Discovery Gaming Community
Where the end starts. Remilia's personal story. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Where the end starts. Remilia's personal story. (/showthread.php?tid=92308)

Pages: 1 2

Where the end starts. Remilia's personal story. - Remilia Scarlet - 01-10-2013

Prologue - Conversation on Mactan.

[Image: 1-34_zps8426ca1d.png]

"Look, it will be a story. About Me. Listen here or get the f*!^ out of here!"

Remilia was sitting in a small, baraly lit room, along with two mercenaries, whom she met while passing through the ice clouds of Magellan. The room was made for utility purpose and was used as a warehouse at the moment being directly connected to hangar bays. It was nice and not so noisy comparing to the hangars itselves.

The participants of this little conversation didn't knew each other, but the full box of Libertonia ale smoothed the communication pretty fine. It was slowly moving from one irrelevant topic to another.

It is hard to determine the time of a day in space but comparing to the own station's time it was an early morning of some sort so the most of the regular station's population was either sleeping or raiding the trade lanes in search of an unvigilant prey.

Remilia herself was all up to find a calm corner somewhere in station's depth to have a good sleep after the flight. Owners called this station "Mactan" and it wasn't actually offering a big deal of comfort like Hawaii liner so the little room was not a bad choise after all. But she could not enjoy the appartunity completely because of the smuggler transport, which was staying in the bays and was preparing for it's flight to the Alcatraz base, deep inside the Liberty space. She was going to use the appartunity to pass the unknown space with the local pirates so all she could is to wait for transport to be prepared.

Two of her companions were already almost completely drunk at the moment so the conversation was obviously coming to it's end very soon.

This story was not told by Remilia already for purpose, she actually didn't wanted to tell it. Like, Never. But she felt like doing it right now anyway, why not?

"So where should I start from? Perhaps from the beginning, or even earlier times...

Do you know about the "Vierlande" prison?"

RE: Where the end starts. Remilia's personal story. - Remilia Scarlet - 01-12-2013

PART 1 - The party in "hail kanzler" style

[Image: prison-cell_1552105c_zps07a3e41b.jpg]

Good for you if you didn't heard of Vierlande. Stay away from there, no jokes. I wasn't there myself, but I'm defenetely not going to. This is a special prison for any type of revolutionary-minded folk like these Hessians or Unioneers or someone else. Dark and gloomy hole for those waiting for execution or spending a life sentences for being too annoying to all-mighty strudelworld. Get there and you're done. No "honest work is the road to home." If you're thrown at Vierlande's depth then you have to know - it's your f*^@ home now, baby.

So. It happend somewhere in ... 796 year. Yes, I think so.

And now you'll hear a bit of a story about my dad, and it's "a bit" because I, myself, don't really know more. He was total jerk for sure.

So back in those years he was spending his own sentence at this great place. There is much to wonder about how he managed to slip away, but it's a fact. Rumores tells he was forced to work for the Rheinland military, those of 'em who are called the Bureau of Military Intelligence, and they managed his "escape". Maybe he managed to get out in the body bag being alife. Or is he a magician? In other words - no idea. Many would pay a solid amout of credits just to know how.

So his name was Fritz. Fritz, god damn, Gotfrig.

And yes ... if your stupid enough to bla away anything I'm telling you - I'll make you silent myself. Better safe then sorry.

So about Fritz. They took him in one of those riots between workers and police. And they maked him as a revolutioneer of cause. ***** I'd say. No, he was there not for this madness for sure. And there is another option. Shipment of ore is known for not lying on the road for free and is also known for being very profitable for those who'll get the hands on it. Stealing a transport loaded with unprocessed ore could be a great plan, but something went wrong.

He paid 6 years of Vierlande "heaven" for this mistake. And in the 796 A.S. he managed to trick his fate once again.

Fritz managed to run away to Bretonia space and there the story finally starts.

RE: Where the end starts. Remilia's personal story. - Remilia Scarlet - 01-12-2013

PART 2 - My own little world

[Image: apokalipsis-0016_zps7bd24203.jpg]

Sh*% went mental once I realised who were my parents and what a great place I'm originating from. More precisely - Planet Leeds, also knowns as a "dusty ocean of sh&*".

