Discovery Gaming Community
To: Sarah McFarlen - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: Sarah McFarlen (/showthread.php?tid=95383)

To: Sarah McFarlen - Narcotic - 03-11-2013

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Penetrating Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠
[Image: Zd5YG1A.png]

SHIP ID: LR-Serious.Pacifist
SUBJECT: Future plans

Ahoy Sarah,

I'm glad that everyhin' went as planned - and I must admit, that I'm still a bit hungovered from t' Beaumont's liquors. But it was worth it. Anyways, t' reason why I'm contactin' ya, is that I'm curious about yer future plans. Same goes fo' t' McCreary; does it have a new paint yet? Will we happen to cross paths with ye new prison liner? Under what flag will ya fly? So many questions. Many of us are interested in what yer are goin' to do with that beast. Hopefully somethin' dirty. However, I'm lookin' forward to ye reply.

With crapulous regards,

[Image: YAeEJzo.png]

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Breaking Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠

RE: To: Sarah McFarlen - Commissar - 03-11-2013

[Image: ContentsMayDiffer_zps49f84b8f.png]

Ahoy Clyde! Erk. Haven't tried that before.

Just can't pull off that 'ahoy.' It's awful. It really is. Please remind me not to ever try that again. Even when drunk. Especially when drunk.

Thanks again for your help with McCreary. Sorry I vanished so early this morning. I would've liked to hang around on Beaumont and meet you guys properly, but I didn't want to keep McCreary around the Junkers any longer then I had to. You know what they can be like sometimes. Turn your back for more then four seconds and they'll turn a Liner into a lecture hall. It's pretty impressive actually. Wish I could do that.

McCreary's flying under new colours now, of course. I haven't completely forgotten the old days. She's jetting about as the Merchant Vessel Contents May Differ now. Don't tell anyone, alright? Hopefully I can keep that quiet for now. The last thing I need is the LPI turning up and asking for their ship back.

I'll probably take her off and lay low for a while until the noise on the McCreary raid dies down a bit. There's a few changes I'll need to make to the ship to get it space-worthy, particularly without a full (read: any) crew. Give me a few weeks, and those old cells'll be full of tech. I've already started looking through plans, Ageria's N18's a fantastic navigation system, but their systems just aren't as durable as DSE's... I could use both, but then I'd have to install something else to regulate primary power output and- ... Sorry. Got a little sidetracked there. The point is, that I'll figure something out. Just as long as I can find a way to get hold of the gear I need. There might be a job for your guys there somewhere.

Once it's all up and running though... I was around the Edge Worlds with the Zoners last year. There's places out there that you can't imagine. Beautiful. Dangerous. I saw planetary collisions. Planets. Colliding. It was almost unbelievable. An entire world spiraling in a sun. Reduced to dust. Uninhabited, mind. I wouldn't be calling it beautiful they'd been people on it. Even I'm not that unhinged. But that's not even the best of it. There's rumors of places out there where there are... Remnants, of whatever was here, in Sirius, before us.

I don't quite know how to describe it. All the stories are too vague to explain anything, really, but I feel like I have to look. It's too good an opportunity to miss. Ancient planets, strewn with even older technology? How could I turn that down? The rumours seem to hint that there's a jump point somewhere in Rheinland.

Once Content's running again, that's where I plan to take her. A freighter couldn't possibly hold all the supplies or equipment I'm going to need, and somehow I don't think I could convince the Zoners to lend me a warship. Besides, you know me. I'm no Admiral. I can't lead people. I think I'd have more trouble with the crew then I would with a ship of that size.

That's a long way away at the moment though. I don't think Contents will be anywhere near ready for a month or so. The LPI really cut the corners on this one. A jumphole would cause more problems then I'm comfortable with. Just getting the materials I need'll be enough to keep me busy.

Who knows. There might even be a need for a little piracy.

Sarah McFarlen

[Image: MessageEnds_zps2c7e9add.png]

RE: To: Sarah McFarlen - Narcotic - 03-17-2013

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Penetrating Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠
[Image: Zd5YG1A.png]

SHIP ID: LR-Serious.Pacifist
SUBJECT: RE: Future plans

Now that's impressive. Appears like ye have seen quite a lot in the last year. Edge Worlds, alien remnants? Wow, that sounds like from one of those science fiction movies I used to watch so often on Planet Houston in my childhood. I'd die for meeting one of those 'remnants'. I mean I never really get far away from Liberty these days. And our ships aren't build to survive the rough environment in the Omicrons anyways. But hell, one day I shall grab a Borderworld ship and find that 'entrance' in Rheinland. Maybe the Unioners or Red Hessians can help me with that. Or I could hire ye as guide? However, for the moment I'm too busy fo' that. Blame Moka and his lazy butt.

Well, ye can contact us anytime. Give us a shout if ye be needin' any materials fo' yer rusty liner. I hope we see each other again, soon.

With shady regards,

[Image: YAeEJzo.png]

♠ ♣ ♥ ♦ Breaking Transmission ♦ ♥ ♣ ♠