Discovery Gaming Community
The Freelancer Account Manager - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Freelancer Account Manager (/showthread.php?tid=918)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

The Freelancer Account Manager - Korrd - 08-30-2006

Wolfpack98,Aug 29 2006, 06:33 PM Wrote:Best way around it is give it an option to "create new Freelancer Account" by deleting the current registery key (keeping what's inside the account db) and starting freelancer in MP mode.

That'll automatically create a new one.
[snapback]32853[/snapback]
The option is on the program, but i disabled and hide the menu because i thought it could cause account loss if someone used it without first adding the active account. I also disabled it because i thought it would bring complaining about "having a real way to create an account" instead of just deleting and launching MP.
Also, that would only work in a new user. And if you have already created a new user, the account data on that user's registry wont be there to delete as it is a per user setting.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 08-30-2006

I didn't mean making a new ID would be overkill, but having the program go onto a server and create an account for you would be... but I guess I misunderstood, definately not the first time LOL... I would love to see that feature brought back btw!

The Freelancer Account Manager - seanstakes - 08-30-2006

can somebody plz explain are little better so i can actually understand? can someone explain?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Virus - 08-30-2006

Sean, I just don't know what they're talking about.

Pretend you didn't read it. That's what I do! :D

We are talking about adding an option to the program that allows you to create a new account without having to create a new windows user to do it.

The Freelancer Account Manager - Behemoth - 08-30-2006

You could have an option to save the original registry value.
Each time you wanted to create a new account, you'd just restore the original.
When you got online, a new one would be created.
After it's created just save it as the other accounts.

The Freelancer Account Manager - DarkOddity - 08-30-2006

Behemoth,Aug 30 2006, 08:30 AM Wrote:You could have an option to save the original registry value.
Each time you wanted to create a new account, you'd just restore the original.
When you got online, a new one would be created.
After it's created just save it as the other accounts.
[snapback]33077[/snapback]

I think that is the feature Korrd originaly disabled to prevent people from saying "Improve it"

Nightfall,Apr 26 2006, 02:26 PM Wrote:The first past is good!

quote Monty Python = "And now for something completely different!"

Now, for the second part:
- Start FL, go to multiplayer and let it generate the new Account ID. (now you really have the 5 new chars)
- Start FL Account manager, it will ask to add the new account to database. Let id do so (click YES).Then it will ask you to give a name for it. Give it a name.
- Just to be safe, export the database (not to My Documents, I won't explain this further, no need) to (ex.) C:\ (or wherever you want, just make sure you know where it is, since you'll be needing these if you reformat/reinstall or rewhatever)
- Job done, Play FL

- when you want to switch the account you're playing on,
  - go to FL main menu (or to select server menu)
  - Alt+Tab to desktop
  - Start FL Account Manager
  - double-click the desired account
  - go back to FL
  - you know how to play multiplayer!

-- If it annoys you, you can delete the newly created WINDOWS USER ACCOUNT as you don't actualy need it anymore

The techie way doesn't need explaining (I think), the simple way is a problem to be made simple enough  :smile2:
[snapback]18674[/snapback]
thats how a new account is created.
Now, what i want to do is to make a function on the program that creates the account without having to do that. But i don't know how to do it.

The Freelancer Account Manager - seanstakes - 09-01-2006

YAYAYAYAY CRaCK IT!!!!!! i have now got 10 accounts!!! (can i still player to player transfur? Like Normal)?

The Freelancer Account Manager - Behemoth - 09-01-2006

seanstakes,Sep 1 2006, 10:52 AM Wrote:YAYAYAYAY CRaCK IT!!!!!! i have now got 10 accounts!!! (can i still player to player transfur? Like Normal)?
[snapback]33523[/snapback]
Do you have fifty characters?