Factories, megacities, worker settlements, dirt and piles of wastes. Great place in short. We called this place home for once, and we didn't though we're very lucky to be born here, quiet the opposit. There is always a backside of a central cities and streets, which are clean, full of light. Full of life. Full of people. You need to make a step into the shadows to see the truth.

Home sweet home.

Oh well, it was about my mother. Silvia Berry. She was a regular woman with head full of s*@%. She's life wasn't great for she was working on a nearest factory for a small share of credits only enough to pay for a roof above the head.

And something else, a little nuance. She was helping Gaians. Or at least trying to by propaganding their ideas. She belived in it herself. Myself, I don't like the Gaians much, unlike my sister, but she was a fanatic.

Long story short. My pa somehow met my ma, love and sh*@.

797 year A.S.. Hello world. I was born.

Nothing to celebrate, sometimes, back then, I though why I was born at all. The world was cruel and cold to us.

Father "died", or better to say he's "known to be dead". "Perhaps" he's dead. Some of those lads he was hanging with came to our home once to say he was killed. They saw him being shot down by police. Ah yes, he was still a criminal since his escape, there are things that just won't change.

[Image: apokalipsis-0013_zpsc9bb1a95.jpg]

I belive you already feel that huge doubt I'v got about this. He always was a slippy man, faking deathes here and there. I think he just had enough of this family life and went away leaving two daughters and a wife beind.

Cruel and cold.

Mother wasn't happy to know about this. Half a year didn't passed and she died out of drug overdose. We saw this coming, no one could do anything.

I was 12, my sister was 11. And we were left alone to the darkest corners of this industrial planet. Face to face.

PART 3 - Lost and Damned

[Image: apokalipsis-0003_zps239f9f6e.jpg]

If I'll tell you that we had a hard time then it's like to say nothing. The chances for us to survive were... not great all. Criminal life became the only way and we made a step on it's shady roads. The city we were living in was falling apart. Many factories, the city was built around, were closed and people left this place in search of a better corner for them and their families leaving the buildings and factory complexes to slowly decay. And it was a land of appartunity. Salvaging became a perfect business for those who had no way out of that hole.

The probability of death from a bullet is better than 100% death on the streets out of hunger .. or from the same bullet. Decision wasn't hard to make.

But not only this. Some of mother's friends helped us alot and there was a "Little" Jimmy between them. He was working with Gaians and other pirates and criminals helping them to buy and sell ***** on the black market. He helped us to join the gang. We were safe for some time and his friends were looking over us. This wasn't much, but his help was great.

[Image: apokalipsis-0031_zps1a6e9a92.jpg]

We joined the "Four Fingers" Bill's gang. He was brute and dump having enough mind to steal some easy stuff and enough strength to put in line anyone who was thinking he's better then him do lead. "Four Fingers" was also working for a bigger gang from 21th street. Almost every bit of profit we had to give away to Bill but it was better then nothing. A chance to survive.

Anyway, 10 years have passed. We were scavenging the factory complexes, warehouses, buildings and underground tunnels in search of useful tools and equipment to sell. We belived we'll get out of this low life once. We wanted to belive.

And we couldn't imagine the chance will come fast enough.

PART 3.5 - The Sin

[Image: 1310547195_40_zps74a3e3d2.jpg]

Murders. Murders everuwhere. Fitting into the regular street's life. Murders were a routine. But not for us, at least until that day.

This day my very soul died, I belive in this. I can't become an innocent child again - it is clear for me. Everything was crumbling into the hell with shots blazing. We got caught in a crossfire between two gangs - that's how it happened.

Toxic clouds were dark and thus adding more tence into the situation.

Jan, the Bill's right hand, and two of his men have found us when we were walking through the former apartment building in search of useful things, but our hands were still empty.

What Jan have told wasn't any surprice to us since we already heard the shots and screams nearby. Nobody wanted to go but everyone knew how terrible is the rage of boss Billy so we simply put a grim face and went after the Jan.

