Discovery Gaming Community
Evil suggestions with a Shire - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Evil suggestions with a Shire (/showthread.php?tid=94566)

Pages: 1 2

Evil suggestions with a Shire - nOmnomnOm - 02-23-2013

Hello Everyone,

As you may or may not know, I play 99% of the time as a Pirate/bady.
In doing so I have sold all my lawful ships except two. One of which is a Shire.
Now I love the Shire. Why? The guns. Lots and lots of guns.

I want to do something bad in it but I have no idea what to do. I have left transporting a while back too since smuggling sucks and all that at the moment.

So I am here to ask: What can I do that is evil on a Shire? Surely something! Probably something to do with LR or Corsair would be nice, since I am in those two factions.

So yea what can I do? HELP!

Future thanks for your help Heart Aww

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - jammi - 02-23-2013

Nothing with either of those groups, seeing as the technerf would destroy your powerplant if you equipped the ID. Shire also has no disruptor, making it a liability on its own. You could try a Molly or Gaian pirate if you've got a friend who can lug a disruptor along.

Gaians would be closest to the Corsairs, Mollys to Rogues.

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-23-2013

Well, while it would be a stretch to go pirating with a Shire - it's certainly fun and interesting to end up HUNTING pirates with one (or two or three). Cap 8 Shire can take out the NPC Corsair battleships out in Delta - I've certainly done that many times by myself, and I've seen the Bowex Shire Brigade take out PLAYER battleships before, which is just scary.

Unfortunately, from an evil / unlawful perspective, it's pretty tough to do much. However, you could go into Gallia and blaze a trail, perhaps work with someone to provide convoy protection. Just a thought.

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - Ayem - 02-23-2013

I was part of a privateer group that used shires and percherons for piracy in Kusari. I guess we were a little evil. Like burglars turning up to your house with a removal van. We had to go in teams though, since the shire has no CD.

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - nOmnomnOm - 02-23-2013

What if I were too... get a freelancer ID on the Shire, sign up on a unlawful bounty board, then team up with some unlawful to collect cargo and kill and what not?
Would that be valid?

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - Narcotic - 02-23-2013

Hm, reminds me of my Junker Shire with 12x Belials (Sammaels). Doing piracy and smuggling runs. That thing was a beast.

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - Agmen of Eladesor - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 01:03 AM)nOmnomnOm Wrote: What if I were too... get a freelancer ID on the Shire, sign up on a unlawful bounty board, then team up with some unlawful to collect cargo and kill and what not?
Would that be valid?

(02-23-2013, 01:06 AM)Narcotic Wrote: Hm, reminds me of my Junker Shire with 12x Belials (Sammaels). Doing piracy and smuggling runs. That thing was a beast.

Both are ID / rule / server violations (since we're hearing so much screaming from someone about people not paying attention to the rules). Freelancers and Junkers are both limited to 3,600 cargo (Junkers can have the slave liner or the P-Tran) - the Shire is a 4,200 cargo ship.

It'd have to be an SRP ship.

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - Zynth - 02-23-2013

Make it as obvious as possible that you are a smuggler and attract trouble.
Shoot the trouble to collect bounties.
???
Profit?

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - Narcotic - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 07:12 AM)Agmen of Eladesor Wrote:
(02-23-2013, 01:06 AM)Narcotic Wrote: Hm, reminds me of my Junker Shire with 12x Belials (Sammaels). Doing piracy and smuggling runs. That thing was a beast.

Both are ID / rule / server violations (since we're hearing so much screaming from someone about people not paying attention to the rules). Freelancers and Junkers are both limited to 3,600 cargo (Junkers can have the slave liner or the P-Tran) - the Shire is a 4,200 cargo ship.

It'd have to be an SRP ship.

Of course I've sold it after .86 with the ID changes and new tech nerv came out. But before that, it was approved by the LR and allowed by the server rules.

However, now there's not much possibilites without making a SRP request.

RE: Evil suggestions with a Shire - nOmnomnOm - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 08:32 AM)Zynth Wrote: Sign up on some unlawful bounty board.
Make it as obvious as possible that you are a smuggler and attract trouble.
Shoot the trouble to collect bounties.
???
Profit?

Well that would make sense... and then there is the problem with capitol ships after me D:

But yes... that idea might work. Just what ID would be good then for it?