Discovery Gaming Community
To: BMM, IMG - division of mineral fields - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: To: BMM, IMG - division of mineral fields (/showthread.php?tid=95798)

To: BMM, IMG - division of mineral fields - The Kingdom of Bretonia - 03-21-2013

To: BMM directors, IMG Bretonia administrators.
Priority: High.
Topic: Division of material resources.

The directors of the BMM and the regional Bretonian administrators of the IMG have been welcomed to this channel in order to reach an official settlement on the division of mineral fields within the realm of Bretonia. The intention of these regulations is to minimise friction and conflict between local corporate concerns, respect the commercial rights and claims of involved parties and ensure the unimpaired flow of mineral goods to the public and private markets.

Following a successful conclusion to negotiations, these changes will be submitted as an amendment to the Bretonian legal charter and enforced by all Crown agencies. This alteration will be well published and advertised to ensure subcontractors are not caught unaware by the changes. Following an educational grace period of approximately 2 New London standard weeks, it will become a criminal act to trespass within a claimed mineral field.

The Bretonian government is willing to enshrine in legislation the following claims:

Cambridge:
  • BMM is entitled to exclusive mining rights to the B-5 Beryllium field (solar west).
  • The IMG is entitled to exclusive rights to the E-3 Beryllium field (solar north-east).

Dublin:
  • BMM is entitled to exclusive mining rights to the G/H-6 Gold field (solar south-east).
  • The IMG is entitled to exclusive mining rights to the F/G-2/3 Gold field (solar north-east).
  • All parties are to have access to the commercially neutral G/H-4 Gold field (solar east).

Leeds:
  • BMM is entitled to exclusive mining rights to the Niobium of the Stokes Asteroid Field.

Omega-3
  • All parties are to have access to the commercially neutral Cobalt deposits of the Cross-Vandermeer Comet, as outlined in the Omega Treaty.

Upon the initiation of enforcement, contravening miners and transports will be evicted from the respective field and fined a credit sum proportional to the scale of the violation. The exact figure of this fine is entrusted to the handling officer’s discretion. In the case of an officer being unable to attend to a violation, infringements may be reported to the BPA and enforced retroactively. Repeatedly violating a commercial claim / exclusivity order is considered contempt for Bretonian law, and will result in an arrest warrant being issued for the offending vessel’s captain, and docking permissions for Bretonian stations being withdrawn.

It is important to note that commercial claims do not bestow sovereign ownership of territory, which is the sole right of the Bretonian Crown. All territory either sold, leased or claimed is considered to be temporarily devolved from this font of authority. A successful commercial claim merely signifies that the Bretonian courts recognise the legitimacy of exclusive use by a party or organisation.

We hope both parties will find the above agreeable.
Secretary of State for Trade and Industry - Lord Sir Edmond Grey

RE: To: BMM, IMG - division of mineral fields - AeternusDoleo - 03-21-2013

**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Sir Edmond Grey
Subject: Division of resources
Encryption: Civilian (// Read access to house intelligence agencies)

Sir Grey,

This appears a formalization of the current situation. I see no large issues, although the Beryllium division grants our competitor a much larger field. Still, in these times of war I can understand the need for the state to lay claim to some resources.

While not explicitly mentioned, I will assume the rights to the Birmingham and Douglas Hydrocarbon fields will remain with the BMM? I also see no explicit mention of the Tau-based resources. Granted, it would be extremely hazardous for Bretonia to attempt to exploit them commercially at this point, but does omitting them mean Bretonia has relinquished it's claim on the Tau-23 Beryllium deposits?

I would request that Bretonia give the Independent Miners Guild the space of one week after any agreement becomes effective, so that we can properly inform our members and avoid unneccesary incidents.

Regards,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****

RE: To: BMM, IMG - division of mineral fields - jammi - 03-21-2013

[Image: 200px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_K...29.svg.png]
Only the above fields are classified for this legal division due to their current status' as areas of contention. The Birmingham, Cardiff, Coombe, Graves, LD-14 and Roth asteroid fields have earlier commercial claims placed upon them which would pre-date this amendment. Given the lack of frequent friction between BMM, IMG and misc other assets within those fields, it was not felt necessary to re-state them here.

Bretonia has not relinquished any of its sovereign claims at this point in time. The Tau and bordering systems remain and will continue to remain a Bretonian territory, albeit under enemy occupation. The Gallic menace will be ousted and the systems recovered in due time. At that juncture, they will be developed in line with the interests of Bretonian people - which of course, will also benefit the local denizens.

As outlined in our initial contact, the Bretonian government is willing to extend a 2 week educational grace period upon the initiation of this scheme. This should allow both the IMG and BMM ample time to educate their subcontractors. During this period, miners in contravention will be evicted from the offending fields, but not fined for the violation. BPA officials would of course be entitled to issue financial sanctions against individuals that refused to comply at that point.

I hope that provides ample clarification.

RE: To: BMM, IMG - division of mineral fields - AeternusDoleo - 03-22-2013

**** Incoming Transmission ****
To: Sir Edmond Grey
Subject: Division of resources
Encryption: Civilian (// Read access to house intelligence agencies)

Sir Grey,

Thank you for the clarification. I will inform our mining crews of the changes in policy once this edict takes effect. I do not foresee major problems from our end.

Regards,
- Johnathan Sanders, on behalf of the Independent Miners Guild

**** Transmission Closed ****

RE: To: BMM, IMG - division of mineral fields - Champ - 03-24-2013

>>INCOMING TRANSMISSION<<
[Image: Transmission%20BMM.png]
- Encryption: Low -
~Message Begin~

Bretonia Mining and Manufacturing welcomes these new agreements. We are fully willing to cooperate with the proposed regulations and sincerely encourage the same in the IMG.

The board hopes that this will result in a reduction of any corporate conflict and ownership arguments in future. We do however hope that the crown considers the nature of the profiteering of a chiefly non-Bretonian entity during a time of war and the possible economic havoc such a concept may wreak.

Ian Ross
~Message End~
>>TRANSMISSION CEASED<<

RE: To: BMM, IMG - division of mineral fields - jammi - 03-28-2013

[Image: 200px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_K...29.svg.png]
Given the agreement of both parties, and the ample provision of time in which revisions could be submitted, I have provided my official seal to sign off on the changes. The necessary alterations have already been made to the Bretonian charter of law, with associated announcements being made shortly.

The 2 week educational grace period will begin from today, and the depeartment of T&I fully expects both organisations to do their part to inform subcontractors of the update. Fines for tresspassing will not be levied for this 2 week period, although the miners in question will still be subject to eviction. Further action may be taken should they then refuse a lawful order.