Discovery Gaming Community
Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: News and Announcements (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality (/showthread.php?tid=97401)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - fencore - 04-21-2013

As of the time of this post, the Discovery GC RP 24/7 server has ceased to support /setmsg functionality on the basis that it encourages lazy roleplay and a lack of situational awareness, and also allows users who do not have a sufficient enough understanding of English to mask this and is a problem concerning interaction in the roleplay environment.

For the most part, this move was spurred by the abuse of the setmsg commands as an attempt to circumvent the rules regarding roleplay prior to an attack. We, in general, find that setmsg is more often inappropriately used to that end.

Yes, we know that there are those of you who use it for sector location reporting or other potentially sensible situations. Sorry.

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Gypsie - 04-21-2013

(04-21-2013, 03:31 AM)Gheis Wrote: [...] and also allows users who do not have a sufficient enough understanding of English to mask this and is a problem concerning interaction in the roleplay environment.

I loled.

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Champ - 04-21-2013

Yes, yes yes.

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - n00bl3t - 04-21-2013

(04-21-2013, 03:33 AM)Gypsie Wrote:
(04-21-2013, 03:31 AM)Gheis Wrote: [...] and also allows users who do not have a sufficient enough understanding of English to mask this and is a problem concerning interaction in the roleplay environment.

I loled.

I had a similar chuckle.

Never used the command because I can type fast enough, but some people will be disadvantaged by it, especially in an instapew environment.

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Crackpunch - 04-21-2013

i like

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Wraga - 04-21-2013

No like here

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Pavel - 04-21-2013

May be good temporary solution, now remove "may treat as combat targets" line OR add it where it lacks. Outcast ID, Dragon/GC IDs...

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Champ - 04-21-2013

Quick preemptive reminder that flood-suited or +1 type posts will be banished to the depths of hell from whence they came. Saying you like or dislike something is fine though. Pictures maybe not.

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Reid - 04-21-2013

A proper way to replace it is to have 2 setmessages for everybody
One being "Current target is #t"
And "Current location is #c"

RE: Admin Notice: Removing /setmsg Functionality - Remnant - 04-21-2013

Good.. About time..