It was difficult to determine where was the friends or foes. Sparkles of shots could be seen here and there across the street. Fire was not intensive but dangerous anyway. The heavy wound could become a deadly one quiet easy. Medical treatment wasn't easy to find.

Rapid death or slow one. Neither was an option.

Everything happened quickly. Jan led the group through the ruins of the old building when we suddenly met a group five people armed with rifles and pistols.

You know, even knowing the smell of death it is impossible to remain indifferent to meeting her face to face.

Blood splattered on me, and Jan, slid to the floor trying to hold the blood that was fountaning out of his neck. His pistol fell a meter away from me, but I just stood there like a doll and watched. Fear paralyzes the mind. But another feeling cleared my brain the next second. The pain in the left hand brought me back to reality and time, that seemed to stop, went full speed again. Clutching the wound on my hand, I jumped forward to Jan's gun. It was laying near his body and a pool of blood had already begun to fill up around him.

The next 5 seconds I'll remember for my entire life. Bold-shaved gunman charged into the room firing his weapon somewhere down the hall. When he saw me he made a shot and the pain in shoulder stroke my brain like a lance of fire. No time to think, no time to choose. Kill or be killed. It was clear and I shot at him. Then again and again. He was dead, and I felt that I'm falling unconscious.

I do not know how much time have passed. Consciousness returned to me and I found myself in a dark room that looked like a basement because it had no windowses. It was lit by only one lamp. My sister found a doctor and gave him the Jan's gun and some other stuff of what little we had for him to put me back on my feets. Turned out he knew his work well. At least the hand was still at where it belongs to.

That's how it happened. My "first time". There was no thoughs in my head except one. "I don't feel anything".

RE: Where the end starts. Remilia's personal story. - Remilia Scarlet - 01-13-2013

PART 4 - The Place, The Time And The Foolish Life

[Image: 7334532018_48d166a9b6_b_zpscb4b3194.jpg]

It was not so long ago. At that time I was already 23. Sis was 21. The day went bad and we were sitting around the fire in one of the abandoned houses. Raindrops were drumming on the floor. The room was on a 5th floor and we decided that it's a perfect place to spend the rainy night at.

View from the window was neat. Large industrial complex with own space port and various buildings and warehouses behind the tall concrete wall. There was no signs of activity around it right now, but it wasn't true. A month or so ago Bill's guys reported a strange activity around this complex with space transports landing on the field. Also the guards were seen around it patrolling the perimeter.

[Image: zabrosheno-00322_zpscbd3d302.jpg]

Transports of various sort were coming from the planetary capital side carrying unknow cargo. The life came back to this place for the reason we yet didn't knew.

The question about who the ***** is it and what they are doing was visiting our minds more and more, everyone was nervouse about that. Seeing this, or maybe by the order of Bill himself, Stan - the leader of out group and Bill's right hand (after the Jan's death)gave us an order to watch over this place from the safe distance. Military "Templars" were circling the whole abandoned city, dispite the complex being at it's edge, so no one wanted to attract their attention. Why they were guarding this place so well and in secrecy? Something important was coming.

So we were looking after this place for a few days already. At the first day we got bored of doing nothing quiet fast but then the weather went bad and with rain constantly going no one was against this drill. Everyone was on his place to play his role. The value of a time and place is somewhat easy to underestimate, and it is also almost impossible to predict. Something important was about to happen soon, we felt it. But none of us gave any attention to that feeling back then.

And the future events rained on our unprepared heads.

RE: Where the end starts. Remilia's personal story. - Remilia Scarlet - 01-13-2013

PART 5 - Queen Luck

[Image: apokalipsis-0014_zps75f33c57.jpg]

How little we knew about the life outside of our little world. Sometimes I'm looking back to feel those feelings again, those new emotions and knowleges we got in a rapid mailstorm of events which happened around us. Those feelings were smashing, and knowleges... uff, we had to rethink every single bit of our understanding of the world to fit up into the new environment.

