Discovery Gaming Community
"Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages (/showthread.php?tid=94311)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

"Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - sindroms - 02-18-2013

I love how arcade like the server is. It gives chance to enjoy RP without worrying too much about the ''too much immersion'' syndrome. But one of the things I never liked is how the chance of additional RP is missed via blue messages.

What if the player drops a certain commodity when he dies, a Black Box or Remains or something like that.

Basically, when a player kills someone, he can tractor in the item, which could hold the death message as its infocard. Right now other disco servers also add additional info to the blue message, such as detailed info about the number of attackers, involving every ship that has dealt damage to the victim as well as the gun type.

All of this could be generated and added to the infocard as well as the time of destruction and so on.

This could also be an interesting way for Junkers to get some extra money by sneaking around potential fights and then selling off the black boxes to collectors or bountry contractors.

The item should also have an individual ID generated along it in order to prevent the submission of the same item, no matter the date.

Thoughts?
Should this be done? Is it worth the effort?

Probably not.

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Valhalla Sr. - 02-18-2013

Well, could help, but, eh, who am i to tell whats good whats not.

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - SMGSterlin - 02-18-2013

Sounds nice, but also sounds like a CRAP TON of work.

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Omicron - 02-18-2013

Too complicated
Not needed
Will wreck current bounty system

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - SMGSterlin - 02-18-2013

I disagree, I think this could open up some interesting RP, and improve the bounty system.

1. Bounties now require you to bring the "head" of your target back to a designated spot for collection instead of an OORP message, before you receive payment.

2. This opens up new rolls for people, like bounty hunter-hunters, who seek to collect the black boxes from fallen targets, in order to collect the bounties themselves, or to get a reward for collecting the object from the bounty hunter, and taking it to a different place/person against the bounty.

3. Makes Bunters have to be more careful when collecting a bounty. Instead of it being a simple hit-and-run where you are there to kill one single target and then escaping, you have to make sure you get the object from the target before one of his friends in the same fight pick it up.

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Tibbles - 02-18-2013

Lovely idea! +1

On the other hand this needs a lot of work for code it i supse QQ

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Omicron - 02-18-2013

(02-18-2013, 03:48 PM)SMGSterlin Wrote: 1. Bounties now require you to bring the "head" of your target back to a designated spot for collection instead of an OORP message, before you receive payment.

2. This opens up new rolls for people, like bounty hunter-hunters, who seek to collect the black boxes from fallen targets, in order to collect the bounties themselves, or to get a reward for collecting the object from the bounty hunter, and taking it to a different place/person against the bounty.

3. Makes Bunters have to be more careful when collecting a bounty. Instead of it being a simple hit-and-run where you are there to kill one single target and then escaping, you have to make sure you get the object from the target before one of his friends in the same fight pick it up.

7.1 All bounties must be posted on the forum. If you attack another player to claim a bounty and the bounty is not posted on the forum, you are open to a PvP abuse sanction.

What you think will happen if BHG will not submit bounty because he lost blackbox and the one being hunted will report him for abuse?

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Ingenious - 02-18-2013

(02-18-2013, 08:29 PM)Omicron Wrote: What you think will happen if BHG will not submit bounty because he lost blackbox and the one being hunted will report him for abuse?
That rule is referring to the bounty offer, not the claim-- a bounty hunter must be able to point to the bounty offer, but he is not compelled to claim it. I mean, he'd be stupid not to, but still.

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Reid - 02-18-2013

I approve of this idea. It would make bounty hunting a lot more fun.

It'll be a hell of a lot of work to implement though

RE: "Black Box" commodity replacing Blue Messages - Sarawr!? - 02-18-2013

I think it actually sounds like a pretty cool idea.