Discovery Gaming Community
Player pilot cargo pod - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Player pilot cargo pod (/showthread.php?tid=95403)

Pages: 1 2

Player pilot cargo pod - Scumbag - 03-11-2013

I am going to continue my series of suggestion threads that get ignored, like many have did before me, probably until i am going to get bored and leave like they did too.

This one is about the implementation of player pilot cargo pods, like the ones from the NPCs. Based on the ID of the player, drops on death, can be sold at stations. If a faction has a blanket bounty on pirates for example, at their station the pirate player pilot cargo pod will sell for a considerable sum (same as the bounty maybe). Can also be jetisoned from cargo if authorities ask, or other players and returned to original faction for a considerable sum also.

Can be a reason to RP, can improve the bounty system and quality of the game.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - jammi - 03-12-2013

That'd be interesting - easy enough to implement as well, seeing as we already have on-death spawns for items such as scrap metal. The only issue with dropping anything that's actually valuable is people farming player deaths with a friend.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - Scumbag - 03-12-2013

And theres the issue of Connecticut where people kill each other freely. I don't know how to solve these problems, maybe logs of some sort.

LE: Maybe the pod should spawn two hours after death, enforcing the rule and who gets caught without it should be punished, same as with the ID.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - Felix_Wannamaker_III - 03-12-2013

If player pods could be seperate, and have the player name attached, this would be awesome

You can only spawn with a pod once every two hours, but you could get back in game if you got traded your pod. (recovered in space)

Pod sells for a credit, stopping farmers. Would add an interesting thing to the bounty system, as proof of kill is capturing the pod.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - SMGSterlin - 03-12-2013

Sort of like this?

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - Scumbag - 03-12-2013

(03-12-2013, 10:22 PM)SMGSterlin Wrote: Sort of like this?

Sort of like what i actually posted, i know that thread, but people got waaaay to much optimism, look at what jammi said, this may be doable.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - Anaximander - 03-12-2013

I think it's a good idea, thought about it before and came to the conclusion that it sadly won't work if the pod is worth $. As Jammi said, people will farm each other and themselves, and it would lead to a dramatic increase in random PVP for the sake of collecting people's pods and selling them off for profits.

Worthless pod dropping on death would be cool though.

Off-topic: I'd really like a killboard with detailed statistics.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - JayDee Kasane - 03-13-2013

Main problem with this idea - roleplay. You cant play your character if he got captured and sold/killed, do you?
For example, my Ronaldo flies in Omega 3 on GB and pirating. Then he gots caught by BAF GB and Bomer. This is 100% death to lone Imperator. His ship destroyed and hes pod was delivered to prison or just executed on place. In first time Ill have to do long RP that Ronaldo escaped prison to play further with him. In secound time - he dead and nothing can be done anymore.
So, there is biggest problem with pods.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - Scumbag - 03-13-2013

(03-13-2013, 07:44 AM)JayDee Wrote: Main problem with this idea - roleplay. You cant play your character if he got captured and sold/killed, do you?
For example, my Ronaldo flies in Omega 3 on GB and pirating. Then he gots caught by BAF GB and Bomer. This is 100% death to lone Imperator. His ship destroyed and hes pod was delivered to prison or just executed on place. In first time Ill have to do long RP that Ronaldo escaped prison to play further with him. In secound time - he dead and nothing can be done anymore.
So, there is biggest problem with pods.
And how do you roleplay your deaths now? There is not even a cargo pod left after the destruction of your ship, only a blue message, meaning your dead, at least with a cargo pod you can say you survived and were rescued by a companion, and that can actually happen.

LE: Hell you can even have agreements between factions to return cargo pods. But i don't know why i even bother.

RE: Player pilot cargo pod - JayDee Kasane - 03-13-2013

(03-13-2013, 08:31 AM)Scumbag Wrote: And how do you roleplay your deaths now? There is not even a cargo pod left after the destruction of your ship, only a blue message, meaning your dead, at least with a cargo pod you can say you survived and were rescued by a companion, and that can actually happen.

LE: Hell you can even have agreements between factions to return cargo pods. But i don't know why i even bother.

hm? Are you trying to joke on me?
Why would I want to RP that my char is dead? If it dies I wont be able to play with it anymore.
Yea, you can have RP with other factions to hand over pilots. but not all of them will support that. Benitez sometimes sells IMG pilots back to IMG and its great RP they did. but what if your enemy will not trade with you? Like Hessians captured my Corsair and just killed him. that will damage my char RP, cuz he will be dead. right now your char cannot be killed at all. with escape pods someone may desroy your ship, take aim on a pod and kill it, while recording on video, so it will be completely proved death of a char.