Discovery Gaming Community
JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars (/showthread.php?tid=93160)

Pages: 1 2

JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - stardust47 - 01-27-2013

http://news.sky.com/story/1043186/star-wars-episode-vii-new-director-revealed
Quote:Star Trek director JJ Abrams is to direct the latest Star Wars film, Episode VII, which begins production in the coming months.

Announcing the news, Star Wars creator George Lucas said: "I've consistently been impressed with JJ as a filmmaker and a storyteller. He's an ideal choice to direct the new Star Wars film and the legacy couldn't be in better hands."

The film will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy through Disney Lucasfilm, after the Walt Disney Company brokered a deal to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd in October 2012.

"It's very exciting to have JJ aboard leading the charge as we set off to make a new Star Wars movie," said Kennedy.

I think this is gonna be good. He did a good job of the last Star Trek films and his TV stuff has been pretty good.

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - Toaster - 01-27-2013

Star Wars is screwed.

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - onca - 01-28-2013

Agreed, I think Abrams is a good choice, and one the fans will welcome.

Personally I think Lucas is waaaaaay overrated as a film director. The last good one he did was... Star Wars. (Note that Lucas didn't direct Empire Strikes Back or Return of the Jedi).

But I just thank God they didn't get Michael Bay. Then I would surely kill myself.

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - Sarawr!? - 01-28-2013

Who better to go to than JJ Abrams? He's been doing some gooooood stuff lately, making sci-fi 'popular' again and all.

It'll be a bit funny having him work Star Trek and Star Wars at the same time, though. XD

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - Agmen of Eladesor - 01-28-2013

(01-28-2013, 04:15 AM)LolRawr!? Wrote: Who better to go to than JJ Abrams? He's been doing some gooooood stuff lately, making sci-fi 'popular' again and all.

Joss Whedon, of course ...

Don't get me wrong, I like SOME of what cousin Jeff does. It seems like when he's directing instead of producing things are a lot better. Revolution sucked, first episodes of Lost that he directed were great, then the rest of it sucked, while both Super 8 and Star Trek were great - but he was both producer AND director there - which is going to also be the case with Star Wars Episode VII.

(And yes, he's not a close cousin, but he's a cousin.)

And if Sci-Fi were popular again, Blood and Chrome would be picked up and made into a series.

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - Kuze - 02-02-2013

(01-28-2013, 05:44 AM)Agmen of Eladesor Wrote: Joss Whedon, of course ...

The world is not prepared for that level of epic and awesome yet Smile

Well I like it will be directed by Abrams, he will make a better job, than Lucas did with the screwed up Episodes I-III. And all I want in Episode 7 is Mara Jade played by Rachel Stevens...or Olivia Wilde Smile

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - Loken - 02-03-2013

I wouldn't count on that. Prepare to throw all EU lore out of the window.

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - fencore - 02-03-2013

(02-03-2013, 05:07 PM)Loken Wrote: I wouldn't count on that. Prepare to throw all EU lore out of the window.
THEY ALREADY DID WITH THE MANDALORIANS IN THE CLONE WARS.

Sad

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - Duvelske - 02-03-2013

well best to do is just to wait and see the results of it..

RE: JJ Abrams to direct new Star Wars - candytripn - 02-04-2013

I really hope this is a troll; what, ruining Star Trek not enough for him? At least we'll finally see if Nokia and Budweiser are still around.. wait, long time ago.. far way.. ah hell, he'll prolly just change that with time travel too