Discovery Gaming Community
BMM - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: BMM (/showthread.php?tid=9349)

BMM - kacijon - 06-13-2008

Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing

or

Bretonia Mining and Metals

Wichone is right. I am setting faction so I need to know.

BMM - Heartless - 06-13-2008

Bretonia mining and Manufacturing.

The Manufacturing part really makes them sound like an industrial company that crank out ships for the navy and stuff.

BMM - kacijon - 06-13-2008

But ID, ID is
Bretonia Mining and Metals

BMM - SimonBlack - 06-13-2008

Umm it actually is Bretonia Mining and Metals... regardless of what sounds better this one is actually right

BMM - kacijon - 06-14-2008

Why ......Why it has got 2 **** names...

BMM - Robert.Fitzgerald - 06-14-2008

The infocards in-game suggest it is Bretonnia Mining and Manufacturing. Here's some examples:

"Home to the Bretonia Armed Forces in this system, the Essex scans all ships that pass through the Jump Gate for illicit Gold shipments smuggled from the Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing (BMM) operations."

"Graves Station is entirely owned by Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing (BMM) and produces the bulk of all Gold mined in the colony."

"Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing (BMM) operates the bulk of the planetside mining, smelting, and manufacturing facilities, while Bowex handles transportation of finished goods throughout Bretonia."

BMM - Burroloco - 06-14-2008

Their NPCs seem few and far between....I have a lonely IMG guy wandering Bretonian space [trying to get red with BMM] and he very seldom comes across their ships even near their bases....unless I'm being majorly stupid, there just doesn't seem to be as many of 'em about as there should be.

BMM - jammi - 06-15-2008

Just don't wait for the NPCs... In New London, there is Southampton shipyard. It is owned by the BMM, well I think it is anyway. Even if I'm wrong, there is four BMM depots behind it which will insta-hostile you with them and set most of the Bretonian lawwfuls to medium unfreindly.

Alternatly you can hit the tradelane between Southampton and the Leeds JG. You'll get practically nothing exect BMM convoys coming though.

And about the two names. I was lead to believe it was Bretonia Mining and metals. The other name may have been a relic left from development, like Vahala Industries (it was turned into Ageria.) Possibly something Microsoft left in by accident.

BMM - tarr_james@hotmail.com - 06-15-2008

I've been reading into this alot over the last few days trting to get to the bottom of it and the sad thing is the company is called Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing and all info about them as is called Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing but only the new ID's are named Bretonia Mining and Metals

BMM - Burroloco - 06-15-2008

' Wrote:Just don't wait for the NPCs... In New London, there is Southampton shipyard. It is owned by the BMM, well I think it is anyway. Even if I'm wrong, there is four BMM depots behind it which will insta-hostile you with them and set most of the Bretonian lawwfuls to medium unfreindly.

Alternatly you can hit the tradelane between Southampton and the Leeds JG. You'll get practically nothing exect BMM convoys coming though.

Cool, TYVM for that....I'll give that a go instead then...it was becoming a bit of a chore with his rep situation.