Discovery Gaming Community
ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business: commodity price changes - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery General (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Server Events (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=411)
+---- Forum: Official (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=550)
+---- Thread: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business: commodity price changes (/showthread.php?tid=97812)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business: commodity price changes - jammi - 04-28-2013

ΤΩΣO
Sirius Business

Good evening, fair gentlefolks! As you may or may not be aware, the Sirius markets have been all over the place lately. Sirius Business has been formed by a network of merchants, miners and... affiliates all over Sirius. We report commercial news as it happens, to keep you - the good (or sometimes not so) citizens of Sirius - abreast of events... and earning cold hard credits.

Stay tuned, and we'll be bringing you reports on what the latest big thing is that's making the economy shiver. And remember, we're not corporate, and we're not from the Houses - so you can count on us for the truth! Not just that 'legal' bull. Straight from the source, we'll give you the juiciest tips, whatever side of the law they come from.

Whether it's hackers unbalancing the gold markets, or (as recently was the case) chronic copper shortages, remember: you heard it here first!

ΤΩΣO

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - jammi - 04-28-2013

ΤΩΣO

28/04/819 -- Got some news for you all, hot off the press. It's a well known fact that the drug barons of the Outcasts have more money than you or I could hope for in a lifetime. Love it or loathe it, you can't deny that Cardamine is one hell of a product from a marketing perspective. It has a captive audience, shall we say. In any case, there are those among the Outcasts who aren't as wealthy as they would like to be.

It's said that you have to spend a few credits to make a few credits, and this is the ethos they are openly embracing now. There is a bounty reward being offered for the delivery of their drug to their target consumers in Liberty and Galllia. It's thought you could be earning up to 50% more than normal! If that's your kind of thing, get hauling. It can't last forever!

28/04/819 -- We received another report a few minutes ago. It seems the stock markets are going through another 'quirky' phase when it comes to certain minerals. While the trickier economic theories behind the issue ellude me, I've heard it basically boils down to this. "If there is high demand for a product, but not enough people providing it, the price goes up." Supply and demand. Mind blowing, right?

Well, the demand for Platinum Ore has never been higher, and the supply can be currently classified as 'lacklustre'. Market prices have soared in retaliation to this, making for some very happy DSE and Samura executives. If you're of a more legal bent, this is probably the deal you'll want to exploit. Jump on it quick, before the supply levels out! You heard it first at Sirius Business!

ΤΩΣO

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - jammi - 05-12-2013

ΤΩΣO

12/05/819 -- Breaking news from the Omegas! There's been turmoil in the Omegas 7 system amid a union conflict with the major players in the region. Minor strikes have resulted amongst silver refinery crews working for DHC, Kruger and the IMG. It is believed that the protests were caused by a bill proposed by a pair of Hamburg senators of the Bundstag, aimed at relaxing the working conditions for that industrial sector in order to increase profitability. Sirius Business is trying to get a consultant in to verify this.

Due to the refineries juddering to a halt, market sources are jumping at the chance to buy up raw ore stocks instead. Given that the miners themselves are undisturbed by the problems, this seems like a sound enough plan. It's thought that end-market prices are soaring for Silver Ore. Union representatives say they plan to maintain the action for as long as is required to come to a settlement, which should be struck within 2 weeks.

12/05/819 -- The rich have always found ways to flaunt their status, neurotic peacocks that they are. Designer clothes, cars and drugs are a favourite, with exotic art being the staple of choice for the more pretentious of the Sirian elite. Following last month's drugs boom, it seems the Outcasts' rival syndicates have been getting ideas. While many of our readers will be aware of the existence of the priceless Alien Artifacts that were banned throughout the colonies 20 years ago, less will be aware of their origins.

As unlikely as it sounds, the fearsome raiders of the Corsairs won't just cave in your skull - they'll make your living room look fabulous with tastefully chosen alien trinkets as well. Throughout all four Houses, a rash of break-ins have been reported by private residents and academic institutions alike. It appears the Corsairs have been attempting to drum up some trade by artificially stimulating demand for their product. While this is certainly one of the more ham-fisted attempts at market manipulation we've seen here at Sirius Business, it's certainly done the trick and prices have spiked.

UPDATE: This is a Liberty bulletin about everyone's favourite alien trinkets. A good number of shipments have been seen vanishing into the Colorado system, never to arrive at their Manhattan destination. There is some speculation that the ultra-nationalist Xeno movement may be destroying the unlucky smugglers that are attempting to take a short cut, while others allege the fringe group is attempting to stockpile the goods in order to snatch distribution from their natural enemies, the Junkers. We'd let you know one way or the other, but they tend to hate everyone - including our correspondents. If you are on talking terms with them, give us a buzz.

