Discovery Gaming Community
The Swag Pack v1.0 - Graphical & Audio Enhancements - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Swag Pack v1.0 - Graphical & Audio Enhancements (/showthread.php?tid=98156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - Beauenheim - 06-08-2013

Oh geez. I appreciate your help, will be fixed soon.

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - Dead Reckoning - 06-08-2013

I hope that's not a false positive due to me missing those ast files.

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - Syrus - 06-10-2013

(06-01-2013, 04:29 AM)AeternusDoleo Wrote: This is nice work. It's a bit late to merge this into the main Discovery version for 4.87, but at some point, we might want to see if we can't make this the default, at least with the starspheres.
While it is indeed a very nice addition, I think it should at best be an option. For people with older computers the really HD pack is no option, unless they wish to use the computer to heat the house or something. It also adds another 130 MB to the download, if it was put into the standard download.

Anyway, it'd be great to have it in, especially if it was added with some kind of little setup program, to switch between "standard" and "HD". And between different cursors. Just ... thinking out ... "loud".

I see you did a little update? Did I miss the bump to the thread about it?

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - Beauenheim - 06-10-2013

Yeah, but all it was was the addition of the kioncannon.txm file. Should restore the cool effects.

I got some work to do to fix the crashing that Dead Reckoning had, odd that no one else had it before. But I'm pretty busy with USI and looking for a RL job, that I haven't had the time to mess with it yet.

And I guess I could make it compatible with FLMM, include the option for suns or not, etc etc, although I don't know if anyone really uses that program anymore.

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - Syrus - 06-10-2013

I don't think FLMM works properly with Disco...also Disco was made, so that you don't have to use the FLMM anymore, which by itself is a good thing. But as I said, I was just thinking out loud.
I guess, having an obvious link to the HD update, with some previews, "near the Disco download" will have to be enough.

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - Beauenheim - 06-10-2013

(06-08-2013, 11:27 PM)Dead Reckoning Wrote: I hope that's not a false positive due to me missing those ast files.

If you have time, since no one else reports crashes with those files, can you reinstall with a fresh copy of discovery and see if it persists?

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - Dead Reckoning - 06-11-2013

Sure. Will try with multiple computers and see if its a graphics card issue.

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - dirmaster0 - 06-12-2013

Planet textures dont seem to be rendering correctly after I installed this Sad Is there a way to fix this?

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - utrack - 06-12-2013

I can make some sort of effects\cursors\HD mods chooser. Is it needed? Smile

RE: The Swag Pack - v0.5 - June 5th - Freelancer Enhancements - Beauenheim - 06-12-2013

(06-12-2013, 06:30 AM)dirmaster0 Wrote: Planet textures dont seem to be rendering correctly after I installed this Sad Is there a way to fix this?

You are the first to report this problem, try reinstalling disco and the pack to see if it is still an issue.

(06-12-2013, 08:39 AM)utrack Wrote: I can make some sort of effects\cursors\HD mods chooser. Is it needed? Smile

That'd make the pack best for everybody Big Grin
The only question I'd have is, how easy would updating the files be? In case I add a new texture, etc etc?