21-2008

is there a way to find my FL account signature with out the registry? ...becuase my laptop's video card fried and i have to try and back stuff up, before i send it in to get fixed ( they format the drive ?). I have the laptop hard drive hooked up through usb on my desktop , and cant find a file that has the account signature. help please:)

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 03-25-2008

You mean to directly open the registry file, without using regedit?

It is possible, for sure. There has to be a program out there that allows you to open a the registry files.

Otherwise, you should learn about the registry file structure, and extract it yourself with an hex editor.

The Freelancer Account Manager - compfast - 03-25-2008

ooh:(...I thnk I'll just take a loss on that charactor , Thanks alot for your help guys.:D

The Freelancer Account Manager - Horon - 03-26-2008

Or couldn't you save the hard drive and send in the laptop to be fixed and have it when you get it back? Or where is the registry stored?