Discovery Gaming Community
New System for Wrecks - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: New System for Wrecks (/showthread.php?tid=93970)

Pages: 1 2 3

New System for Wrecks - Vigilia.Procuratio - 02-11-2013

When considering just how long FLHook has been going and the amazing things that have been achieved, why do we not have a novel system for wrecks being re-spawned upon a server restart?

The way in which wreck-campers operate is disgraceful. The best wrecks are looted within minutes of a server restart, even when unscheduled. This is incredibly unfair on those who cannot be active at dawn. This needs to change, I for one am very tired this situation.

What I suggest is to randomly place wrecks beholding a codename weapon (those without aren't really a problem) across specific zones in select systems. This will enhance the "discovery" aspect, forcing players to actually hunt for them instead of knowing in advance precisely where they are when this should not have been possible in-RP. I wonder if the existing mining mod could provide for a basis on how to put this into effect.

RE: New System for Wrecks - Sunset Glow - 02-11-2013

I think this is a fantastic idea Smile I only worry that it might not be possible at all, or if so then with very great difficulties that might be too time consuming. Shy

RE: New System for Wrecks - Remnant - 02-11-2013

Hmm.. That is not a bad idea really.. Yet FLhook does have its limits, if you continue to add more things in that currently is not, it really starts to lag and take much more power to run. Something like that would slow down the game a lot I believe..

The idea in general though is a good idea, instead of people just wreck camping, the random spawning isn't a bad idea.. makes the game a bit more interesting in getting codenames.

RE: New System for Wrecks - Vigilia.Procuratio - 02-11-2013

I doubt that it would cause any problems because it wouldn't be an active modification, rather it need only take effect when the server is rebooted. Granted, it could increase the downtime, but I'd hope that it wouldn't be too bad.

RE: New System for Wrecks - Remilia Scarlet - 02-11-2013

Yes, this idea is actually k.
Stationary wrecks must be gone and be replaced with random generated once with random names that spawns somewhere in the system (at least 20k from any base\planet) and in +\- 10k from the plane. That will be fuan.

No matter I'm care not for code hunting, this will be interesting me thinks.

RE: New System for Wrecks - monmarfori - 02-11-2013

Yes, this will stop code-hunters from logging on if server restarts, and they find out they're not there.

RE: New System for Wrecks - sindroms - 02-11-2013

This has been discussed over many years now. As far as I recollect, such additions and modifications were never viewed as a top priority when we have plenty other things to tweak and balance.

RE: New System for Wrecks - shad0ws - 02-11-2013

I think it would be a very good idea, it would add a real roleplay element to code hunting. Imagine having multiple code hunters looking for a single weapon Wink

RE: New System for Wrecks - Crackpunch - 02-12-2013

I like to think of it as compensation for not being able to see anyone online in my timezone.

This idea would decrease the efficiency of code dealers, therefore making the wait for a rare codename that much longer.

RE: New System for Wrecks - Reid - 02-12-2013

It would also make the prices skyrocket since code dealers already charge you out the buttocks for a simple gun.

I don't think anybody will want to pay 100 million for a single gun. But then again, people think that 40 million for 1 is a good deal