Discovery Gaming Community
I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - Resolved - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - Resolved (/showthread.php?tid=95334)

I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - Resolved - Commissar - 03-10-2013

Howdy,

I was flying about on a Prison Liner last night (EDIT: week) and, in the name of decent RP, lowered the shields. I then proceeded to dock, and rename the ship, which all went just fine.

The catch being, that the shields have decided they would rather stay off. Using the /shields command gets me nowhere, besides toggling between the usual shields online/offline message, and I've tried dismounting and remounting the thing.

Anyone else had this problem?

EDIT: Just passed a Lux Liner that seems to have the same problem.

EDIT: Seen it on multiple ships now. Looks to be a server-wide thing.

EDIT: On additional testing, it's not server-wide. Just every single ship I selected on that character is displayed without a shield. Other ships on the same account aren't having any problems.

Further details:
Ship: MV-Contents.May.Differ
Type: Prison Liner

Screenshots
1. In space.
2. Mounted equipment.

Fix found, kudos to sajjukar.

(03-18-2013, 05:18 AM)sajjukar Wrote: Has allmsot the same problem 2 years ago...mine was like this:
-missing shield indicator (no matter what i did) for just 1 ship (character)
-after several hours i got 1% hull no matter what i did it didnt went up
-after some more hours a part of my ship was missing and could not move (the aft section...the tail)
-after several minutes/seconds the whole ship decided to go ninja....AI Cruiser goiing ninja
-reinstalled the whole game and that seemed to fix it all

EDIT: Do not install any other mod

RE: I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - Zen_Mechanics - 03-10-2013

Try crashing into the sun or.. a planet, I think that when u respawn it can fix itself.

RE: I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - Commissar - 03-11-2013

Just tried planetdiving. No luck, I'm afraid. It seems suicide is not the answer. I'm certain there's a message there somewhere. In other news, I'm not picking up shields on any other ships now (player or NPC), and other server-side scripts seem to have stopped working as well, namely /autobuy. The console bounces back the 'OK' message, but it's not replenishing supplies. Buying a new shield hasn't had any effect either.

Strangely, on other ships on the same account everything is working just fine.

So. I'm lost.

The confused ship is MV-Contents.May.Differ, if anyone with magical tech powers is in the mood to help out.

Also, since it seems this is more a specific issue then a proper bug, could a mod kindly nudge this into the 'Help' section?

RE: I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - Duvelske - 03-11-2013

Edit: nvm

RE: I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - Commissar - 03-18-2013

Any ideas on this? The server restarts don't seem to have changed anything, and I'm still left with a ship that's only marginally more useful then a damp herring.

RE: I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - sajjukar - 03-18-2013

Has allmsot the same problem 2 years ago...mine was like this:
-missing shield indicator (no matter what i did) for just 1 ship (character)
-after several hours i got 1% hull no matter what i did it didnt went up
-after some more hours a part of my ship was missing and could not move (the aft section...the tail)
-after several minutes/seconds the whole ship decided to go ninja....AI Cruiser goiing ninja
-reinstalled the whole game and that seemed to fix it all

EDIT: Do not install any other mod

RE: I think I broke it. [Shields nonfunctional.] - Resolved - Commissar - 03-18-2013

That's fixed it. Thanks for the help sajjukar, it's much appreciated. That'll teach me to try and play Freeworlds.

Have a cookie.

[Image: image.php?u=3615&dateline=1238124604]