Discovery Gaming Community
A ROYAL EDICT - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Role-Playing (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Forum: Stories and Biographies (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: A ROYAL EDICT (/showthread.php?tid=9705)

Pages: 1 2 3

A ROYAL EDICT - Capt. Henry Morgan - 06-24-2008

//Any and all comments are welcome. This is my first attempt trying something completely new, and any feedback would be helpful.

[Image: GR2.gif]

Citizens of the Kingdom of Bretonia! Since our brave people first arrived in Sirius and claimed the stars that became our new Kingdom, we have been taught that Queen Carina and her family are the proper and righful rulers of Bretonia. For generations, they have hidden their true bloodlines and stamped out any attempts to uncover their lies. For generations, they have been sitting on a throne that is not theirs.

I tell you today that I, Commodore Lord George Mountbatten, am the true and rightful Sovereign. My family has kept this secret, knowing that Carina's ancestors would've done their utmost to prevent us from taking our rightful place. I know that many of you will doubt my claim, and to that end, I am enclosing my families true genealogy, as well as that of Carina's family. From this, you can see that my family can trace it's bloodlines all the way back to the Royal Family of Great Britain on Earth, before we ever left the world of our birth. You can also see from that Carina's family, while undoubtedly of noble descent, is not in direct line for the throne. In the chaos following our arrival in Sirius, an opportunistic ancestor of Carina saw an opportunity to make a grab for power. Carina herself is blameless in this, as the true crime was perpetrated by her ancestors, and not Carina herself.

Despite the efforts of my family to keep this secret through past generations, I have felt compelled to reveal the truth. Recently I have become aware that Carina has been mismanaging the realm, and allowed the Admiralty to gain undue influence over the realm. She has continued to remain obstinate when nothing is to be gained by denying groups like the Mollys and the Gaians what they desire. Instead of peacefully negotiating with them, she has chosen to excercise military force to deny them. She has mismanaged the war with Kusari. Despite her assurances and those of the Admiralty, Bretonia is losing more and more space every day.

As my first Royal edict, I command that Carina is to acknowledge my Sovreignty over the Kindom of Bretonia. For this, she will be permitted to retain her status as a member of the nobility, and will be granted a title appropriate to her true ancestry. I assure you, she will not be held responsible for the crimes of her ancestors. Also, the Bretonian Armed Forces are to swear their alleigence to the true Sovereign of Bretonia.

Upon authentication of my claim, I will return to New London for my coronation.

George R.

A ROYAL EDICT - Unseelie - 06-24-2008

Encryption Key: Admiralty Command and Control:
Routed from Winchester to the Sovereign.

Message Begins:
Your Majesty, after reviewing the documents you have provided, and cross checking them with our own records on Cambridge, we are proud to acknowledge the true monarch of Bretonia, George Mountbatten, as our supreme commander. The Fleets of Bretonia are yours to command. We are sure that with your flagship at the head of the fleet, the pretender will be run off of your seat in quick order. We have begun a Blockade of London System, and await your arrival to head the assault.
Message ends.

A ROYAL EDICT - Reverend Del - 06-24-2008

---All firewalls breached by unknown device: Warning hacking in progress---

--Attempting to trace source: Trace disrupted--

--Bringing Intrusion Countermeasures online--

Comm ID: Fastjack

--System: Attempting to acquire records on subject: Fastjack--
--No records found--

Better make this quick the Bretonian comm net seems to be very hostile tonight. How surprising, Yay! Bretonian civil war, that should tie up the bretonian trading companies, keep them out of Liberty, that just leaves us with Kusari to deal with. Seriously you guys start a shooting match, that way we can keep Liberty clean of your vile imports. I'll be watching this carefully. See you around.

Fastjack

"Run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man"

---Signal Lost---

A ROYAL EDICT - Boss - 06-24-2008

[Hack in progress....Done
[Worm uploaded, backdoor active
[Comm ID: ERROR. TARGET DOES NOT EXIST.

Well, well, well. Looks like our world just got a bit more fun. Couldn't care less about those Bret lawdogs; they can't catch what they can't see. Time to run, boys, party on! While we're at it, remind me to take down a few of those Planetform and OSC folks. They's getting too pushy about Mother. Hit the thrusters, light up the emptiness. Gaians rise again!

