Discovery Gaming Community
Power - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Mod General Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=37)
+--- Thread: Power (/showthread.php?tid=96950)

Power - MasterMegaManX - 04-13-2013

Hi all. I am new to modding freelancer, a fantastic game. I just recently installed the Discovery mod for all the goodies. I am playing in a LAN server and one of the problems I found was that the power on ships was severely reduced on the mod versus vanilla Freelancer. I was wondering if there are any other mods or and changes I can make to get back the original power that ships produced?

RE: Power - belarusich - 04-13-2013

(04-13-2013, 04:21 AM)MasterMegaManX Wrote: Hi all. I am new to modding freelancer, a fantastic game. I just recently installed the Discovery mod for all the goodies. I am playing in a LAN server and one of the problems I found was that the power on ships was severely reduced on the mod versus vanilla Freelancer. I was wondering if there are any other mods or and changes I can make to get back the original power that ships produced?

If you speak about dropping energy on cruise to 0:

find this: /EXE/flhook_plugins/dsacesrv.cfg

Open it. Find:

"; Forces player ships to discharge their power plants when they are in
; cruise." (without ")

After this you have: PowerCruiseMode=yes

you should write here: PowerCruiseMode=no

RE: Power - Champ - 04-13-2013

Be very, very careful making those changes.

It's fine to do that for a LAN server or probably a few others, but at least the Discovery server may kick you and ban you automatically if you do not revert the changes before attempting to connect.

Edit: Somebody wiser than me on this has advised me that changing these files won't affect your freelancer client, so you wouldn't need to revert changes to safely connect to the RP 24/7 server.

RE: Power - MasterMegaManX - 04-13-2013

Thanks for the responses. The main issues I have are when you are using the weapons, the recharge rate for the power is significantly lower. Also, I am the one operating the LAN server, so any modifications will not matter for online play since I will be running my own server Big Grin. Unless I am missing something, the reduced power recharge rate for using weapons seems intentional for the Discovery Mod. I didn't wait such a long period of time to recharge the power to fire my weapons on vanilla freelancer.

We installed the discovery mod not to RP really, but to enjoy the expanded universe with the additional ships. Seems kind of like going up hill ^^;; but so far everything we have seen on the mod is awesome. Just a few more tweaks and my dorm will be good to go.

RE: Power - Pancakes - 04-13-2013

You have FLhook on? Since there is powercore nerf based on tech+ID

RE: Power - MasterMegaManX - 04-13-2013

(04-13-2013, 10:32 AM)Pancakes Wrote: You have FLhook on? Since there is powercore nerf based on tech+ID

Yeah I have it on. I can use that to change it? Didn't see any command options for it.

RE: Power - belarusich - 04-13-2013

(04-13-2013, 11:26 AM)MasterMegaManX Wrote:
(04-13-2013, 10:32 AM)Pancakes Wrote: You have FLhook on? Since there is powercore nerf based on tech+ID

Yeah I have it on. I can use that to change it? Didn't see any command options for it.

Problem is, as i understand, you have slow energy restore? This is because of tech compat plugin(if you Hessian and you use Rheinland Military weapons, you get energy restore nerf)

As i remember, tech compats are in flhook_plugins/techcompat(CFG file, you can easily open it)