Discovery Gaming Community
OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Communication Channel (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+--- Thread: OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. (/showthread.php?tid=9603)

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - Exsiled_one - 06-21-2008

[Image: opg.png]

Around 1.30PM Corsair time an decree was issued by OPG leaders and their Warlord OverPirate Gentle concerning a dire issue indeed. The decree was broadcast on all frequencies. From that moment the entire Omegas seem to be under a strict war state.

Quote:Today is a dire day indeed Hermanos, as we, the people of Cadiz, the people of Omegas, the people that keep the frontiers safe and our homeland secure - the very people who were born and raised to be the best Corsairs out there have had enough! We take our stance today and open the hunt on the traitors of the state. The Benitez family. Too long have you hidden under the rocks and shadows of your fancy haciendas and your "political motives" and masking our eyes with empty promises and shattered hopes. Too long have we endured the pain and illness that war produces. The famine, the droughts and the murders of our own people. Too long have you, the "boys in clothes of real men" played the war instead of leading it along with the Brotherhood. Too long has Crete suffered from your flaws and illogical moves.
Do not think that we know better Benitez, do not think we can play your game and take your place. We cannot. No true Corsair can take a traitors place. No true corsair can live in safety of Crete for entire year and not send supplies to Cadiz and Leon but leave them to fend off for themselves. No true Corsair can take a stance against his brothers, and ignore the legal texts that are placed for better of entire nation. No, my friends. True Corsairs cannot do that. True Corsairs can only endure and fight and die for their homeland like they did so far.
But we say no more. It is time to pay for your mistakes, it is time to see how does a border Corsair feel, it is time to see how the battle really looks like, for the first time in your life, without the political courtains you're all so used to. It is time you leave, for good. We will not let a Great Nation crumble like house of cards because of your incompetence. It is time you step down, and leave for good.

The Cadiz and Leon have closed their doors for newcomers to protect their families and OTC has made an extra effort to supply the two stations in the dire state. Response from TBH is expected any moment now as thousands of border Corsairs are eagerly expecting an quick resolving of this crisis.

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - Gentle - 06-21-2008

Like a vulture upon a carcass.
Like a lion with a meal to share
Falling like the hand of death
The hammer of the corsairs are we.

Stand ye faithfull and drink thine rum and whisky mine friends. Carlos and his lads have mouthed their last words that will divide our people. Bring forth the dogs of war and bite. BITE I say and draw the blood of those scum that pretend the lives of us who remain the protectors and the advisors of the true corsairs.

Carlos you had better hear this. Hear it good. You devise ways of separating the TBH and OPG and you devise ways of separating the OPG from itself. Here is my answer to you. DIE!

Gentle out.

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - McNeo - 06-21-2008

Not long after, around 3.30PM Corsair time, The Brotherhood responded to OPG's decree with great news indeed. The entire nation breathes easier as Glorious Brotherhood shows once again, that they care for all Corsairs.

Quote:This is a grave time for the Corsairs, the Brotherhood and the nation we all stand for. Corsair firing on Corsair is a grave situation indeed. That is of course, if they are truely Corsair.

My beliefs and that of a fair amount of my outspoken brothers in arms lend fair weight to the notion that the Benitez are not of our mind. Their political games to aquire their power as a first step to further their own goals were shunted time and again by the Brotherhood. But as they played their games well, so we started to crumble against the lies and propaganda that the Benitez relentlessly beset on our doorstep.

However, now the OPG have decided to take a bold stand against the Benitez, and the Brotherhood will join our true brothers in ridding ourselves of those that are unfit to be called Corsair. The Benitez's political games must end. The Brotherhood have tried by diplomatic means to do this, three times in fact. Twice the Benitez walked out of our home, the third time is now. Those who wish to leave our home defenseless against the barbarians that call us the same name do not deserve to be called Corsair. Those who prioritise their political games over the security of their nation are not fit to be called Corsair. Those that will do anything, no matter the cost, play any card, talk to anyone, to achieve their goals, are not Corsair.

The Benitez are Corsair by blood, but not at heart. All Corsairs must be of Corsair heart, otherwise they cannot be Corsair.

It is time to rid ourselves of the filth that are the Benitez.