Avenger out.

[Hack terminated
[Worm in place for future use....

A ROYAL EDICT - Patriot - 06-24-2008

To:Bretonia Admiralty Command and Control

**Link Open**

Sir Charles Wellington request to see these paper a soon as possible,until this my alleigence will remain to th Queen Carina.

**Link Close**

A ROYAL EDICT - Zapp - 06-24-2008

Lieutenant Commander Edmund Sumner was a hard man. He had been fighting in Dublin and Edinburgh for over twenty years, earning several promotions, medals, and commendations for valor, eventually landing the position of CAG on the Essex. Admiral Florence Haye had command, and was also renowned as a hard person, logical and cold.

On receiving the 'Royal Edict', Admiral Haye was left with a decision to make. Follow the King, or the Queen? The evidence was there. It was all that was needed. With no second thought, Haye turned to the XO and declared the ship for King George. The crew, which were completely loyal to the Admiral who had led them for most of the past two decades, followed without complaint. This is why most of the time, command positions are on a rotating basis: loyalty to the Admiral can supersede the oaths to the Queen.

A day later, the HMS Sovereign was moored with the Essex, and was declared the command post of the newfound movement known as "King George's Loyalists".

Effective immediately, it is the declaration of the Crown that the Mollys are to be granted their immediate independence. The Battleship Essex will remain on station to protect against Corsair encroachment, but otherwise the system is free for the Molly's to rule. Additionally, effective immediately, all efforts to develop Planet Gaia are to cease. In the future, we can work with groups such as the Gaians to develop planets in accord with their natural environments, rather than working against it. The future of Bretonia will not be defined by blood, violence, and exploitation.

George R.

A ROYAL EDICT - Reverend Del - 06-24-2008

---Signal Source Acquired---

--Attempting Trace: Trace dirupted--

--Intrusion Countermeasure Status: White--

Just FYI you need the shiney hat first before you can make proclamations, would love to stop and chat but after checking the records in Cambridge, nice work on those by the way, if they are forgeries they're excellent ones, I seem to have acquired a rather pleasent tail, I'd drop the data cutter but she seems sweet and I don't want to kill her.

Fastjack

"Run, run, as fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the gingerbread man."

--Signal lost--

' Wrote:Encryption Key: Admiralty Command and Control:
Routed from Winchester to the Sovereign.

Message Begins:
Your Majesty, after reviewing the documents you have provided, and cross checking them with our own records on Cambridge, we are proud to acknowledge the true monarch of Bretonia, George Mountbatten, as our supreme commander. The Fleets of Bretonia are yours to command. We are sure that with your flagship at the head of the fleet, the pretender will be run off of your seat in quick order. We have begun a Blockade of London System, and await your arrival to head the assault.
Message ends.

I accept your service gratefully. I hope, however, that an assault will not be necessary. Enough Bretonian blood has been spilled in recent years, and I would not add to it.

George R.

BBC
Bretonia Broadcasting Corporation
New London - 817 A.S. - Following the controversial statements by Commodore Lord George Mountbatten, Bretonia has been thrown into chaos. Most surprising came Admiral Florence Haye's declaration of allegiance to Lord Mountbatten. According to a BAF statement Admiral Haye is a decorated and well respected officer well known for her loyalty to the Crown, and her actions have come as a shock.

Major corporations have chosen not to take a side on the issue, saying that "we will not allow petty politics stand in the way of doing business." It has been no secret that some of Bretonia's corporations have not been on the best of terms with the Crown, but at this point, they seem unwilling to do anything to oppose the Queen.

Upon first recieving the 'Royal Edict', Parliament was called into an emergency session. Not surprisingly, the House of Lords has thrown their support behind Queen Carina. The House of Commons, on the other hand, has been more divided on the issue. A sizable portion of the House of Commons has been critical of the Crown's policies in recent years, and this bloc has demanded that a full investigation of Lord Mountbatten's claims be undertaken prior to their making any "hasty decisions".

BBC will continue to follow this story as it develops.