Discovery Gaming Community
Moderator Notice: Member Warned - Tel-Aviv - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Rules (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+---- Forum: Sanctions and Warnings (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=43)
+---- Thread: Moderator Notice: Member Warned - Tel-Aviv (/showthread.php?tid=96455)

Moderator Notice: Member Warned - Tel-Aviv - aerelm - 04-03-2013

Account name: Tel-Aviv
Description: Warning
Rules:
Quote:1.4 Using bad language on forums is not allowed without any exceptions. Flaming, abusing, and insulting other members in any form, with or without a reason, is not allowed.
Comments:

Majority of your latest posts around the forums, especially those in various discussion threads originally started by yourself, have been borderline offensive and even in some cases direct insults toward other members of this community. We'd like to ask you to reconsider your tone for your future posts, and if you really can't refrain from insulting others in an attempt to try and prove a point, please use that cute little free of charge red X on top right corner of your browser instead of hitting "Post Reply".

This serves as just a warning for now, but you can expect something more severe with any further violations, which hopefully won't happen.

RE: Moderator Notice: Member Warned - Tel-Aviv - Zen_Mechanics - 04-15-2013

Alright, I'd like you to pinpoint the exact words which offended people here, infact im offended by calling me an offender, where do I get my compensation? - I accept the warning but some people always get offended, im just wondering why others who have seen my post didn't respond the way the "victims" responded.
Freedom of speech applies here as well, and I have apologized numerious times in advance to anyone who chooses to be offended, but if I can't express my honest opinion then whats the whole point of this server then? Should I name the people that offend me. Do I need to bring a lawyer to explain this? - People can call me a kid, can have a genuine opinion about my behaviour and clearly get away with it, but me? no. Infact, I want you to give a similiar warning to Egmen, BHG Core Leader.

But hey, I accept the warning, even though its ridicilous, not going to argue about that.

RE: Moderator Notice: Member Warned - Tel-Aviv - aerelm - 04-16-2013

Noticed this thread kinda early, didn't we?

I doubt allowing you to call people intellectually challenged and mentally disabled not once or twice, but nearly every single time someone disagrees with you falls under the definition of "freedom of speech" anywhere on the globe. If you want to disagree with an individual or even argue with them and voice your personal opinions, feel free to do so in a civil manner, as your opinions did not result in this warning, your tone did.

We had to go on a spree of editing your posts to remove a good amount of such remarks out of them or had to completely get rid of some of the post since they had nothing to them other than calling another member such things in multiple threads, and that's why we decided on this warning, not a report filed by any of the members who might or might not have been offended by your tone.

As Jammi already made it rather clear to you in the discussion you had with him in PM regarding the very same issue,
Quote:You have frequently been abrasive, obnoxious and insulting to a wide range of people here. It's not behaviour that we tolerate, and unless you change the tone of your posts, there will be consequences.

In the end, if you think misconduct of a community member is being overlooked by the staff, proper approach would be filing a report against the individual with solid proof for the staff to review, rather than complaining about it here and there with every opportunity you find.

RE: Moderator Notice: Member Warned - Tel-Aviv - Zen_Mechanics - 04-16-2013

You have the burden of proof, I asked to be presented with those "abusive" words that I have used and the "mentaly challgened" that you have described. I never wrote something as foolish as that, even suggesting such a thing does not mean I said so or intended to. "Fruck you" can be a good thing if I find a good context behind it.
Perhaps a lawyer could explain this better, you were kind enough to warn me but have shown no interest in others when they have insulted me, or others. Perhaps I should mention those posts, the posts that you have ignored?
Or the same attitude that I recieve from several people here? Here I found one on my smartphone

"Agemen of Eladesor" - Complete freedom ... what kind of medications are you on?

I find it deeply offensive, infact an attack on my basic values hell it kills everything that I am. And if you would have bothered to look at the previous posts, I give what people give me, however it looks as if you choose to stick onto 1 side. - I don't need to post these stuff because you can find them on every post I have.
Now, dont rush anywhere cuz lemme say this in advance, this is not an attack on you personaly, and no im not trying to offend you ( just thougth i'd clear that up ) - As I said, I have stated many times that i have no intention to insult anyone, and anyone is free to critisize my views or opinions, freeley and openly as possibly and curtailing this right should be an insult to all of us.

RE: Moderator Notice: Member Warned - Tel-Aviv - AeternusDoleo - 04-16-2013

Then moderate your tone a bit. That is why this is a warning and not an outright sanction. I've skimmed back across your posting history and it appears you've adjusted quite a number of your messages - possibly cleaning them up so us mods and admins don't have to. If you'd have stepped too far over the line you'd have gotten more then a warning.

As for what you receive on your smartphone - we're not privvy to that. I'm assuming that is over Skype.

RE: Moderator Notice: Member Warned - Tel-Aviv - Zen_Mechanics - 04-16-2013

One will always find something worth offending, and nay its not on skype.
I'll do a similiar report as well then. THanks.