Discovery Gaming Community
multiple players on same router question - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Help & Support (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: multiple players on same router question (/showthread.php?tid=97506)

multiple players on same router question - hindmano - 04-23-2013

Before i invest any more time into 4.86 i have a question! Me and my Fiancee both play we have 2 computers behind a router is it legal for us to play at the same time and with each other ?

example She mines and i haul / sell her ore ?

We pvp together / mission together , and or trade together ?

the reason i ask is we were accused of multiboxing today and dont want to end up getting banned and wasting any more time. we never had any issues with it in the past but .....

Thanks in advanced

RE: multiple players on same router question - SMGSterlin - 04-23-2013

It's allowed for you both to play at the same time, but just make sure the admins know.

And in the rare case that you're lying about your Fiance playing, and instead it's you using two computers at once, the admins will come down on you HARD for that.

RE: multiple players on same router question - hindmano - 04-23-2013

so how do i go about letting the admins know ?

video call on skype with a quiz? Smile

(04-23-2013, 01:06 AM)SMGSterlin Wrote: It's allowed for you both to play at the same time, but just make sure the admins know.

And in the rare case that you're lying about your Fiance playing, and instead it's you using two computers at once, the admins will come down on you HARD for that.

RE: multiple players on same router question - jammi - 04-23-2013

Usually it's pretty obvious when someone is trying to control two ships at the same time. If you're worried about people reporting you for multiboxing, just make sure you're extra chatty and put a bit more into general roleplay to prove them wrong. Tongue

So long as there's two people involved, we've no problem with that. For one person controlling two computers, see Sterlin's statement.

well we have kids so we cant always be chatty at the same time but if you admins ever get a report on us we will be happy to verify it however you see fit , and thanks for the speedy reply

(04-23-2013, 01:06 AM)SMGSterlin Wrote: It's allowed for you both to play at the same time, but just make sure the admins know.

RE: multiple players on same router question - Harus - 04-23-2013

Good to see couples still coming to enjoy Freelancer. Tongue

RE: multiple players on same router question - SMGSterlin - 04-23-2013

Also, you should have your wedding here. We have our own resident Reverend who is ordained for marriage, and I hear Omicron-90 is a great honeymoon spot, it's even the color of love.

RE: multiple players on same router question - Amon.Cire - 04-23-2013

aahhh now that's true love Smile could never get my girlfriend to play Disco with me. *sigh*

yea she is one of a kind, we have played Project1999, eve, minecraft, terraria, freelancer back 3 years or more ago, Torchlight, Dungeon Siege, supreme commander Smile but it has me spoiled now i cant play single player games anymore just not the same.

(04-23-2013, 04:15 AM)Amon.Cire Wrote: aahhh now that's true love Smile could never get my girlfriend to play Disco with me. *sigh*

RE: multiple players on same router question - Duvelske - 04-23-2013

(04-23-2013, 01:08 AM)hindmano Wrote: so how do i go about letting the admins know ?

video call on skype with a quiz? Smile

lol well my girlfriend and i play also a while now in here. but we never had any problems. Just make sure you don't share ships which involve private factions or even plain tagged ships of official factions.