Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Rules & Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=244)
+---- Forum: Player Requests (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=186)
+---- Thread: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? (/showthread.php?tid=97064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - fencore - 04-15-2013

Old-Admin notice for future admins
DUE TO THE SPECIFIC NATURE OF SHIP BALANCE CHANGES, IT IS FORBIDDEN TO RESTORE INACTIVITY-WIPED SHIPS BY THE ADMINISTRATION TEAM. If you are forced to restore -anything- from a backup due to other reasons not related to this thread, double-check the .fl file for the correct engine and powerplant.

Gheis Notice for Unlucky Souls: Gheis hasn't been active in a very long time. You can PM me, but I won't ever read it. You're best off to look to a current Server Administrator for help.

RESTORING YOUR LOST CHARACTERS IN THREE EASY STEPS

Freelancer is an old game. Unlike today's titles where all of your progress is kept server-side and your account information is accessible anywhere via a simple login feature, we are stuck with what limits the game places on us. If you do not manually back-up your account information from your PC, there is a huge chance that sooner or later you can lose access to your progress.

It happens. We understand. This is the thread that will help you in those rare cases. All you need to do is to follow three essential steps to restore your accounts in the case of character loss.

~The administration team

STEP 1
Provide us with all the necessary information

The premise is simple. If you accidentally deleted a character, it will be restored from the last server backup. If you lost access to your account, your existing ships will be given a /movechar command code and you will be able to transfer them to your new account manually. Before you can do that:

Code:
[b]Character Names:[/b] names go here
[b]Reason for Restoration:[/b] explain what happened

[b]New Character Name:[/b] give us the name of at least one character on your new account
First of all, you will need to copy-paste the form above and fill in the needed information. We are looking for the names of your characters. In the case of multiple accounts, try to provide the names of at least one character per account.

Secondly, tell us what happened that lead to the loss of these characters. Use this line to also specify whether or not these characters are shared between you and other members, or are they your own personal ships.

The third part is simple - create a single character on your new account and provide us the name. This will be used for verification purposes as well as where you will have money transferred from one of your characters for you to use the /movechar command.

Notice: Characters that have been lost due to inactivity wipe (read: have not been logged for 6 months) will not be restored.
The administration team may decline your request for character restoration in certain cases, for example: if we cannot fully confirm that the characters belong to you.

STEP 2
Wait for your request to be processed

Have patience. Restoration and retrieval of characters is a manual process and will be done by a Server Administrator. You will receive a Private Message regarding your particular case and will be given either the codes to the characters which you can then use to move them with or the further instructions in order to do so.

In the cases where the restored characters are the only ones the player has, the temporary ship will have some credits transferred to it from the lost characters, in order to allow the player to execute the /movechar command.

STEP 3
Ensure you do not need to ever use this thread again

Restoring lost characters is bothersome for both the player who cannot enjoy the game and the admin who has to look through logs and manually set up everything in order to process the restoration request. It only makes sense that it would be easier for both sides not to have to deal it in the first place. As such, the third and final step is simple:

PLEASE BACK UP YOUR ACCOUNTS

You can do so by following these steps:

Step 1: Go to your Discovery Freelancer Launcher and click the My Accounts tab.

Step 2: Click the ''Import/Export'' button and then "Export All Accounts" to your Desktop.

Step 3: Place the exported XML file on your USB Thumb Drive, Phone, Email it to yourself or place it on your Google Drive account.

To IMPORT the accounts simply go back to Step 2 and use the "Import DSLauncher Accounts" option and select your file from whichever location you placed it in.

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - Amoongoose - 01-04-2021

Character Names: aceoflegacy
Reason for Restoration: i just jumped with my liberty bs and navy ID and i jumped thru the gate and it crashed and now it is crashing every time i open it

New Character Name: 46thGreg.Splinter

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - Brodaty - 11-26-2023

Character Names:
Soulblighter
Franz Maurer

Reason for Restoration:
Last time played 3 years ago, but in this year my old hard drive died so im unable to recover account.