Heavens broke into pieces like a glass bottle and dozens of trans atmospheric bombs struck on our astonished heads. Explodions and fire turned the night into the day and this wondeful but deadly spectacle have broke our past life marking it's end.

We couldn't belive our eyes, this was simply unreal and far beyond our understanding. The huge explodion waked us up when the warhead blew away few buildings at less then a half o kilometer from us.

Bombardment was clearly unsighted and the sparkles of an orbital battle could be seen through the night skyes. Flaming arrows of destroyed ships were sparkling across the sky.

We was not ready for something like that for sure. The chaos of panic splited up our group and everyone runned away trying to find a safe place. I took a look into the window on our way from that building that could become our grave in a matter of seconds. And this was just in time because the space port of the factory complex went fully alive. Many people were running across the field preparing a few dozens of ships for a flight. The distance was long and I couldn't recognise who're those people and what they are going. But...

Ships!

Lots of trucks and other mashinery were loading various containers into their waste cargo holds. My mind was working hard trying to figure out what is going on and how to escape. Most of our friends could not be seen already, they spread out and runned to the city's center. Fire was everywhere. I realized that, again, we had no choice and we need to run to these ships.

My sister was crying. I grabbed her arm and we went towards the complex. After going through the few blocks of appartment buildings we reached the factory's walls. The wall was broken in a few places so we easily slipped through one of the broken sections and swiftly ran past the piles of garbage and abandoned industrial machinery straight towards the hangars and lights. If anyone noticed us then they obviously didn't gave a flying *****.

[Image: Capricaafterthebombing-2_zpsc72a664a.jpg]

We slowed down at the whole mountain of rusty boxes near the hangar. We had a nice view from there. After those boxes the open field was lying with just some containers and broken vehicles of now unknown origin here and there that were giving almost no cover. we could not sneak up to the transports through that place. However we could now had a better view on the people at the field.

Damn.. Damn. Damn! That's what I though back then. Armed Forces. With their uniform just like on the agitation pictures we saw around the city. The facility was clearly used for storing the military equipment and that wasn't the best finding for us.

About a half of a dozen of "Templars" were taxing out of the hangars. We didn't knew what to do. I started to get nervous (on top of being nervous already, damn) about the fact that we got trapped near that hangar with bombs continuously dropping and with transports now being unreachable.

Templars one by one took off and, rapidly accelerating, went towards the planetary capital. Almost all transports were already loaded and were departing one after another as well. But then the huge exploadion made a wave of heat that rolled over the field. The noisy voice of alarm feeled the space and we saw two of the transports being turned into the burning pices. Chaos filled the field and crew started to chaotically run around trying to get onboard of the remaining transports.

This was our chance. And we ran as fast as we never did in before. We ran between the containers and burning debris. Near the people and machines. No one cared for a second and we rushed to the nearest transport that was looking like a huge snail. I think someone called for us - it was no longer important at all. The ramp got closed and we felt like transport took off and went towards the skyes with all engines blazing.

PART 6 - Wings Of Fortune

[Image: MZCargoHold_zpsa20be34f.jpg]

The cargo hold was dark with only few lamps working on the sides of the bay. Boxes and fixing chains were both making a scary noises with every ship's turn. We decided to hide behind some huge containers that were giving us a good cover. From there we heard a few voices - people were laudy talking to each other, almost screaming sometimes, so we could get some information on what has happened. We found out that some "Empire" broke up through the Bretonian forces and started to siege the planet Leeds. Things were not great at all and those guys were nervous about it.

Who are these people from the "Empire" - I could only guess. But turns out it was their bombs that almost killed us.

Several hours have passed since we left the Leeds and transport was slowly moving at the yet unknown direction and I could only wonder when we'll get a chance to know more.

Suddenly the ship shuddered a few times. The blow was strong enough to make few boxes to loose into the free flight across the bay. Alert went screaming and we were trying to hold ourselfs from smashing over some of the containers with ship making hard maneuvers. Artillery turrets went alife and gunfire filled the space.

