Discovery Gaming Community
Ordo Malleus - information + feedback - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Unofficial Factions and Groups (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+--- Thread: Ordo Malleus - information + feedback (/showthread.php?tid=96649)

Pages: 1 2

Ordo Malleus - information + feedback - The Shadow - 04-07-2013

[Image: inquisitiona.jpg]

Ordo Malleus

The sector is rotten, it is time for someone to do the right thing.

Some people heard about the fall of the homeworld. Some people have studied what really happened during the Nomad War. Some people thought The Order for heroes of Sirius sector. Some people grieve every information about another death of Order pilot. And such people will not leave The Order alone.

Information

Ordo Malleus is named after one of the major parts of the Inquisition, organisation that punished witches and destroyed demons in the ancient history of Sol. Now, we have nomad infetees as demons. And there will be Ordo once again to take care of the demons who posses humans.

Ordo Malleus is a group of people who see how rotten the sector is by nomad taint. How they control people and even infect them. Those people are beyond saving. Those people are lost and can be only given the last judgement. The clearest death. Death by fire. Because nomads are the origin of the taint, Ordo is on good terms with The Order. They admire them for their sacrifice and they bravery. They admire them for the way they do things. The Order seems to be their main ally. They are lead by someone anonymous, who calls himself only The Shadow.
Objectives
Seek and destroy anyone who supports or is infected by Nomads.

Secondary objetives
Support The Order in their missions.
Zone of interest
The whole Sirius sector! It is rotten as a whole and we will deal with it as such!

Naming convention
Ordo|Shipname
Ordo|Pilot's.name
ID in use:

Pirate ID is the best, however we do not pirate. We hunt people who are infected and who support nomads. With this ID, nothing will stand in our way. Just explain your intention to everyone. We are not pirates, we are Ordo Malleus.

Diplomacy

Allies

Shades of Sol *SoS*

Friendly

The Order
New Covenant Church (NCC)

Neutral

Everyone else

Hostile

People supporting or infested by nomads.
Sammaran Raiders
Outcasts
Wilde

Ranking system
The Shadow

He controls everything that is happening with tha faction, noone has ever seen him.

Grand Master

Actualy leading the faction, leader of men, the highest ranking officer. Only he can speak to The Shadow and he speads his wishes among his battle-brothers and makes sure they are understood and obeyed.

High Inquisitor

Second in command. He makes sure that Grand Master's orders are heard.

Inquisitor

Superior to Knights and leading them, the Inquisitors are the most veteran Knights.

Knight

The manpower of the faction. Bulk of the faction has got this rank. They can operate alone or in small groups, sometimes they join up in a larger group under the command of one of the Inquisitors or higher ranking battle-brother.

Novice

Recruit, new to Ordo.

Roster

High command

The Shadow
anonymous (The Shadow)

Grand Master
Ibram Gaunt (Protton)

High Inquisitor
Augustin Lawrence Robinson (Ed)

Low command and the men

High Inquisitor

Knight

Novice

RE: Ordo Malleus - information + feedback - Jansen - 04-07-2013

(04-07-2013, 11:17 AM)The Shadow Wrote: ID in use:
Pirate ID is the best, however we do not pirate. We hunt people who are infected and who support nomads. With this ID, nothing will stand in our way. Just explain your intention to everyone. We are not pirates, we are Ordo Malleus.

Wouldnt an Order ID work much better for you? That would let you do exactly this without being shot at by everyone because you are a 'pirate'.

RE: Ordo Malleus - information + feedback - Connor - 04-07-2013

As well as being a pirate, you HAVE to demand credits from the nomad before you engage them. You cant freely engage them ether

Quote:You are a Pirate! who:
Can demand cargo and credits from lawful and unlawful ships, and attack them if they do not comply.
Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats.

RE: Ordo Malleus - information + feedback - Protton - 04-07-2013

(04-07-2013, 12:29 PM)Jansen Wrote:
(04-07-2013, 11:17 AM)The Shadow Wrote: ID in use:

Wouldnt an Order ID work much better for you? That would let you do exactly this without being shot at by everyone because you are a 'pirate'.

With Order ID, everyone is shooting at you because you are Order... I thought about Freelancer ID, but you cannot freely engage anything. It is the same with Order ID. We will not engage Nomads, that is job of The Order, we will find and engage players who are asociated with Nomads, such as SR or Wilde.

