Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Lux - 05-31-2009

' Wrote:I have the first beta up and running here, and it seems to work well.
No, there won't be any public beta testing yet. Not until I can make some of the new features [and all of the current ones] to work.
It's still on a closed beta testing. Only a few selected people and me are testing it.
Korrd, you're such a tease.

The Freelancer Account Manager - atlantis2112 - 05-31-2009

Korrd, I love you man. This app is amazing!:D

The Freelancer Account Manager - Altaris - 05-31-2009

I dont know if it was mentioned here but, there is already a program similar to this one called Shizzolancer. Works great.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Jongleur - 06-06-2009

Nice work, Korrd.. this works great.

I do have a quick question for you though: I was wondering what each of the 3 main registry entries do.

MPAccountName and MPAccountNameSig seem to be the items that your AM stores, but I'm not sure about the InstallKey itself. The reason I ask is that I created a multiplayer account on a temporary user on this computer, saved all that user's data in the AccountManager, and can access the account from my main user; works as expected. The weird thing is if I change the InstallKey value to something else (like the account ID my lady uses) I can still get to my account data -- is this supposed to happen? It almost seems like the InstallKey value doesn't change anything on my PC -- I can still get to the same accounts no matter which InstallKey I use.

Appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks!

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 06-07-2009

I'm not sure what the Installkey is for. I guess it's used as a GUID to uniquely identify an FL installation.

The other two are the account ID (seems to be a GUID number) and the signature (We think it might be a digest of the account ID, MD5 or otherwise).
As soon as the way those codes are generated is found, I will be able to implement an account creation button so new accounts can be easily generated.
' Wrote:Thank you.

Last question for Korrd, when the v2.0 is out, will I be able to transfer all accounts to it?
Of course. The new version will be able to import the accounts from the old version too.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Jongleur - 06-12-2009

' Wrote:I'm not sure what the Installkey is for. I guess it's used as a GUID to uniquely identify an FL installation.

The other two are the account ID (seems to be a GUID number) and the signature (We think it might be a digest of the account ID, MD5 or otherwise).

Ahhh that makes sense and explains what I was seeing. Now onto what doesn't make sense to me (the reason why I had asked the question in the first place):

http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=37

These posts indicate to me that saving your characters requires the Installkey and only this to be saved. Needless to say I'm a bit confused.. my experience, as previously mentioned shows that the InstallKey really doesn't do anything as far as character saving/restoring goes. What do you think, Korrd?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 06-13-2009

That the install key is not related to the account. Unless it is used for new account generation.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Linkus - 06-15-2009

Any chance of getting a 64bit Vista version?
FAM doesn't work with 64bit it seems:(

The Freelancer Account Manager - eyvind - 06-15-2009

' Wrote:Any chance of getting a 64bit Vista version?
FAM doesn't work with 64bit it seems:(
It works for me without a glitch.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Linkus - 06-15-2009

It seems not to be registering properly on my computer.
COMDLG32.osx aint registered properly etc. Same issue as before basically. No clue why it isn't working.