Discovery Gaming Community
The Swag Pack v1.0 - Graphical & Audio Enhancements - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Freelancer Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: The Swag Pack v1.0 - Graphical & Audio Enhancements (/showthread.php?tid=98156)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - jammi - 05-06-2013

For Gypsie, the permission thing is mostly about respecting the intellectual properties and the effort put in by other modders. If the owners of the materials weren't happy with them being included into a pack and redistributed, we wouldn't be able to condone it being hosted or advertised here. It's about respect and decency, not legal rights.

That's very important in small communities like the Freelancer modding scene. That said, this does look extremely promising, so I wish you the best of luck with getting those permissions. Hopefully this'll become a must-have resource for all Freelancer players. I'd recommend hosting it on the Starport as well if you get the green-light, with links to any individual mods that may turn you down.

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - Echo 7-7 - 05-07-2013

I'd certainly like a copy of this compiled pack. If you've been using this on the Disco server and haven't been auto-banned, that's promising.

Quote:Louva-Deus, elcapital44 - flconfigdatabase.txt
http://the-starport.net/freelancer/download/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=2

There is a version of this already packaged with Discovery. Is yours newer?

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - Beauenheim - 05-07-2013

I had no idea that Discovery had a newer one. It didn't have my card so I used one that I found online and added my device ID myself.

If you'd like a copy, message me on Skype.

I was only autobanned once testing it with a new HUDSHIFT file, which I learned not to replace.

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - Echo 7-7 - 05-08-2013

(05-07-2013, 10:15 PM)Beauregard Wrote: I had no idea that Discovery had a newer one. It didn't have my card so I used one that I found online and added my device ID myself.

If you'd like a copy, message me on Skype.

I was only autobanned once testing it with a new HUDSHIFT file, which I learned not to replace.

My concern with regards to autobanning is that the server anticheat may not like texture modifications, that's all.

If you're still having problems setting up hudshift, I can help you out with that.

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - Beauenheim - 05-08-2013

The server anti cheat isn't triggered by textures, effects, or sound files. The problem was my autoban was from trying to implement the new working hudshift from Adoxa that does NOT require you to edit it.

Any testers or help would be appreciated for the growth and development of this pack, so I appreciate you offer.

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - Ursus - 05-08-2013

Have you talked to Cannon about including the whole shebang in 4.87

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - Govedo13 - 05-08-2013

7870 Tahiti LE

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - Reid - 05-08-2013

(05-08-2013, 07:19 AM)Ursus Wrote: Have you talked to Cannon about including the whole shebang in 4.87

The graphics are pretty taxing, I've had some performance drops on a Radeon 6520. I don't think people with weaker computers would be able to run it at all.

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - Ursus - 05-08-2013

(05-08-2013, 01:42 PM)Safe Haven Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 07:19 AM)Ursus Wrote: Have you talked to Cannon about including the whole shebang in 4.87

The graphics are pretty taxing, I've had some performance drops on a Radeon 6520. I don't think people with weaker computers would be able to run it at all.

could be a "high-res" install option

RE: The Swag Pack - Freelancer in High Definition - jammi - 05-08-2013

(05-08-2013, 04:59 PM)Ursus Wrote: could be a "high-res" install option

Which would then add several hundred MBs to the mod size for many people who have absolutely no use for it. Better to have it as an optional additional download that we recommend than an in-mod bundle.