Discovery Gaming Community
Freelancer With Out Bases - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freelancer With Out Bases (/showthread.php?tid=955)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Freelancer With Out Bases - Xerxas Jade - 05-01-2006

Ok as few of you know I am making a conversion mod.
To start with I am making a couple ships but the biggest change at first will be the map.

I am replacing the freelancer map with a Star wars Map.
This is a big job in its self I am starting with around 20 systems I recon and latter editions will contain more.

However I have come across a problem well several but I thought this one warranted discussion.

I am trying to make the map as accurate to the star wars universe as possible even going as far as to use correct number's of planets correct types of planets and planet names for each system. (I want this mod to be as accurate as I can make it)
However it leaves me with one problem a lot of systems in star wars don't have anystaions at all.

Most of the systems have at least 4 - 5 planets however but still
4-5 places to dock isnt a lot per system.
I would love to know what you guys think.

I have a few ideas and I want to know what you guys think are the better ones and if you's might have any I havent thought of.
Please remember I am trying to keep this mod as close to the real unerviers as possible.

Please no stupid answers.

Freelancer With Out Bases - Nightfall - 05-01-2006

Well, if you want to be accurate... try the planets idea, you have my support! :)

Freelancer With Out Bases - Met2085 - 05-01-2006

well, Im making a comparison here, but try and add station/ships, thats what Freeworlds does (however not that accurate in terms to the SW map)

Freelancer With Out Bases - Dab - 05-01-2006

Well I would say lots of planets, but 20% bases and 1 battleship every two systems controlled by the empire and rebels.

Oh and also, when I get done with these systems for discovery I might help you out on those. I'm a Star Wars fanatic and might use that mod from time to time, and I know alot of systems from the 40 some books I've read. Along with a dictionary that includes important systems.

The hardest things you will have to do is the shipyards. Like the Kuat, Mon Calimari, Sullest, and Bilbringi shipyards are all major important shipyards.

Freelancer With Out Bases - Met2085 - 05-01-2006

Yes cant forget those :D

Freelancer With Out Bases - Virus - 05-01-2006

Well.... There are uncountable numbers of small pirate bases in Star Wars that we never know of.... So those could be added in 'roid fields...

My question is: Are you going to put in a Mandalorian System? (There really isn't a known one at the time of GCW.) If not, I would suggest a Death Watch station. Death Watch is one side of the Mandalorians during their civil war...

Oh, and you will probably want a MandoMotors production facility, but I'm not sure what system that's in...

Freelancer With Out Bases - kiggles - 05-01-2006

Well i have watched the movies more times than can be good for my health (34 times each EP 4,5,6,1,2 and 7 times EP 3 and yes i know i have no life) and you mostly see planets but there are definatly some non planet bases like polis massa (not a clue if it is spelt like that) which is an asteroid.

Dab there is a star wars dictionary? If so where can i get one?

Oh yea it sounds cool to Xerxas Jade

Freelancer With Out Bases - Dab - 05-01-2006

The dictionary can be found at a borders book store... At least where I live.

Also make sure there is a system with a planet named Bastion that has a small moon as that is the home planet and base of the Empire after its kicked out of Coruscant.

Virus, the Mandolorians still live as Jango Fett got his armor from him and said to Bobo Fett they may even make his for him. Which means they survived the war against the Old Republic.

Any questions about bases and planets in certain systems can be PMd to be since I know alot from all the books, not to mention the dictionary, I read.

Freelancer With Out Bases - Met2085 - 05-02-2006

the is also a onlone wiki for star wars ;) called wookiepidia

Freelancer With Out Bases - Virus - 05-02-2006

Dab,May 1 2006, 04:31 PM Wrote:Virus, the Mandolorians still live as Jango Fett got his armor from him and said to Bobo Fett they may even make his for him. Which means they survived the war against the Old Republic.
[snapback]19202[/snapback]

WRONG!

Jango Fett's armor was given to him by the Mandalorian Jaster Mereel, who was killed by he Death Watch. Boba inherited his from his fathers body after Mace Windu took the head of Jango Fett. Later on.... After the GCW, I think... A clone named Alpha-02, who in an accident was given Jango Fett's memories, and rebuilt the Mandalorian empire AGAIN. He became known as Mandalore the Ressurector. Boba Fett then became Mandalore after the GCW ended. He led the final conquest of the Mandalorian people.... I'm not too sure what happened in that.... I don't think anyone does...

(Mandalorians have disappeared twice, to date, I think.)

I know my Mandalorians. [Image: BobaFett.gif]

Oh, while I'm thinking about it.... Do you know the Bounty Hunter's creed? Its unwritten, yes.... But the gist of it...?