New Character Name: Didnt even created any new one char or account but can do it.

PM Sent. ~W

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - MaUwUs - 11-28-2023

Character Names: DaNTeS , Gabbi
Reason for Restoration: Got new PC and all my files got deleted. I got nomad ship in Gabbi and Tridente with money on DaNTeS
New Character Name: Leclerc , Object_unknown

Restored. ~W

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - R.P.Curator - 11-28-2023

(11-13-2023, 04:47 PM)R.P.Curator Wrote:
(11-04-2023, 04:39 AM)R.P.Curator Wrote:
(10-21-2023, 06:32 PM)R.P.Curator Wrote:
(10-12-2023, 06:49 AM)R.P.Curator Wrote: Character Names: WV-Kontrol (Maco Battleship with 55 Sci-data in it)
Reason for Restoration: Missing character after Patch update

New Character Name: Kontrol - Bomber and Firefly - VHF
Account is old.
Please dock it on Durban, since it has Sci-data in it.

Is that the correct name? Unable to locate at present - Tunicle

Hi,
Yes, that is the correct name: WV-Kontrol
It is missing from the account since the patch.
I have no idea how and why, since its a battleship and there was no warning on those.
DSACE sample:
[11.09.2023 19:13:19] 2023-09-11 19:13:19 SMT Traffic control alert: WV-Kontrol has requested to dock
[11.09.2023 19:19:27] 2023-09-11 19:19:27 SMT Traffic control alert: WV-Kontrol has requested to dock

Thank you! Cannot track it down, have highlighted to another Admin just in case I am missing something - Tunicle

Bump for update or activity! I apologize.

We have a Kontrol in the account that used to have WV-Kontrol, did you rename? - Tunicle

Hi,
No. Kontrol is the bomber, WV-Kontrol is the Mako.
Thanks!
I have a Pre-Patch save of the account, with the 3 ships on it.
Loading it, it will only display 2 - Kontrol and Firefly (bomber and VHF)
WV-Kontrol is still missing. There are multiple ships on that account now - inform me if I need to make a new one.
Bump. Sorry.

Restored. ~W

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - Charl.Thomas - 11-29-2023

Character Names: Kylo.Fox
Reason for Restoration: Was busy deleting unused accounts and accidentally deleted my account

New Character Name: Kylo-Fox

Restored. ~W

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - Omicron - 12-02-2023

Character Names: RPA|PRW-Diplomat RPA|Arthur.Winters RPA|Arthur.Winters. (and anything else you can find on there. I think there may be also a transport there but I forgot the name? Its probably Coalition transport I been in the process of setting up last time I logged on it)

Reason for Restoration: I have switched to a new PC and getting everything re-installed on my end. Scavenging though all of my backups, one notable account is not accounted for. Its very fresh, probably failed (mea culpa) to backup it in time. I want to move this stuff on a new account and back it up with rest of my stuff.

New Character Name: Kartofel
(I assume you mean where the recovered ships will be going to)

Moved to Kartofel's account. ~W

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - Wildkins - 12-07-2023

Outstanding requests resolved. Apologies about the delay.

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - Proselyte - 12-19-2023

Character Names: Athena's.Hood, ISS.Riehl
Reason for Restoration: Was deleting old unused accounts and realized these two were in one I didn't expect. Oops.

New Character Name: Frank.Mound

Moved ~W

RE: Admin Notice: Lost Characters or Accounts? - ::Sirius:: - 12-29-2023

Character Names: (one from each account that I can remember) Clandestine, Extant, The.Vault, Jackdaw
Reason for Restoration: Got a new laptop and the accounts ported over via OneDrive. After unsyncing onedrive to free up space it removed the accounts from my laptop. I have a goo number of ships/accounts and dont really need them all back (lots of time an effort for the admins.) I'd appreciate recovery of a few of them and perhaps a creds...refund(?) for the rest!

New Character Name: Oroboros

PM Sent ~W