Discovery Gaming Community
Mutual Respect - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Mutual Respect (/showthread.php?tid=93066)

Mutual Respect - Jarael - 01-25-2013

[Image: 76330_4493157121895_478825610_n.jpg]

Jarael brings Tutashkhia's escape pod to Freeport 10 after the destruction of his Asco.

[Image: JaraelPortrait.jpg]

So, Data Tutashkhia, is it? Well met. You fly well, sir.

I don't know what you'll do from now on, or how you'll get a replacement ship,
but if you intend to continue down your path of piracy I hope you understand
if I do not wish you luck in your endeavor.

Now, I suppose I'd better get going before flight control gets too irritated by
the big Kronos attached to their airlock...

RE: Mutual Respect - Tutashkhia - 01-26-2013

[Image: 880749568_zpsc3daac2c.jpg]

Data opens his eyes, he seems to be a bit astonished, then takes his felt cloak and searches for a cigar in it... Lights up a cigar, pauses for a few seconds, then glances to Jarael.

So…, paused for a few seconds, deeply breathes and continues. So, you got me here, eh? Looks like you know very little about me, but I know nothing about you, and I’d like to hear who you are.

Secondly, what’s about the future of mine, Data pauses, tries to find the words to continue talking, thinks for a few seconds and starts. I’m afraid I’ve not finished my job yet, so I guess I’ll continue doing my job again.

Thirdly, you seem to care about my ship, but it’s not a big problem for me to find something useful… I believe my friends still can provide me with the same, useful ship which will help me to continue doing my job.

RE: Mutual Respect - Jarael - 01-27-2013

Who am I? I am a battleship commander under employment by IMG. I'm originally from Planet Leeds. My...goal...is to stop the spread of that orange stuff called cardamine. Working with the IMG seemed the way to do it. They seem to dislike the stuff, too.

While the Outcasts are reliant on it to survive, their continued deliberate attempts to cause others to become enslaved to the product is what I cannot abide. I...

Jarael's comms unit starts beeping. A quick glance down at her comms unit show the caller is her second-in-command.

Sorry, Data, I have to take this one.

A short conversation on the comms later...

I need to return to the ship for a few minutes. I'll be right back.

15 minutes later...

[Image: 180pxjaraelarkohredmm0.jpg]

So, Data, looks like I'll be staying on Freeport 10 for a day or two for IMG business.

The floor vibrates a little as the Darth.Sunshine takes off from the Freeport.

Guess we'll have more time to talk, eh? So, tell me, what is your story? I see you around a bit, and I definitely heard your name being mentioned in several tales of battle in Java's bar. Your prowess in combat is a known thing in the IMG. The path you tread is less well known. Most say you are just another pirate looking to make a quick buck off honest, hardworking people. Some of them say you are pure evil and would have preferred it if I'd jettisoned your escape pod into the sun. What exactly have you done to garner such a dislike from them?

RE: Mutual Respect - Tutashkhia - 01-27-2013

Data listens to Jarael without any expressions in his face, sometimes glances to Jarael, then hangs his head and listens to the interlocutor until the end.

Well, well… Data pauses, seems he cannot decide how to start. I have to admit that you’re the first man under the IMG tag who told me the real reason of his job. Unlike others, you’re trying to do something good for the humanity. Unlike others, from what I’ve heard from you, you’re not doing your job for money. A serious look of Data’s face turns into the smile. He calls a worker in the bar and asks him to bring a wine or a champagne and two glasses.

Actually, I’ve to stay here for a few days too, until my friend brings me a replacement ship, so we’ll have enough time to talk…

After a few minutes, a man with white clothes brings a bottle of wine and two glasses, Data fills the glasses and drinks to the God:

He who created the firmament by the omnipotent might of his power,
Gave breath to all living creatures and to man spirits celestial,
Gave us the world to possess with all its unlimited varieties,
And Kings ordained by Him, each in His own image.

One God, who has created the form of every man's body,
Assist us, give us strength, to conquer the wiles of Satan;
Fill us with longing for love, endless, enduring to death!
Lighten the load of sins we must bear to the world to come!

