Discovery Gaming Community
UMG| Underground Miners Guild - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: UMG| Underground Miners Guild (/showthread.php?tid=93346)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

UMG| Underground Miners Guild - TLI-Inferno - 01-31-2013

Underground Miners Guild
Founded by UMG|DestructiveMiner

The Underground Miners Guild [UMG] is a group of miners who broke away from IMG because we prefer working for less lawful customers. We most frequently service the Junkers and Zoners, however we have been known to assist smugglers and other unlawful who could not normally obtain ores from corporate miners.

Identification, Ship and Equipment Requirements
All members are permitted to use only the IMG ID and Junker ID. ID's that are diplomatically tied will not be permitted.

Due to the nature of the guild’s business, all members are required to dedicate all but one turret mount to weapons for defending themselves, other miners, or customers when necessary. Members’ ability to deter various types of attackers will be tested in order to ensure their ability to serve the organization.

Diplomacy
In order to maintain a legitimate reputation, all members are required to obey all combat-related laws of their location’s lawfuls. While there will be no internal repercussions for criminal activities such as smuggling, we will not protect violators against lawfuls prosecuting them for the violation.

Order of Engagement
Because of the variety of customers which this organization will serve, it is important to have a specific set of regulations to determine who to support in the possibility of an opening conflict.

The first priority is customer service. Regardless of diplomacy, customers currently being served will be defended against attackers, unless the attackers are lawful, members of the Junker Congress, or members specifically protected under the decree of an executive of this organization.

If neither or both parties are customers, miners will not support the aggressor unless specifically authorized to do so by an executive. In these situations, members of the Junker Congress will be protected, and if none are involved, miners are encouraged to stay neutral, or under extreme circumstances, engage at their own discretion.

Specialization

Specializations of members of the UMG organization are split into three classes:

Miners: These are the main workers. They fly mining ships. They gather raw materials for ourselves or to sell to customers. At the same time, they also pack some firepower for emergency situations.

Haulers These may either work with miners hauling for profit, or they may even haul resources to maintain the needs of UMG. They fly freighters and transports. They still pack a punch when necessary.

Gunners: These are the killers of UMG. They fly fighters, bombers, and gunboats, which they use either to protect the operations of UMG, or to destroy the enemies of UMG.

Recruitment and Decommission
Members of any Sirian faction may be considered for recruitment, however they must first be approved by an executive and obtain mining license or IMG identification papers certifying that they can mine and have no legal ties to house corporations or lawfuls.

Applying for Recruitment
Those wishing to join us must first give us some information about themselves. We respect your privacy, and we don't even need your real name. All we need is:

The nickname of your current ship

The specific ship you are currently flying

What faction your ship is currently alligned with

What role you are applying for -- Miner, Hauler, Gunner

Why you want to join UMG

UMG Executives:
UMG|DestructiveMiner - Founder

UMG Members:
UMG|DestructiveMiner -- UMG|DetrimentalHauler -- UMG|DeliveryHauler -- UMG|Ball_'o_Scrap
UMG|Stray_Miner
UMG|Miner-Gunner
UMG|James.Nelson
UMG|Xenadu

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - Wraga - 01-31-2013

Are you planning to make a special ZOI or are you planning to use the formal IMG one? Are you planning to keep the current IMG relations? IMG will tolerate this group? What kind of ores are you planning to mine?

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - Sanguines - 01-31-2013

If your breaking away from IMG, I do suggest getting Miner ID only. Its simple as that and it means May not dock at IMG, DSE, BMM, Daumann, Kruger, GMG and GMS bases. .

Wouldnt be in RP to dock on IMG bases just when your breaking away.

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - SummerMcLovin - 01-31-2013

"Have you heard of the new Mining Guild? No, that must be because they are so Underground."
That's what I thought when reading this Big Grin

It's a fair enough idea, and I don't really see any issues with you using the IMG ID. The Guild has always been focused on the individual, and there are the Mollys, Hessians and some other unlawful groups in particular you can interact with.

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - hades durin - 01-31-2013

the really intresting part will be how to get a deal with junker, since they often steal ore from img miners and their haulers...

