Discovery Gaming Community
Is it possible to undock Barge? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Is it possible to undock Barge? (/showthread.php?tid=92046)

Pages: 1 2

Is it possible to undock Barge? - Sensanaty - 01-05-2013

I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so I'll just put it in the General discussion.

Now, I have 2 questions, first one being, where the hell can I dock out with the barge? The ship is ridiculously large, and I like the bigger, slower ships in the game, but I can't find anywhere where I can dock out of. With the IonCross program I tried various planets, Omicron systems, shipyards, but to no avail. Probably tried at least 3 dozen stations, I get stuck and or destroyed at each one.

Second question, a bit simpler, is, what are the ships with the orange exhausts that you see in the main menu? I tried googling, IonCrossing, searching through the galaxy, but I just can't seem to find anything that resembles that big battleship with the orange exhausts. I included a screenshot of the ship[s] I'm talking about.

[Image: 332cyv7.jpg]
[Image: 358csw6.jpg]

-Sen

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - Tunicle - 01-05-2013

Battleship in main title is Gallic Battleship - Valor and the smaller is Gallic Cruiser - Obstinate.

Barge = no idea, sorry.

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - bloogaL - 01-05-2013

The barge is too big to be able to dock on planets as you will still be in the planet when the invincibility that comes with the undock sequence stops. If you're stuck in a station with the barge after undocking, you can use the /stuck command (probably several times) to move the barge out of being stuck.

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - Sensanaty - 01-05-2013

(01-05-2013, 06:38 PM)bloogaL Wrote: The barge is too big to be able to dock on planets as you will still be in the planet when the invincibility that comes with the undock sequence stops. If you're stuck in a station with the barge after undocking, you can use the /stuck command (probably several times) to move the barge out of being stuck.

I figured the first part out the first time I tried playing with it. And how can you even get the barge in MP, I thought they stopped selling the thing?

My question was in regards of singleplayer, not multiplayer, since I use heavy fighters in MP. Is there a station in-game from which you can fly out of without dying?

And Tunicle, cheers for the name of the ships, been looking for them since I got the Discovery mod.

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - Duvelske - 01-05-2013

(01-05-2013, 06:38 PM)bloogaL Wrote: The barge is too big to be able to dock on planets as you will still be in the planet when the invincibility that comes with the undock sequence stops. If you're stuck in a station with the barge after undocking, you can use the /stuck command (probably several times) to move the barge out of being stuck.

it can dock on planets.. but undock without getting itself killed? that is another story. Admins won't save it as its TOLD on the infochart DO NOT DOCK!

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - Hannibal - 01-05-2013

you can dock easely on planet,but for undocking you need 2 players barge+a battleship the bigger the better,bs bumb you and barge use lots fo "/stuck" after 1-5 tries you'll undock so.. good luck,you'll need it[Image: 24.gif]

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - Redon - 01-05-2013

(01-05-2013, 06:35 PM)Tunicle Wrote: Battleship in main title is Gallic Battleship - Valor and the smaller is Gallic Cruiser - Obstinate.

Barge = no idea, sorry.

Actually, the ones in the pictures are Council ships as far as I can tell (Redemption) - GRN ships have blue engines.

About the barge... as the wiki says, never try docking on a planet, because you won't get the barge off it anymore. I've had no problems undocking one from various stations though, make sure you use /stuck to get your ship out of the station if it's stuck in it.

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - Tunicle - 01-05-2013

(01-05-2013, 07:28 PM)Redon Wrote: Actually, the ones in the pictures are Council ships as far as I can tell (Redemption) - GRN ships have blue engines.

Smile so they do, thank you, maybe I should change cockpit view or engage memory.

Find them as Council Battleship/Cruiser

Repeat pressing of F2 whilst undocking has been suggested as an undocking aide, not sure if also applies to barge.

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - RedEclipse - 01-05-2013

(01-05-2013, 07:12 PM)Katherine Wrote: you can dock easely on planet,but for undocking you need 2 players barge+a battleship the bigger the better,bs bumb you and barge use lots fo "/stuck" after 1-5 tries you'll undock so.. good luck,you'll need it[Image: 24.gif]
Hey, stop telling everyone about Phoenix Kung Fu! Tongue

On serious note, yes, you can. As Katherine told.

RE: Is it possible to undock Barge? - Duvelske - 01-05-2013

(01-05-2013, 08:24 PM)RedEclipse Wrote:
(01-05-2013, 07:12 PM)Katherine Wrote: you can dock easely on planet,but for undocking you need 2 players barge+a battleship the bigger the better,bs bumb you and barge use lots fo "/stuck" after 1-5 tries you'll undock so.. good luck,you'll need it[Image: 24.gif]
Hey, stop telling everyone about Phoenix Kung Fu! Tongue

On serious note, yes, you can. As Katherine told.

still its abuse of game mechanics i think to bump it out the planet. (my view) as its clear on the infochart even that it may not dock on planets.. even Violation of the ship itself.