Discovery Gaming Community
How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Discovery RP 24/7 General Discussions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! (/showthread.php?tid=96438)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Hone - 04-03-2013

*Record scratch!*

Have I gone Kerrrrazy? No! here's the idea!

Gallia raids leads, I find this fun, others find this fun, I think itd make more fun and encourage it, by giving the Gallian offenders, and Bretonian Defenders some purpose. Therefore I propose that Bretonia builds a base by the EDIT: NOW LEEDS jumphole to keep the Gallians out.

"WHHHHAAAAAAATTTT??!!!!!!!! That's the opposite of the whole purpose!!!!!!!!!!"

Ah but heres the best bit; The base is only to keep the Gallians out INRP! In actuallity the base is kept at lil ol level 1. That means it can only boast 2 weapons platforms and the shield generator, with NO extra storage modules.

Ladies and gentlemen I am proposing nothing less, than building a base that is MEANT to be destroyed!

The idea is, that the Gallians can have fun trying to destroy the base, giving them a purpose in their raids, and an achievable objective which they can feel good about completing if they are able. While the Brets can have fun defending it and they too have a measuarble objective as well as the satisfaction of the base perhaps sometime actually killing someone! And it can be good RP for everyone.

I propose keeping it level 1 because then it will;

1: Not be too hard for the Gallians to destroy, so they wont be upset when assaulting it.
2: Not be too expensive for the Bretonians so they won't mind losing it (Which I guess will happen about once a week)
3: Not be too powerful blocking the jumphole (Lets be honest, if I can fly a UAU4 whale past goldern coin, 2 wep platforms aint gonna stop SQUAT!) so everyone else wont be upset when moving through it!

It could be named some cool Bretonian defensive name, and have oodles of nice forum RP and stories about it, with news reports on the status of it, and when it needs to be rebuilt, ect, for all you forum lancers!

Now folks I know this may not work, and I know some may be reluctant to shell out the cash on an unproven project, so what I am offering is; I will fund the first trial Run! Hooray! Yes my plan is to basically just pay Bowex to build it.

If it works out, Gallia and Bretonia could take turns running bases, perhaps each have 1 on their side of the JH, for exciting jump hole based battles, that lead to the invention of new tactics! Or maybe Gallia could even build one on the BRETONIAN side as a foward attack base, for war advancement RP! Who knows?

Anyway folks, wadda you think? Remember the goal is to build a base, that the owners wont MIND being destroyed, (OORP, of course their chars INRP will be fuming!) and the attackers will actually ENJOY besieging!

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Coin - 04-03-2013

be like a dungeon raid, aye?

me likey. [img]approved.jpg[/img]

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Zapp - 04-03-2013

This may be the best idea I've ever heard in my entire life. Great way to boost activity, and give an actual focus to in-game conflict that I haven't seen much of since I've been back (namely, GRN/BAF fights).

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - SMGSterlin - 04-03-2013

Voted no... Seems like a lot of work and expense for a very brief thing.

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Veygaar - 04-03-2013

I voted yes. But I would like the admins to put the base up for destruction. Maybe even make it LvL3 and load that sucker up with tons of resources, but don't allow anyone to dock to feed it. Once it's gone it's gone.

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Felix_Wannamaker_III - 04-03-2013

Ill help run cubes for it. Level 4, max platforms, let them try and break that station.

Dont make it easy. Just let everyone willing to put money into it help it. give it a week to get set up before the valorspam arrives, than watch the fun

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Hone - 04-03-2013

(04-03-2013, 02:42 AM)SMGSterlin Wrote: Voted no... Seems like a lot of work and expense for a very brief thing.

Well I am offering to pay for that expense arnt I? However you may be right, I dont know much about bases. If just setting up a core 1 fully proves to be too expensive, then we could try one with just the shield generator in Planet Leeds orbit or something, should be cheaper without wep platforms. Thats why I suggested a trial run, so we can find the optimum.

(04-03-2013, 03:51 AM)Veygaar Wrote: I voted yes. But I would like the admins to put the base up for destruction. Maybe even make it LvL3 and load that sucker up with tons of resources, but don't allow anyone to dock to feed it. Once it's gone it's gone.

Yes admin help would be nice - see my related thread on base capture in the wars: http://discoverygc.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=87004 However its unlikely, so I suggested this.

(04-03-2013, 03:54 AM)Felix_Wannamaker_III Wrote: Ill help run cubes for it. Level 4, max platforms, let them try and break that station.

Dont make it easy. Just let everyone willing to put money into it help it. give it a week to get set up before the valorspam arrives, than watch the fun

The thing is, its supposed to be fun for the attackers too, to encourage activity. Most people dont find shooting at a stationary object for 20 hours fun, so having a level 4 base might DECREASE activity, which is the opposite of what we want.

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Sparx - 04-03-2013

Yes this would be epic as you know

TOTAL YES

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Tunicle - 04-03-2013

Nice idea, especially as it keeps base sieges inRP rather than the often attempted inRP shenannigans the server goes through to try and justify ooRP base action.

RE: How about a JH blocking base... FOR FUN!?! - Aingar - 04-03-2013

If that'd work, you could go ahead and drop similar bases in sigmas (You know, Sairs and OC's, with occassional GMG here and there)