Discovery Gaming Community
New Stations - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New Stations (/showthread.php?tid=9312)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Stations - Linkus - 06-12-2008

New stations? Been done before for mods like Freeworlds etc and in theory should work exactly like a ship for hitboxes etc. Don't see any issues for it really and would add a bit more diversity to FL. Perhaps for the French? After all they didn't grow up with the other houses.

Here's something I just did, merely a very basic concept that I'm going to work off or just dump:
[Image: station1po5.jpg]
[Image: station2dr9.jpg]
[Image: station3ou2.jpg]
[Image: station4jb8.jpg]

Point is to show that even the most basic designs can look totally different to what Freelancer has.
We could even just add on bits to current station models. The Orbiting Colony in Munich is a good example of bits and pieces of objects being put together to create a complex. I made something similar for another mod shipyard wise but didn't get some errors ironed out totally before the mod collapsed anyway.

So thoughts? Shall we have some new or at least different stations?

New Stations - pim - 06-12-2008

Textured, this one should be nice... but it's up to others than me to decide...

Oh it's nowhere near finished enough for the game >.<
Just thought I'd provide a quick example for people. We could change the models of many current stations, simply to give some more diversity. They would be similar to the current stations though, to ensure it stays true to Freelancer as Igiss prefers.

New Stations - Jones - 06-12-2008

yes, please add more stations to the "NEWER" systems.. dont change the original ones. best you do it to the gaurd systems or somewhere outside so that exporlers can see some thing interestion when travelling all the way to border worlds.

New Stations - Unseelie - 06-12-2008

Variety is a must, and, btw, nice station. Try a ring, next?
I've this awesome vision of a ring station built around an asteroid...

Draw it? Even a useless little thing in paint is a great help because currently I'm thinking of a circle going THROUGH an asteroid, an asteroid just sitting in the middle of a ring and a ring made up of various asteroids and metal:P

New Stations - RickJames - 06-12-2008

It does look like a perfect style for a guard system station. Very maximum security looking. House corp R&D station.

New Stations - Tortured_Soul - 06-12-2008

I like the idea of adding stations and so far as I know, it's not been discussed before in Discovery. Might be interesting. would definately give a better character to the different factions.

New Stations - Epholl - 06-12-2008

' Wrote:14) Objects added by Discovery. Use original models for everything, even for weapon platforms. The last Discovery-added model should be Nightfall's dockable Outcast dreadnought. No more allowed.

New Stations - Linkus - 06-13-2008

So we are basically saying that advancement in design is perfectly fine for ships but in the past decade or so, no new stations of different designs have appeared?