Discovery Gaming Community
BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: BHG gunSHIP Loadout (/showthread.php?tid=9341)

Pages: 1 2 3

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Burroloco - 06-13-2008

What would be the most appropriate "brand" of GB turrets for a BHG Gunship if the character is a bog-standard BHG alligned pilot? I bought this ship [not an Orca] because I liked the idea of flying an "obsolete" ship...."My fathers old sword" kind of a trip......and also because I wanted to try a loadout of , say, 5 warrior turrets and one missile turret.....and I saw such a one a while back and figured the fighter sized turrets looked OK on it because of its relatively smallish size.....this is what I have now , producing a machine that eats NPC fighters for a Living but can't do much else..........also the turret model on the Basic missile turret looks huge and clunky in comparison so I have it slung underneath for now....[the Dragonfly would fit perfectly scalewise but of course is out of the question RPwise.....] so do any Missile turrets share the neat looks of the dragonfly? If I go with a more standard GB setup would it be ok to use Solaris turrets? [ I understand they are "universal"?] I have this image of the BHG as fast shootin' guys for some reason...at least with Reavers etc.....

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Robert.Fitzgerald - 06-13-2008

My Core Orca uses Zoner Turrets. They are smaller than the Liberty turret models, but do look a bit strange...

For missiles, use Kusari if you are teaming with Zoner turrets (looks wise). Of course, your weapons should be grounded out of roleplay, instead of just looks. What is your Gunship's background? Might be able to help more...

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Le'Futile - 06-13-2008

' Wrote:What would be the most appropriate "brand" of GB turrets for a BHG Gunship if the character is a bog-standard BHG alligned pilot? I bought this ship [not an Orca] because I liked the idea of flying an "obsolete" ship...."My fathers old sword" kind of a trip......and also because I wanted to try a loadout of , say, 5 warrior turrets and one missile turret.....and I saw such a one a while back and figured the fighter sized turrets looked OK on it because of its relatively smallish size.....this is what I have now , producing a machine that eats NPC fighters for a Living but can't do much else..........also the turret model on the Basic missile turret looks huge and clunky in comparison so I have it slung underneath for now....[the Dragonfly would fit perfectly scalewise but of course is out of the question RPwise.....] so do any Missile turrets share the neat looks of the dragonfly? If I go with a more standard GB setup would it be ok to use Solaris turrets? [ I understand they are "universal"?] I have this image of the BHG as fast shootin' guys for some reason...at least with Reavers etc.....

Thing to keep in mind, if you use weapons that are of anothers factions enemies in terms of RP you can get some grief from them over it, maybe attacked or even asked to leave thier system. Named weapons are neutral yes. So plan your weapons based on where you think you'll operate the most, another tip is just because the BHG base sells it doesnt mean you can use them, stay away from the pirate weapons and if you plan to be in liberty the Order ones as well.

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Robert.Fitzgerald - 06-13-2008

About the Order turrets, you should not be using those whether you are going to be in Liberty or not. The Order is the main enemy of the Guild Core, and Sirius Regulations advise heavily against Order weapons on Bounty hunter craft.

There is no odd or unusual story planned....I simply wanted to make a character that lived solely off of the proceeds of head-hunting.....the simplest thing seemed to have him get a BHG tag and I.D and I went with the gunship because I wanted a biggish hold to truck around the unfortunate pilots and sell them where the "bounty" would be highest......[hopefully this will also provoke NPC and PC interactions when they show up upon being scanned].....I guess I'm just addicted to making different builds and multiple characters no matter what the game is......On Disco I'm making an effort to keep my growing brood each as much in character RPwise as possible, since this seems more fun....so He [and his ship] are in no way strange for his faction etc ,except maybe it was his dead fathers ship refitted or something.....

Edit
So, what I'm saying is that I want to be as correct as possible with his loadout....which GB turrets exactly should he use as a BHG pilot in a gunship? Liberty ones ,kusari which?......the guild originates in Texas ,if I am correct, so Liberty ones?

[Also the Solaris turrets are the ones viewed as Order? This seems inconsistant with how the better armour upgrades are viewed as universal when they have almost identical order/corsair "manufacturing"refs on their info cards.]

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Tenacity - 06-13-2008

y'know everyone is going to hate you for using that ship.

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Dopamino - 06-13-2008

Any house or neutral gun is fine, as are universal guns like Solari and Cerberuses.

' Wrote:y'know everyone is going to hate you for using that ship.

Why is that? Like I could have afforded an Orca but went with the one with the lesser stats for the sake of having an "old" ship.......So why would they hate me?

BHG gunSHIP Loadout - Tenacity - 06-13-2008

because most people (myself included) think the BH Gunship is overpowered right now. It's too small and too manuverable for a capship, yet it can still throw on gunboat level shields, a capship MkVIII armor upgrade, and six gunboat-class guns without having power issues.

The thing flies like a fighter but has the power of a gunboat, basically.

' Wrote:Any house or neutral gun is fine, as are universal guns like Solari and Cerberuses.

Excellent so....the faster firing Solaris turrets are viewed as universal and not Order. I hope, by the way, that I'm being clear that I'm not looking for the best "KILLA" loadout but rather the most appropriate.....