Discovery Gaming Community
About PvP question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: About PvP question (/showthread.php?tid=94365)

About PvP question - monmarfori - 02-19-2013

So, imagine if there was a Navy Guardian and a Rogue Barghest near West Point and 2 Liberty Cruiser NPCs. So neither of them use engaging message but the two dont engage, they never fired a shot. However the Rogue is killed by NPCs, and the Navy dont say anything and not engaging target. So is the Rogue PvP dead?

RE: About PvP question - SummerMcLovin - 02-19-2013

Let's examine the term "PvP death". Now, this term is made of two words: PvP, where at least two players fight each other in combat (by the rules, one of them drops to 50% shields); and death, where at least one of their ships is destroyed.

In this example, there wasn't any PvP, only death.

RE: About PvP question - Daron - 02-19-2013

Hmm that's odd.
Within two days I see a lot of players talking about engagement notice.

On GC you need to roleplay before a fight but there is no need to state an engagement notice.
On the other side just shouting 'Engaging blah blah' is not sufficient roleplay before a fight.

RE: About PvP question - SummerMcLovin - 02-19-2013

As long as you say a couple of lines you can engage whenever you feel like. You still need to engage for it to count as PvP though.

RE: About PvP question - Anomander - 02-19-2013

IMHO - if Navy do not shoot You or didn't give You engagement notice
- then if You were killed by NPC then it is not a PvP death in rules wide.

But in RP wide - it will be highly weird if You apear in next few minutes later
unharmed and healthy, after all Your ship was destroyed.

RE: About PvP question - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-19-2013

What I would do in that situation if I was the Rogue was PM the Navy guy and say, hey, got an issue if I come back to continue our RP?

The problem is that there was a Player vs Player interaction - they were talking. If the Navy player was just simply sitting there looking at the Rogue and hadn't said anything to him at all - and vice versa - then yeah, no problem coming back. Remember that just because you specifically haven't fired a shot, if you were role-playing and you die, regardless of how it happens, it was as the result of PvP interaction.

RE: About PvP question - monmarfori - 02-19-2013

(02-19-2013, 03:32 PM)Agmen of Eladesor Wrote: What I would do in that situation if I was the Rogue was PM the Navy guy and say, hey, got an issue if I come back to continue our RP?

The problem is that there was a Player vs Player interaction - they were talking. If the Navy player was just simply sitting there looking at the Rogue and hadn't said anything to him at all - and vice versa - then yeah, no problem coming back. Remember that just because you specifically haven't fired a shot, if you were role-playing and you die, regardless of how it happens, it was as the result of PvP interaction.
And, what if they didnt talk at all?

RE: About PvP question - roadrunner - 02-19-2013

As Agmen of Eladesor actually said in the post you qoutet monmarfori

"If the Navy player was just simply sitting there looking at the Rogue and hadn't said anything to him at all - and vice versa - then yeah, no problem coming back."

but if the Rogue had been speaking to the Navy dude then there has been RP and is a RP death.

RE: About PvP question - dodike - 02-22-2013

I think you should be more careful when flying a Rog ship around West Point.

RE: About PvP question - monmarfori - 02-23-2013

Simple, if your in a cruiser with another RM player whos AFK and theres a hostile BS (like BS Karlsruhe in Stuttgart), try to be careful or your ended up dead. Plus this confirms that your not pvp dead (you were killed by BS station). And thanks its not a PvP death!