ΤΩΣO

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - Remnant - 08-29-2014

ΤΩΣO

28/8/821 -- Howdy folks, it appears the wonderful world as we knew it decided to tone down for a little while. Heck, we were even considering closing down as there wasn't much of a purpose anymore, but guess what ladies and gentlemen! Breaking news from Rheinland! It appears that while all the re-construction attempts have been going on, people forgot how much of a certain shiny rock they had floating around their space. Uncut Diamonds. The jewel of the wealthy once cut elsewhere. And technically inclined of course.

Apparently the rich really forgot how important shiny stuff is when they want to flaunt around their lovely wealth. Ever since a lone freelancer brought in a load one of the stuff into one of the more enthusiastic dock-masters; Waterloo, and Roppongi station suddenly want to get as much as they can get. Oh but of course you can't forget the other assorted bases wanting to hop in on the sudden surge of demand by the big executives. News is that they'll be updating their prices in five hours. Thank heavens for internal contacts. This stuff would be impossible to get without it. There's profit to be had gentlemen, rumor has it that they'll be paying extra for the next two weeks.

Sounds like a field day for those willing to step into the house. Sometimes, you wonder what the rich do in their spare time. Then you remember that they really don't need to think about it when they have credits. Lets see how many folks will run out to steal a piece of the pie while it's being offered!

ΤΩΣO

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - Remnant - 09-13-2014

ΤΩΣO

13/9/821 -- Hey there folks! Don't I have some interesting news for you. Recently it appears that activity in the Black Market sure has been picking up. Mainly in Liberty, although woo boy, some other bases are upping their prices as well to try to keep their income of Cardamine and Artifacts up. I wonder what's going on? Well, that's something you've never been able to stop. People shooting for the restricted and dark commodities for their own pleasure.

No stock market changes? No scandals? No more crazy commodity managers for the bases? This was a surprisingly calm two weeks on the lawful end of space. Hold on to your hats, there may be an increase of smugglers in the future.

ΤΩΣO

//Should run smoothly now, edits are being made manually rather than templates to prevent a repeat of two weeks ago.

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - Remnant - 09-27-2014

ΤΩΣO

27/9/821 -- Metal, metal, metal. That's what the lab workers seem to be crying right now. So much in fact, that when I woke up this morning there was about forty sticky notes on my door talking about a huge Platinum demand increase as of late. I wonder what's up with that? While I can't confirm it for certain, i'm merely going to go with the masses here and confidently say that Platinum prices may be giving you up to 120% more credits on a good variety of locations!

Next up on the list, guess what? More demands from construction workers! It seems the basis of their hull panels is something they want more of. Raw Hydrocarbons. I was a little confused at first, wondering what a Hydrocarbon was, so I asked someone who works with me. The response? "Your face is a hydrocarbon." Thanks Steve, you never let me down. Well folks, looks like these two commodities are getting some attention. Grab a piece of the increase of potential profits while it's still available I say.

ΤΩΣO

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - Remnant - 10-18-2014

ΤΩΣO

18/10/821 -- So what exactaly makes our ships fly? A lot of people have been colonizing and flying around space lately. People on the planets heartily supporting the travelers, while the daring explorers and cooperation workers are always flying around out there. Of course along with some nasty folk, although we tend to give them a high-five and continue along our way, praying that they don't bug us. That's just how things work with us at ΤΩΣO however.

The answer to the question above? Helium-3. This lovely gas is converted into the H-Fuel that denizens of Sirius use daily for their reaction needs to get from one place to another. Guess what folks, people want more of this stuff. Looks like there is an upward trend on Helium-3, perhaps hauling some over to places in need may pull in an extra profit, hmm?

What's next.. Lets see.. Ah yes, next up on the 'important things spacefarers should know' list which I keep on my refrigerator at home until I come here and broadcast it with my other employees is a little rock called Beryllium Ore. Funny little thing, I was a little confused on why the graphs started to go upwards recently. I asked Steve, in hopes that I could give you folks a good guess. Instead, I got a 30 minute speech about why grapes are superior to raisins.

At any rate, these little pebbles which appear to be around Bretonia are going for an increased amount of credits. If it's on your way home, why not make a few extra credits to slip into your back account, eh? I'm sure the facilities which are interested will be glad to compensate you for your time.

Good luck folks. Tune in next time.

ΤΩΣO

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - Remnant - 11-04-2014

ΤΩΣO

3/11/821 -- Why hello there folks! Welcome back to ΤΩΣO. Lets take a look what's on the trends currently, shall we? Helium and Beryllium have finally dropped down to the standard market place, i'm sure the consumers are liking that one. Afterall, an increase in gas prices is never good.