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - TLI-Inferno - 01-31-2013

(01-31-2013, 12:01 PM)Sanguines Wrote: If your breaking away from IMG, I do suggest getting Miner ID only. Its simple as that and it means May not dock at IMG, DSE, BMM, Daumann, Kruger, GMG and GMS bases. .

Regular Miner ID can basically mine, well... Nothing... It's insanely slow at everything, and nobody would pay a regular Miner when they have to wait so long for service. We allow that ID for people who want total independence, and because it can still mine Helium better than anyone else.

We are not at war with IMG, why would it be OORP for us to use an IMG base? We're a branch of IMG, IMG is, after all, the "Independent Miners Guild", giving their individuals more flexibility than most. We're just a branch that's less legal. But IMG doesn't have to know that, now do they?

(01-31-2013, 11:49 AM)Wraga Wrote: Are you planning to make a special ZOI or are you planning to use the formal IMG one? Are you planning to keep the current IMG relations? IMG will tolerate this group? What kind of ores are you planning to mine?

Any information not listed in my post above can be filled in with IMG's information, because we are IMG miners. Our history is IMG's history. Our zone of influence is IMG's zone of influence. The ores we mine are the ores IMG is capable of mining. I can't give us the ability to do anything that IMG can't already do, because we're using IMG ID's. Until we're able to get our own ID, which will probably never happen, we won't be able to participate in fully unlawful acts.

(01-31-2013, 01:08 PM)hades durin Wrote: the really intresting part will be how to get a deal with junker, since they often steal ore from img miners and their haulers...

I spoke with the junker congress ahead of time. I've been working for them for ages, and I've filled at least a dozen of their barges with ore, plus many salvagers. I already asked them in advance if they'd be alright with me forming UMG with the intention of serving semi-unlawful such as themselves and other more directly unlawful.

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - Jack_Henderson - 01-31-2013

Leader of IMG| here.

The official faction has almost never had problems with unofficial IMG factions. In fact, cooperation sometimes was rather close and created nice rp.

So, of course you can use the IMG ID for your shadier approach. It's in the nature of a Guild to give freedom to the individual.

Just one thing that I want to clarify: The official faction does not take any responsibility for your shady/unlawful actions, just because you fly the ID.

If you, as an extreme example, piss off a whole house, the official faction will not take the responsibility for your actions, nor automatically defend you against their wrath. =)

I clarify that right here, because we had an IMG faction before (today's Rotfront) who changed ID in the end (to Hessian) because the rift between their unlawful rp and the "mainstream" lawful approach of the official faction became too wide. It was a little messy and I would like to avoid a repetition of it.

I hope you have fun and I bet we will meet. I am hoping for nice interaction and interesting roleplay. Good luck! Smile

Jack

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - Alphablood1 - 01-31-2013

wheres this factions located in Liberty, Bretonia, or Kusari or rheinland ?

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - Sanguines - 01-31-2013

(01-31-2013, 01:35 PM)TLI-Inferno Wrote:
(01-31-2013, 12:01 PM)Sanguines Wrote: If your breaking away from IMG, I do suggest getting Miner ID only. Its simple as that and it means May not dock at IMG, DSE, BMM, Daumann, Kruger, GMG and GMS bases. .

Regular Miner ID can basically mine, well... Nothing... It's insanely slow at everything, and nobody would pay a regular Miner when they have to wait so long for service. We allow that ID for people who want total independence, and because it can still mine Helium better than anyone else.

We are not at war with IMG, why would it be OORP for us to use an IMG base? We're a branch of IMG, IMG is, after all, the "Independent Miners Guild", giving their individuals more flexibility than most. We're just a branch that's less legal. But IMG doesn't have to know that, now do they?

Thats the issue, Just because IMG has Independant in name, doesnt mean we are independant miners.

IMG is still a corperation. Independent was the word choicen by many because we are nearly neutral to everyone, and generally act out of housespace.

I say this because I want to warn you about consequences. We do nto want your consequences oorply nor irply.

RE: UMG| Underground Miners Guild - Omicron - 01-31-2013

IMG is independent in terms of relation to the houses & other mining corps. Also, IMG already have several contacts with unlawful group so... why this?