Soon the shields apparently broke down and the thunder of a few huge explosions echoed throughout the ship. The fire had started and we already thought that we'll just wanish away with the main reactor going critical. But the fire was extinguished quickly and we hid again listening to the noises and trying to figure out the situation. My own assume was that the "Empire's" ships had ambushed the military transport, which was logical, and are going to capture it or destroy. My fate wasn't in my hands once again and that was some kind of a baaaaad feeling. But, as turned out soon enough, it was a mistake ...

PART 7 - The Big Game In Shadows

[Image: ASTEROIDS-1_zpsde0c5cad.jpg]

Silence. Silence and darkness togethers comes along with insanity. The monsters are coming off your own mind to ravage on your soul. No way out, no information, no light - we had to sit in the darkness on the cold floor and wait for our future to come with grim thoughs wondering our mind and imagination. Uncertainty was exhausting for the mind. And we were in the darkness for too long. The ship was obviously moving with it's machinery working. It was making many small menuvers and we couldn't imagine where we are at all and I finnaly fallen asleep.

Sudden noises woke my up. It was a clear sign that we'll know what happened quiet soon. Our ship was landing.

The ramp slowly went down and opened a view on the metal walls of the hangar bay with a bunch of folks gathered near the ship. Those clearly wasn't of any type of soldiers I could imagine and my heart slowed down. Pirates? Bandits? Damn!

But my sight got attracted by one of those people. He was standing along with others wearing an unknown space suit and a few man were recieving orders from him. There was no doubt - it was a Little Jimmy.

Jimmy was surprised as well to see us coming from behind the containers. I just think that at that moment he was realising how we are happy ourselfs to see a friendly face after all those events.

I, myself, could not belive in such a good luck. We actually made it out - out of the cursed dead city, towards the new life and new hope.

Jimmy told us alot about the war and about the people on that, as turned out, space station.

We were on the base ruled by the "Junkers" - The Trafalgar, which was hidden somewhere in the New London system. The transport we were in was owned by the Borderworld Export Corporation and was evacuating a various production machinery to the planet Cambridge. The Gaians have captured the transport and now Jimmy was arranging the deal on the black market between some, so-called "Zoners" and those Gaians.

This day went better then we even could expect and Jimmy liked our story as well. We joined him and soon, after taking a long rest, his ship went off the docks towards the Manchester system.

PART 8 - Between The Lights And Shadows

[Image: ONE-1_zps1c800240.jpg]

Monthes have passed since our escape from the war. This was not our war and we didn't wanted to be involved. Now we had an own way in this life and we've learned our lessin well.

The life on the Holmfilth base wasn't anything special for it was a regular pirate base runned by the Gaians. But there was no signs of the gaian ideas I used to hear from my mother. Ravage, plunder and murder - that's how the base residents were making their voice heard.

We didn't heard about the Jimmy since he decided to depart to the Tau sector that was far beyond the Bretonia boreders so me and my sister were on our own. We were taking part in a pirate raids with the Gaians and Corsairs, pirates from Omegas, which were visiting the base quiet oftern but I wasn't sure it's something I'm going to do for many years. My sister felt the same, but for another reason - she wanted to join the Gaian movement at Edinburg system where, as she heard, they are fighting against the Spa and Cruise company.

I decided to stay in Manchester. The Holmfilth was my base of operation for quiet a time since then. I learned that the war is a death for someone and the great profit for another. Many transports were runned through the Liberty border to Bretonia by the greedy traders who wanted to sell the useless crap the bretonian industry hardly lacked for an unnormous amount of cash. And we always were nearby to get our share.

[Image: ONE-2_zps7cf09236.jpg]

This lust for money drove an every last swag in Bretonia to the borders to try out their own luck to hit the jackpot and many of them gathered to raid the convoys. And along them there was a special kind of pilots - a mercenaries. Their work have attracted my attention so I spend many hours talking to them in a bars.

I liked the idea of being a mercenary. This determined alot for my future. I decided to make my own way in the space as a mercenary. And I liked my decision a big time.

But there was something to take care of before I could be free, we could be free. We discussed this many times and soon enough the time for us to completely wanish from past had to come.