Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Bauer - 01-27-2010

From what I got from your post, it sounds like you created a new windows account, registered it with FAM, then opened Freelancer.

If I was right, you need to make a new user account, open Freelancer first to create an ID, and then register it with FAM.

I presume FAM was picking up your other account ID that you use now, then using it when you opened Freelancer on the new account, so it came up with the same ID.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Barricade - 01-27-2010

Yes, i had some problems with it, ComDlg32.ocx and stuff.
But i finally got it working correctly.
;)

The Freelancer Account Manager - Kazinsal - 01-29-2010

So, when's 2.0 going to come out? Am I allowed to release my modified version of Cannon's little toy from the starport?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Slainte - 02-20-2010

ComDlg32.ocx error and a missing file is all that happens when i try to open flam. I will admit i havnt read the previous 39 pages in this thread so if an answer to this has already been done i apologies. Anyone any ideas?

The Freelancer Account Manager - MarvinCZ - 02-22-2010

There's probably only one possible answer for that: Get that missing file. Putting it in FAM directory will probably work. If you don't want to search for it on the Internet, ask someone with working FAM over Skype.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Alex. - 02-22-2010

Try this file, place it in your FAM directory like MarvinCZ said.

The Freelancer Account Manager - TheFloyd - 02-28-2010

I don't have a standard install of freelancer, well infact it wasn't actually installed, it was just copied to its location and runs fine. When I use the account manager to try and launch the game, it comes up with an error saying it can't find "\EXE\Freelancer.exe" because there isn't an entry for the game in the registry.

Can someone help me out? I just want to manually edit in an entry to the registry so that the account manager can locate the game .exe but I have no idea where/what to change in regedit.

the current location of the freelancer .exe is C:\Program Files\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.exe

any help would be very much appreciated =)

The Freelancer Account Manager - Sabre120 - 03-08-2010

Sound as a pound Korrd, thanks for making this, I dunno what I would do without my 8 Characters

The Freelancer Account Manager - Ebon - 04-16-2010

I have FAM 2.0 and it has one kinda annoying bug. You cant change You acc name, via clicking on it. Can it be fixed please?

Thanks for that great tool !

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 07-08-2010

The FAM 2.0 version that is currently on the wild is an early Alpha that I sent to a few people for testing. It wasn't intended for public release.

The bug you mention is not a bug. Account renaming had not yet been fully coded by the time that version got released. That's why it doesn't work.

As of late, I have more free time available (I'm even ingame). I'll see if I'm able to implement the remaining stuff on the program (account creation, etc), and deploy a 2.0 version that works properly.