Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - ferongr - 09-16-2008

Euhm... If we can't get a random account generator (because we don't know the algorithm that FL uses to create the keys and signatures....), can we get a function that wipes the account registry keys (and any files in the FL program folder holding that key, if any)? That way we can create new accounts easily.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Linkus - 09-16-2008

1. Go to Run.
2. Type in regedit.
3. Goto HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
4. Goto Software.
5. Goto Microsoft.
6. Goto Microsoft Games.
7. Goto Freelancer.
8. Click on 1.0.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10. Double-click on Install Key, MPAccountName and MPAccountNameSig and make a record of ALL of them.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11. Double-click on Install Key and delete it all.
12. Double-click on MPAccountName and delete it all.
13. Double-click on MPAccountNameSig and delete it all.

No doubt FLAM could do that automatically in another release but that is the manual way that I do 2 or 3 times every day it seems since FLAM refuses to work. (Damn comdlg32.ocx)

REMEMBER TO DO STEP 10!

All the same, I take no responsibility for any damage you do:P
If you lose your accounts, don't blame me.

The Freelancer Account Manager - ferongr - 09-16-2008

Hm... I can do it, but the average Joe can't. And also, I take daily differential registry backups and I know how to resolve most windows boot-killing errors:P

Comdlg32.ocx is not distributed with Vista.

To fix the comdlg32.ocx error:

1: Download the zip (it's the file from my computer, WinXP SP3)

2: Copy it to the FLAM install folder

3: Use an admin account and type in command prompt (or "Run") regsvr32 C:\[path to FLAM folder]\comdlg32.ocx

4: You are done

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 09-18-2008

' Wrote:Euhm... If we can't get a random account generator (because we don't know the algorithm that FL uses to create the keys and signatures....), can we get a function that wipes the account registry keys (and any files in the FL program folder holding that key, if any)? That way we can create new accounts easily.
That was the first thing I did when I made the first version of the program, but it would not work on all circumstances, as the account is generated based on the active windows account. If you generated a new account with your current user, and then you delete all to make a new one, you will only get the same account you already have. That's why you need to create a new user in order to make an account (as per the readme file).

The Freelancer Account Manager - Zerox - 10-13-2008

greetings fellow admin

Is there a way to take specific chars of one account?
Or will account manager only work in the ways of just transfering everything.
I hope this isnt a dumb question, I am not the best in the pc department.
And if two people shared the same computer, will they not be able to play at the same time because of the same account?

thankyou for your time and I hope I made sense:)

Zerox.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Zygoeths - 10-25-2008

Ya thanks alot cord.......

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-06-2008

that is not what the FAM is for. The fam allows you to switch between accounts only. It has no connection to the server, nor any kind of control over your account.

The Freelancer Account Manager - jammi - 11-06-2008

Out of interest, are there any more versions for FAM being worked on?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 11-11-2008

Due to lack of time, not at the moment. But I plan to release a new version in the future, with a reworked hierarchical user interface.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 01-30-2009

Rejoice!, for I bring some good news of sorts...

The FAM has now official forums:
http://lordkorrd.dynalias.org/Forums/viewt...hp?f=23&t=6

As I'm learning web design right now, I thought I could use my newly acquired "skills" to create a site for it on my new forum [experiment]. That way, bug reports, help requests and the like can be managed properly.

I'll create a proper website for it once I feel more comfy with this dreamweaver.program.thingie. For the moment, I don't know much of web design outside of the technical aspect, and my artistic skills do suck...

Ideas, Suggestions, Criticism and Bug reports can now be posted on this place: http://lordkorrd.dynalias.org/Forums/viewforum.php?f=24
That way, I can better keep track of all the things, instead of missing the threads among the many hundreds of threads that arise here.

Yep. I know that my forum's default skin sucks, and that the main site that hosts the forums sucks even more. For some reason, the forum skin won't work for unregistered users, so the default PHPBB3 skin is used instead :/. Regarding the site, I will try to upload a better one soon.