Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 (/showthread.php?tid=9492)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Korrd - 06-17-2008

The F1 timer has been set at 60 seconds, again. It was disabled because of a bug on the flhook, that caused the server to crash. But, the new hook version had that bug corrected, so, here comes the timer again;)

That means that if you hit F1, close the program, cut the internet wire, even if god intervenes to get you out of a fight or whatever, the ship will still remain floating in the server for one minute more. For traders, that means that a pirate has plenty of time to kill you like three times before your ship vanishes in space, even if you have all the Uber armour upgrades with super duper shields, and the like. So, be advised.

I expect this measure to stop the usage of F1, as is now no longer useful to avoid you of being blown to bits during a fight / pirating / etc.

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Fletcher - 06-17-2008

Nice one, going to love this.

What would happen if say and internet connection drops (innocently) during play? Does the ship float there and become NPC bait?

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Zelot - 06-17-2008

Thank Goodness

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Eppy - 06-17-2008

Can we have it set down to fifty seconds instead? Sixty has this unpleasant habit of causing that bug where you see the menu screen for FL but without any options and you can still chat on the server in the system where you last F1ed...

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Marburg - 06-17-2008

' Wrote:Can we have it set down to fifty seconds instead? Sixty has this unpleasant habit of causing that bug where you see the menu screen for FL but without any options and you can still chat on the server in the system where you last F1ed...
Would that bug be an issue if you chose the 'select new server' option instead?
That's how I used to stop it from happening on my machine Epy:)

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Dopamino - 06-17-2008

Er, this was a good solution back in 4.83 to get rid of F1ers, but with the high-powered NPCs of 4.84 60 seconds is too long. A random NPC Titan patrol squadron generating can take out a solitary PC Sabre in no time. 10 seconds is plenty of time to take a screenshot, fire a few torpedoes, whatever you need to do.

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Eppy - 06-17-2008

I still get it when I select new server -.- it's a real pain in the bum when I'm parking the Battleships in space or some such.

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - DBoy1612 - 06-17-2008

Ya, that bug still happens. Timer needs to be set to 59 seconds, not 60. The error, if I remember correctly is in Freelancer itself, not FLHook. But setting it to 59 seconds fixes it. ^_^

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - kindred - 06-17-2008

Oh bother, back to traveling half way across a system to dock if one shoots a cruise disruptor.
I can live with it though if it reduces the number of F1'ers.

Admin Notice: F1 Timer set back to 60 - Equinox - 06-17-2008

Good, the other day I had 4 traders F1 out on me when I tried to Pirate them in the space of 2 hours. :/