(04-07-2013, 12:31 PM)Snoopyman Wrote: As well as being a pirate, you HAVE to demand credits from the nomad before you engage them. You cant freely engage them ether

Quote:You are a Pirate! who:
Can demand cargo and credits from lawful and unlawful ships, and attack them if they do not comply.
Cannot use any transports with more than 3,600 cargo.

Allowed ships: Fighters, Bombers, Freighters, Transports, Gunboats.

I have hoped to play this as demanding 'something', not only credits or cargo. We would demands something like cutting all bonds with Nomads or for them to submit to our tests to say if they are controlled or infected.

RE: Ordo Malleus - information + feedback - Treewyrm - 04-07-2013

I think at Discovery we're long past the time of imports from another entertainment franchises, such as Warhammer 40k. Not merely in ships but in roleplay as well. If you want to play the role fulfilled in this roleplay environment by the Order - join and play the Order, it's as simple as that. Direct imports are not beneficial to the environment of this community, Warhammer universe is incompatible to Freelancer (which Discovery builds upon) as the two are very very different, if you want to have Warhammer fanfic then I would suggest searching for another mod that provides a better opportunity (such as those where various popular universes, like Star Wars, Star Trek and such are mixed up together), or perhaps create a new one focused around that universe and motifs.

(04-07-2013, 12:51 PM)Treewyrm Wrote: I think at Discovery we're long past the time of imports from another entertainment franchises, such as Warhammer 40k. Not merely in ships but in roleplay as well. If you want to play the role fulfilled in this roleplay environment by the Order - join and play the Order, it's as simple as that. Direct imports are not beneficial to the environment of this community, Warhammer universe is incompatible to Freelancer (which Discovery builds upon) as the two are very very different, if you want to have Warhammer fanfic then I would suggest searching for another mod that provides a better opportunity (such as those where various popular universes, like Star Wars, Star Trek and such are mixed up together), or perhaps create a new one focused around that universe and motifs.

I will not say it is not inspired by WH40k, it sure is. But the RP will not be as WH40k inquisition. As you can see, this is not The Imperium, that means that I cannot just run around kill people. And if you mean the name, Ordo Malleus was a part of medival inquisition. It is inspired more from that part than WH40k part. It is from latin. Ordo means Order and Malleus is a hammer I believe.

As to Order, although this is close to the Order, it is not Order. Order cannot hunt those asociated with the nomads (out of RP events) or fly more freely around the sector. Main order concearn is to protect humanity from nomads. We will protect humanity from infected people inside the society.

However, if this faction will be a large problem, I will just delete it all and everyone will forget there ever was something like this present.

Then to avoid clear references to Warhammer 40k I would suggest re-image your faction, starting with its name as well, since it's too obvious where you're really taking it from. Then provide plausible backstory fitting and most importantly based upon Freelancer universe (at the moment it's not). Clean up ranking names, change Warhammer 40k imagery (owned by Games Workshop, by the way) to a new stuff, and so forth. The general problem in my opinion - it overlaps the role fulfilled by the Order. You need to differentiate yourself, but not by importing from Warhammer 40k. To say that the Order cannot hunt those associated with the Nomads isn't true actually, but they need to exercise caution and maneuver around diplomatic minefield. Actions by a group that puts itself closely associated to the Order will affect the Order itself, to extent you may quickly become a liability for them.

Alright, I see your point, though making myself a new logo will take a lot of time. If there is noone to like my faction, that time would be totaly wasted. So, if noone will aply to the the faction in like... 3 days... I will delete this faction with all I have got here. As it seems, there is not even any good ID for this faction as it is. Only ID that suits our engament needs is Pirate ID, but that has got rep hack and it will make everyone red.

You are right about the history, I am working on something and I will post it as soon as it is ready.

There is nothing wrong with the concept of some 'hunters' who seek infested humans and supporters, I like it myself, but firstly the Order already does that - they're doing it covertly, mostly for the reason I have stated in previous post. Secondly there aren't too many players with infested characters, and out of that only handful few whom you can target without metagaming, this shortage will be a problem for your faction in-game activity. So what will you do? And how that will be different from the Order? So to sum up: I like the idea, but even all that Warhammer 40k stuff aside there are still problems, like except for Rheinland other houses don't have their established, well-manned and active equivalents for infested/supporters to supply you with activity. Demand might be there, but the necessary supply ain't, I'm afraid. I'd love there to be more players having infested characters, new 'wild' factions to appear (for you to have activity), but unfortunately the truth is that there only so few of them and making new factions of that type requires not only considerable effort but also so much red tape to deal with that most don't even bother to try and it's a shame really.