It appears that first up on the list is the shortage of Cobalt Ore in the refineries around Sirius. It appears that one of the major storage depots have finally run dry. Until they can be filled up again by the companies who work with the commodity, people are paying a little more for the Ore. Take the chance to grab a few pennies if it's in the area, eh?

Steve, what else am I missing, I could ha-.. Ah! Thank you.

Thanks to a paper being shoved in my face, it seems like the letter 'C' is popular this week! Guess what else refineries are wanting more of? Copper Ore! Same deal folks. Have some ore, or know a few friends who can help you get your hands on some? Well get your butts over to the fields and move 'em around to the sell locations, and you 'might' be able to convince the dockmasters to give you some extra credits for your time.

Well, that's all we have toda-.. Wait, what is going o-.. *static*

MORTALS!

While you run around, doing your petty business.. We have a requirement. One which can be solved in the snap of the fingers, however.. The paperwork on our desks is far too high for us to be bothered with such. The almighty ADMIN dwellers seek a black liquid running through Liberty Space. Sunbucks as the name of the brand. Liberty has actually done something interesting by opening that specific chain.

We have opened the rare opportunity of a storage depot outside of our sacred space in Omicron Delta.. Come forth if you dare. You shall be given riches for your sacrifice.

Approach at your own risk. While open. You will do best by not disturbing our work inside nearby.

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - Remnant - 12-08-2014

ΤΩΣO

7/12/821 -- Hey there ladies and gentlemen, thank you once again for tuning into ΤΩΣO. Economics are always a funny thing. The two items high in demand sure say that too.

First up on our list, Gallia. Gallia has always been a bustling hub of construction, one of the most high density places i've ever seen. Of course, it's not the easiest to get into the Kingdom. Although on the darker side of the house, Nox has been getting an attention hype from Sirius. There has been a demand on most capital planets for each house for a while now. Never had the drug myself, although the high it gives seems to make the people pretty happy. Almost rivaling Cardamine. I'm sure the Outcasts aren't very happy about that one. Just like most of the economics reported here though, it's usually a fad which passes in a few weeks. Don't take drugs and drive. The police will end you.

Lets see.. Up next on my very short list of two things, Niobium. Niobium. Whenever I think of Niobium, I think of the silver colored stuff which makes my nose wrinkle. Apparently construction workers don't agree with me however, and find the stuff pretty resourceful for various materials. Both for space-faring vessels, as well as city life down on planets. Prices are going up a little bit, hopefully you folks might be able to help some of the hauling for this. Wooh boy. The Indepedant Mining Guild sure is going to like this one. Guess they finally bugged their consumers enough to increase their demand to pull in some profit. Just a guess. When in doubt, scream out conspiracy.

Lastly, a little tidbit for those who are interested in the little things. I've heard a few rumors that Ablative Armor Plating is actually in a slight demand by Samura up in Rishiri and Nagano. Wonder what they're working on. I hear they'll pay a small chunk of money for any that you'd bring up. Not a huge blip on the radar, but something still worth mentioning.

Well, that's all we have for you this time. A decent world out there right now.

As always. Make the best of it. We'll see you next time.

ΤΩΣO

RE: ΤΩΣO - Sirius Business - Remnant - 01-12-2015

ΤΩΣO

11/1/822 -- Why hello there ladies and gentlemen, welcome back to ΤΩΣO. The news channel which just keeps getting more and more full of shady sources, and ever so juicy information. Back in the olden days on planet Earth, you know, the one in the history books we've all learned about in school? If you said this word, the word money immeditally came up right afterwards. Gold. Gold used to be a huge thing back then. Regretfully it's not as big as a thing anymore, but hey. Gold still is an excellent attention grab for people all around Sirius. It appears that it's in demand actually right now, you'll see that the prices people are willing to pay for it are beginning to trend up. Be sure not to grab the attention of any Pirates out there folks, perhaps if you promise them a glass of wine and a nice long discussion about hating on the Lawful forces of the area, they might let you off the hook.

Speaking of pirates! A group of people which don't call them pirates seem to be very happy with a slight bump in the graphs. Cardamine is up on the rise again! People feel like giving themselves a quality dose of 'I hope the bad policemen don't find me'!. Places all around Sirius are paying more for this shady drug to be delivered to the door. Do I care? Of course not! I get paid to talk about this sort of stuff! There are plenty of people who are happy about it. Heck, perhaps even some Lawful forces here and there are looking for a promotion for catching a smuggler. They might get their wish.

At any rate, that's all I have to cover today, thanks again folks for tuning in. We'll see you next time.

ΤΩΣO

//Ps. You'll see this change after the server auto-restarts for the night.