Discovery Gaming Community
A possilbe QCP issue? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: A possilbe QCP issue? (/showthread.php?tid=9307)

Pages: 1 2 3

A possilbe QCP issue? - Cawdor - 06-12-2008

Well not a long time ago I made my Privateer of the crown (my only lawful char) and I was eager to deploy my ship in 13/17 or the taus to do some concrete inRP privateering, hopefully backed up with a bretonian transporter, to disrupt kusarinese supply routes (the diamond run).

Then I asked one of my superior officers to relocate to 13 or even honshu, to finally get the job going. but to my surprise, I was confronted with a fear about us getting sanctioned. Now I am floating around bretonia and acting like a police officer -_-

What do you guys think? Would there be such a big fuss with us privateering in 13? we even have it on our ZoI map as a stationing ground for the privateers... =/
or do you think its to far away? like how should we get there?

discuss.

A possilbe QCP issue? - Unseelie - 06-12-2008

I used to have ships in the sigmas, pirating stuff.
We followed the trade routes, and found the one that all the kusari traders were moving on.
Worked out well.
I dont think we're at risk of getting sanctioned, but I do think it adds workload to the admins, who receive sanction reports both for us being very away from bretonia, and for pirating with lawful IDs....

A possilbe QCP issue? - Stoat - 06-12-2008

Most folks that post here will be all for privateering.

We have BAF IDs which prohibit us from piracy. That's the spanner in the works.

If we stick to Kusari only vessels there shouldn't be a problem, we're at war after all.

The problem is non-Kusari ships, as experienced by Blunt and his ensuing sanction. I can't see any way for the admins to avoid sanctioning us if someone files a sanction report. Strictly speaking, we are breaking server rules, after all.

A possilbe QCP issue? - kingvaillant - 06-12-2008

Wait for next version, go see the ID proposal by Kuraine, Just wish that Igiss Approves all this stuff

A possilbe QCP issue? - Blodo - 06-12-2008

So far it's doubtful that he will. This decision is annoying as hell, detracting from RP and generally detrimental to the server, but it looks like the IDs won't get into 4.85. Frenchie faction is more important.

A possilbe QCP issue? - Robert.Fitzgerald - 06-13-2008

Maybe use the mercenary ID instead of the BAF one? Or, -shock- pirate id:)

A possilbe QCP issue? - Dieter Schprokets - 06-13-2008

For now, pirating Kusari ships alone, may be a reasonable solution

A possilbe QCP issue? - sovereign - 06-13-2008

Mercenary ID can get reported for pirating, unfortunately.

Pirate ID could work, nobody's reported the Fantasia for being ooRP yet, or at least nobody's gotten through with it.

Pirate ID + Templar/Challenger/Percheron + official faction tag + spotless roleplay = no problems.

A possilbe QCP issue? - song - 06-13-2008

I'd say brand them pirates and treat them as privateers, marqued by the Queen to raid commerce in the Sigmas. give them pirate IDs and you can hit any ships. Only pirate in their designated pirate areas though and as for not "allying with lawfuls" just have them not do joint actions with the military. When they dock, "don't ask..don't tell". Have them drop their affiliation tags and show as non affiliated--but they can still be in the green to your friendlies.

Should work.

You can change the "pirate" back if the war ever ends or you want to return them to regular military service.

Worked for the Confederates during the civil war.

A possilbe QCP issue? - Dab - 06-13-2008

Yeah, I believe Privateer IDs are being made for 4.85 (if I can catch Igiss online again I can check..:dry:) so you'll just have to wait till then. Till then use Sovereign's idea I guess..

I'm trying to get the Deut smuggling up and going again, as you may remember from today's encounters with my Yacht (:P). But that may take awhile.. Hopefully I'll have two people running it with me (My Liner, 1 a Kusari Trans, 1 a Firefly, unless I can convince him to use a Kusari Trans instead..)