Discovery Gaming Community
junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro (/showthread.php?tid=94597)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Ursus - 02-23-2013

It would be good for the server if the Junkers and the IMG/GMG were aggro to each other. They each have global reach and presence but none of them have a global enemy (only a couple of localized enemy factions). Junkers pirate IMG and GMG in the outlands so we should let the IMG and GMG go to where the junkers work and get their revenge.

I have had this opinion for a long time, but it wasnt until this latest move that I felt it was needed. If Junkers are going to shoot ore traders openly, there needs to open path to consequences. Their current list of enemies do not have sufficient reach for this purpose.

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Omicron - 02-23-2013

Considering Junkers generally lack things to do besides trading (ussualy with IMG/GMG enemies), this could spice things a bit.

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Pavel - 02-23-2013

This is excellent idea Ursus, some factions literally lack enemies, it makes sense in and ooRPly, can bring interesting RP opportunities...I support it.

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Ivan - 02-23-2013

Main Junkers enemies are the Hogosha, but Junkers nowadays don't try to conquer Kusari market anymore. Nor deal with GCs/BDs to any extent.

IMG doesn't have general enemy, that's more like true...
GMG has some enemies, though: Hogosha, Samura, FA, Sairs, OCs...

And I don't like this idea at all...

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - meoshi - 02-23-2013

Maybe the IMG, but the Junkers hostile to the GMG? no that makes no sense, the GMG work with them to clear out the junk field in s-13, that might change at some point but not anytime soon. and the GMG does have a global enemy its called the samura (and zelot).

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Tachyon - 02-23-2013

I don't think Junkers can be took as a single body of reputation and action.

Individual Junkers, who pirate IMG usually will be recognized as pirates, other Junkers, who are of a more cooperative nature will be treated as business partners.

I think making the factions hostile to each other by default would not be a great move, yet the points of Junkers not having a proper enemy stands.

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Asbestos - 02-23-2013

Don't forget that Junkers do smuggle both Artifacts and Cardamine illegally through GMG space, and doing so at their own risk. It's not uncommon that a few Junkers will try to break free with force when cornered with contraband in their holds.

But if the Junkers start misbehaving and harassing GMG ships, you can wave Yanagi a good bye.

The GMG recognize the Junkers' practicality, but do not depend on them. Dirty garbage rats still have their uses, even so.

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - SummerMcLovin - 02-23-2013

If you check out the Communication Channel from a month or two ago, the Congress and IMG almost went to war due to a bit of a misunderstanding/ploy by Silver. Golly caught a Junker Barge full of slaves at Malta, told the IMG who brought it to the Congress. Silver was also there and told the Corsairs, who also brought it to the Congress. The Junkers thought that we were the ones who ruined things with the Corsairs, but I think the whole thing blew over.
Maybe if they are a bit less careful with their barges in future it could happen, it would be interesting to say the least.

(02-23-2013, 04:45 PM)Miloslav Wrote: IMG doesn't have general enemy, that's more like true...
You must not have been in the Taus recently, the place is regularly alight with the IMG-Outcast war.

If you really think IMG are "having it too easy", make some more Unioner, Farmers' Alliance, GC, Outcast, Corsair, Gaian, Brigand, Maquis or Pirate IDed ships and do something about it. Our convoys will be ready [Image: emoticon-00103-cool.gif]

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Lythrilux - 02-23-2013

A war in Humboldt would be ace.
It'd be a cool story Bro.

RE: junkers and IMG / GMG should be aggro - Omicron - 02-23-2013

(02-23-2013, 05:05 PM)SummerMcLovin Wrote: the Congress and IMG almost went to war due to a bit of a misunderstanding/ploy by Silver.

Such a ploy that the actual mastermind behind the plan is not even blamed for anything.