Data drinks till the end, breathes out and lights up a cigar.

So, now let me tell you something about me.

First of all, I still cannot understand why I prefered pirating... But maybe because,that I prefer pirating than being a worker of an empire.You know that working for an empire sometimes,or maybe most time, demands you to do something bad,something that is not a business of a right man.Espionage,shadowing and such kind of missions aren't suitable for a he-man.That's for sure, but the sad fact is that, most people cannot understand that.They still consider that, the empire is exactly the thing that runs the wheel of the sirius.That's their ideology,that's how they think... And that's what I care about.

Secondly,traders who trade for money, don't know what will they do with that money.But I know. They ruin their health now, and when they become rich they will spend all money for their health. That's for sure,that's well know for me.

Now another matter... You know, if you're a human you should give a hand when you see someone in trouble, someone poor who cannot do anything for himself.But that man should do the same when he sees someone in trouble,shouldn't he? Yes,he should. But he doesn't. That's the problem.

Data stops, throws the cigar away and thinks.After a few seconds, he continues.

Now you know what's my anxiety. I'd like to hear your opinion about these too... you seem to be a good man too.

RE: Mutual Respect - Jarael - 01-27-2013

Jarael downs the wine and places her glass down on the table, and listens.

She thinks for a moment, then responds.

Well, Data, from what you say, it seems like you've got a bit of a sense of morals. Working for an empire sometimes, or maybe most times, demands you to do something bad, something that is not a business of a right man. True. Yet you find no issue with piracy? I don't understand. You'd rob others and think it right?

As for traders who trade for money, well, have you considered that one day you will need savings to retire? Or perhaps you plan to work until the day you die? I don't know, I don't see any issue with making money for the future.

Jarael looks to Data.

So, tell me, what exactly are you aiming for?

RE: Mutual Respect - Tutashkhia - 04-08-2014

-Long time no see,Jarael.
It'll take too long to explain the reasons and you might even get bored with listening to that apathetic story too.

The man of his word takes off his felt cloak,sits down around a round,small table,keeps silence for a while,still observing the dark room and thinking about what Jarael had asked him before he disappeared.

-You, he finally disturbed the silence,calm like a cloud in a serene sky.-You agreed me with the ideology about the Empire. But looks like you've misunderstood a bit. Lights up a cigar and looks around the room to see if he missed some important details of his surroundings. -Being a part of Empire means that you've to do whatever the command orders you,but being a pirate means to be an independent.If I rob others,I do that in order to push them to the right way,to strengthen them and make them behave with their own minds.Rubbed the stock into the ash-rtay and leaned back in his chair.

Pauses for a few seconds,glances at Jarael and smiles. -Do you really think I'll survive till the retirement? Laughs hysterically. There're so many eyes watching me,so many guns aimed at me, and so many bounties on my head... And you still think such stupidity? Ha-hah. Even if I retire,I'll have enough supplies of useless and useful goods,if the majority don't become forgeters. I gave lots of people a hand,while nobody wanted to help their cause. I patrolled their systems and shot down the lowlifes when they were left with two or three remaining ships. I also did so much for good their kind that my future should be even ensured by them and even if I become an idle, I should not have to worry about any necessaries. But I did it proudly. Even though Data tries his best to cut down on smoking,he lights up the 5th cigar now.

-I'd say an old saying, Pauses, looks around once again, tries to convince himself that nobody is watching. -They said "what you give is yours, what you keep is lost". If the 30% of those who were saved and given a hand from me is aware of this saying, or has any sense of reply in right way, the whole remaining minutes of my life will be ensured.

Data smiled interestingly,almost a smirk, but not quite on his face. -You, a captain of that biggie thing, are interested in my future goals? My aim makes you interest and wanna hear it? Glances at Jarael for two-three seconds and bows his head. -I'm aiming for the ways to change a wicked man into a kind one. But it's way too hard, I'm still in process of searching for the ways to success in that goal.