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - song - 06-21-2008

*BEGIN TRANSMISSION*

To Our Corsair Brothers:

As an official representative of the Hogosha and our Corsair alliance, I express our sorrow that the Corsairs have such sorrowful obligation in this.

We of course will respect any official Corsair decree and can sympathize greatly with you as we have had betrayal recently ourselves.

Always, honor must be satisfied. It is the way of all warriors.

Long Live the Corsairs!

Shigeo Kitamura, Gen-yosha Rinjin, Hogosha
Guardian Black Hole Sun Conglomerate

*END TRANSMISSION*

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - Zavier - 06-21-2008

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - Grimly - 06-21-2008

*Incomming transmission*
*From : Captain Grimly, Battleship Utopik, Corsair Legate Dreadnougth class.*

Grimly reporting in !

I don't know what happend yesterday for OPGs, TBHs, and Benitez could start an hostile behaviour each other. Choosing a side is simply an impossible choise cause corsairs killing corsairs ... isn't it a non-sense ?

We have to concentrate our efforts on outcasts in OGamma, bounty hunters in O41 and hessians in O5.

My battleship will stay in Crete's orbit for goods reasons, coming in O41 or O5 with that ship class is impossible.

All my other ship are ready to defend all our territory, Cadiz and Leon INCLUDED ! I'll NEVER let my fighters and bombers ships on board of my battleship if Cadiz or Leon are under attack !

I simply can't already choose between OPGs, TBHs and Benitez. All my systems will stay offline to avoid any conflict for the moment.
*Transmission lost*

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - Carlos_Benitez - 06-21-2008

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I will make it clear, here and now, that you are WAY out of line, particularly as all political involvement of the Benitez ceased a week ago.
You have no grounds to this, in or out of RP.
If the justification is certain Stories and forum doccuments, I'd like to point out that PLAYERS read stories, NOT CHARACTERS, and that allowing non-RP documents to influence RP decisions is very very foolhardy.

We will not be changing our IDs, and this action by the OPG and TBH is not RP justified.
Our players will not be fighting back if shot, and screenshots will be taken if any of you dare to shoot at our ships.
Admins will be involved.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - Exsiled_one - 06-21-2008

//////////////////////////
Since we have came to this decision and since I have taken it into my hands to write the decree mostly because I have a good enough way with words and Gentle trusted me, alot of bad things has flied my way. I won't stand for it. You should look at your rp bit closer, and you should determine whats in rp and whats not. The decision has been made due the several things that have been happening in past month or two, not past few days. As a player on Discovery I care a great deal about your rp and I read it just for fun to see where will it take you, but as an OPG Ivan I must say that I only care about your roleplay as benitez. I have perfectly floated above all the petty bickering and silly manipulations and accusations of mentioned and for that I'm proud of myself. But to call us out of roleplay is an insult that I refuse to listen here. OPG didn't call anyone but TBH on this as far as Corsair side goes and you have offered us what? OORP post about reporting it all to admins?
Slick roleplay there champ. That means you kind off know the answer to why did we do this.

Oh, and if it's not fully clear, the justifications are not player stories. I agree there with you 100% and I'ld never abuse that information for anything, and that means I wouldn't write that decree when Gentle told me to.
////////////////////////

I'ld also like to ask the members of discovery gc that are not affiliated with a faction that might have some part in this to refrain from posting here. Thanks.

OPG declares enemies of the state, TBH support the cause. - Muleo - 06-21-2008

' Wrote:////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I will make it clear, here and now, that you are WAY out of line, particularly as all political involvement of the Benitez ceased a week ago.
You have no grounds to this, in or out of RP.
If the justification is certain Stories and forum doccuments, I'd like to point out that PLAYERS read stories, NOT CHARACTERS, and that allowing non-RP documents to influence RP decisions is very very foolhardy.

We will not be changing our IDs, and this action by the OPG and TBH is not RP justified.
Our players will not be fighting back if shot, and screenshots will be taken if any of you dare to shoot at our ships.
Admins will be involved.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
OOC post:
Your nomad stories had nothing to do with this, I only noticed it when I was looking for your avatar to post into the bounty thread, and made a small comment there about it. This decision has nothing to do with your bio.