Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 05-13-2006

You can back up accounts by using my program.
There is an export function to do that.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Dr_P - 08-06-2006

I have installed this on my normal PC account and it works fine. But when i create another account and install the program again then run it i get the message:
"Component "COMDLG32.OCX" or 1 of its dependancies not correctly registered. a file is missing or invalid"

Please Help. What did I do? What do I do? How do I do?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 08-07-2006

That is an issue with an activeX control. Try reinstalling the program.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Dr_P - 08-07-2006

Thankyou for the reply but i had already tried that on both accounts.
Turns out the second account had to be an admin account.

Nice program btw. Thankyou again.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 08-07-2006

The program wont install if you don't have admin (or advanced user) rights in the user you are installing it... Thats a windows "security" measure.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Kane - 08-19-2006

This also has to do with the Account Manager...

I have recently aquired a new computer, much better then my current one. I want to move everything over, but I have a question about it.
How do I get all the account numbers from this computer to my new one? Do I just copy the Account Manager folder and transfer that, or do I have to input the numbers and such manually?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Dab - 08-19-2006

Well the way I know of is time consuming. You select one account and look at the number (a program in the FL EXE folder tells you the account number) then write down all the numbers of your accounts and install FL on your new computer. IF you have 3 accounts you'll need to install it on 3 different computer user accounts. Each time open up multiplayer and put in one of your accounts. After each time start up FAM and have it add the account.

As I said, time consuming.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Igiss - 08-19-2006

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=37

FAM is nice, but manual saving IDs is more reliable.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 08-19-2006

FAM can export the accounts on its database.
Go to Accouts -> Export and select a location for the accouts to be saved it.

--If you choose "Windows registry files", FAM will create a folder using the name you input and will save the accounts as separated .REG files.
--If you choose "FAM data file", it will create a .ADF file (text format) on which all accounts will be writen.

To get them back, use the "Import" function on the same menu. It only can import ADF files. ".reg" files are to be added to the registry by executing them.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 08-20-2006

Very nice program.

Might I suggest you add a option somewhere in FAM that lets you insert your own account code & ID? along with a selected name for it instead of only giving you the ability to scan for a new code.

I ask for this because I have a text file with about 15 FL-ID's on it and would like to add them as I see fit.

EDIT: Also! You should add an option to set a specific server IP. for instance:

Game (Menu Items Below)
Launch Freelancer
Set Custom Server

Using the set custom server would allow you to enter an IP (For Example, Discovery Server) or even several IP's so you can select to join that server with FAM.

Would be pretty nice if I do say so myself.

Excellent work thus far