Discovery Gaming Community
A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? (/showthread.php?tid=97650)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Maltz - 03-01-2020

A Sindroms video.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - LordGreen - 03-29-2020

I played the regular Freelancer, till I search every part of the game. Then i added a mod to play online and I can't find those anymore. Now I have this mod to bring royal justice

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - majjinbuuhoo - 03-29-2020

A mixture of a ModDB and seeing it in the main server list!

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - darkwind - 03-29-2020

When I opened the vanilla multiplayer, all servers were visible. I just sorted them by the biggest online.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Dark.Star - 03-29-2020

From my dad, as soon as i heard there are those big fancy ships here i started playing immediately in 2015, then somehow lost interest, but came back in 2017

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Shargast - 04-11-2020

Hi all,

I played Freelancer back in 2004 and thought it was time to renew my realationship with this game. It really rocks and I haven^t really found any other online games that are the same. Was a big fan of the Wing commander and Privateer 1 & 2 Series (I'm dating myself). Thanks for this server.

How I found you? Just surfing !
Best
Shargast

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - MasterNimrod - 05-06-2020

When I was a kid I used to sit in my father's lap and fly his light fighter ship. Insane how this is still one of the best galaxies I have encountered. Amazing how you can enjoy the challenges even with a bit older equipment,

Huge credit to all the developers of this universe, who have revived and kept the spirit of our existence alive.

I think I am one of the many who have rediscovered the occupation as a freelancer during the Corona crisis. At least something good came out of this quarantine. I have recruited two friends so far and we are really enjoying the trading. We would love to see a dynamic trade logic, where supply and demand has an impact. Currently, it seems there is a never-ending demand on all bases and planets.

My group has tried to play some missions. However, it seems that we are not respected enough to get correct intel from the agents we have spoken too. We are directed to places where we never encounter what we expect. No enemies and no possibility to finalize our missions. This results in a failed mission and our reputation is consequently lowered with the factions of the mission provider.

Currently, we are seeking to increase our wealth through trade. However, we are looking to switch to a more aggressive approach, completing missions and discovering covert bases once gaining trust with different factions.

Does anybody know when missions will be available for us?

Kind regards

MasterNimrod
Freelancer
Master of Science and Innovation

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Hemlocke - 05-06-2020

I found this place through my father, that's how my old world navy dad and I managed to bond, playing these sorts of things together, he set up a lan and we just bumped around in space through the earliest versions of this mod, sometimes the vanilla game too.

To answer your question as to how he found it, he wouldn't remember if I asked him, but he probably found it on mod DB or through the FMM cause he played it with a couple buddies too.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - majjinbuuhoo - 05-06-2020

The latest patch seems to have bugged all missions.. I'm hoping it is fixed soon as well.
(05-06-2020, 01:19 AM)MasterNimrod Wrote: When I was a kid I used to sit in my father's lap and fly his light fighter ship. Insane how this is still one of the best galaxies I have encountered. Amazing how you can enjoy the challenges even with a bit older equipment,

Huge credit to all the developers of this universe, who have revived and kept the spirit of our existence alive.

I think I am one of the many who have rediscovered the occupation as a freelancer during the Corona crisis. At least something good came out of this quarantine. I have recruited two friends so far and we are really enjoying the trading. We would love to see a dynamic trade logic, where supply and demand has an impact. Currently, it seems there is a never-ending demand on all bases and planets.

My group has tried to play some missions. However, it seems that we are not respected enough to get correct intel from the agents we have spoken too. We are directed to places where we never encounter what we expect. No enemies and no possibility to finalize our missions. This results in a failed mission and our reputation is consequently lowered with the factions of the mission provider.

Currently, we are seeking to increase our wealth through trade. However, we are looking to switch to a more aggressive approach, completing missions and discovering covert bases once gaining trust with different factions.

Does anybody know when missions will be available for us?

Kind regards

MasterNimrod
Freelancer
Master of Science and Innovation

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - ophidian-v2 - 07-02-2020

ModDB back in 2009.