Discovery Gaming Community
A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Welcome (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=399)
+--- Forum: Introduce Yourself (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? (/showthread.php?tid=97650)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Cælumaresh - 09-14-2013

Youtube, when i saw those pictures of the Toledo Battle

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - wodalin - 09-15-2013

Found it at a discounter market as a special offer. I had already played
starlancer so I bought it and never regret it.

greetings
Woda

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - 7AlphaOne1 - 10-25-2013

I found this server while looking for vanilla campaign wikis. but maybe you guys could advertise there

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Monika - 10-26-2013

I found discovery when it was in its eariler stages on Lancer Reactor it was my first and has been my only ever mod.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Valinde - 11-21-2013

I discovered Discovery (huehue) waaay back when there were no other fun space sims to speak of, and I was looking for a somewhat rpish experience with a veteran community. My first google search brought its moddb page up.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Ace Razgriz - 12-24-2013

I always wanted to find the mods to fly a capital ship, so i searched freelancer capital ship mod and BOOM, i play this now

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Thargoid - 12-24-2013

Was playing Elite II - Frontier, got bored, and decided to search for similar games.

Played through single player, then tried to go online, couldn't as MS servers weren't up anymore. Googled for a solution, found Disco, downloaded, played.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Vipera Berus - 12-24-2013

I was randomly playing the original freelancer thought that the cargospaces were annoying so went hunting and voila. That's all I recollect.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Praetor - 12-25-2013

(12-24-2013, 06:34 PM)Thargoid Wrote: Was playing Elite II - Frontier, got bored, and decided to search for similar games.

Played through single player, then tried to go online, couldn't as MS servers weren't up anymore. Googled for a solution, found Disco, downloaded, played.
Exactly the same here.

RE: A short survey - How did you find Discovery? - Newt - 12-26-2013

I was buying my weed from my friend at his computer shop. Him and his other employee would play Disco pretty much everyday, their char names were Col.Mustard and Jean,Luc.Picard if anyone remembers them. I think the first time i saw them playing it was June of 2010 so during the .85 days i think. i remember asking about it and not being entirely interested in Disco. Fast forward to January of 2012, I was chillin at the same friends house and i remember him calling his employee telling him of the news that .86 had just released and base building etc etc. I guess after seeing them play all of the previous year and more recently watching my friend spend the majority of a weekend mostly just running trade, I decided to give it try. I still remember being up until almost 5:30 A.M. exploring everything.