Discovery Gaming Community
Plan to come to California - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: The Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Real Life Discussion (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Plan to come to California (/showthread.php?tid=98740)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Plan to come to California - Vexykin - 05-18-2013

Now, i'm in this point in my life that i want to travel far away and start a new life within new culture. And i've chosen California, because i always wanted to be in USA and i so far think California would be the place i wanna be.
However i have no idea what or where to start, so i would be grateful if you'd guys toss any tips on how and where and why and whatnot Smile
The routine and ultra-small paychecks is killing me inside and the urge to see other cultures and live within one...That's all i can want right now.
You only have one life in this game...And you gotta live it, and that's my way of living it.

RE: Plan to come to California - sindroms - 05-18-2013

:< You never visited me...

RE: Plan to come to California - Vexykin - 05-18-2013

There's never too late for that Tongue
I'll come to visit when i leave i propably leave from Riga's airport with Ryanair

RE: Plan to come to California - sindroms - 05-18-2013

I don't live in Riga anymore, remember?

RE: Plan to come to California - Irwin - 05-18-2013

There are a lot of nicer places in the US than California. California being 'all that' is a pretty common misconception. If I were a tourist or a newcomer, I would not visit California at all, especially not with Summer coming up. (I lived most of my life in California, just by the way). Even if you have made up your mind to go to Cali though, why limit yourself to just one state? A lot of the states nearby are pretty nice. Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Utah are all in that region, and are much more suitable places to go if you would like to experience more realistic American culture.

RE: Plan to come to California - glassofwater - 05-18-2013

Oregon is better than California.

RE: Plan to come to California - Karst - 05-18-2013

Be warned. Any part of California that is remotely cool is extremely expensive.

The San Francisco Bay Area is a great place, but sadly also one of the most expensive regions to live in the entire US.

If you can afford that, hey, that's awesome.

Also, every part of California that isn't the SF bay area is nowhere near as cool.

Good luck!

RE: Plan to come to California - t0l - 05-18-2013

Be sure to get into the sport "Airsoft", Cali is full of it.

RE: Plan to come to California - Interspace - 05-18-2013

(05-18-2013, 08:51 PM)Vex. Wrote: And i've chosen California, because i always wanted to be in USA
(05-18-2013, 08:51 PM)Vex. Wrote: And i've chosen California
(05-18-2013, 08:51 PM)Vex. Wrote: because i always wanted to be in USA
(05-18-2013, 08:51 PM)Vex. Wrote: i always wanted to be in USA
(05-18-2013, 08:51 PM)Vex. Wrote: i've chosen California

Olol.

California is more like Amsterdam than the USA. If you want to live in the USA, I advise a more south-western state like Texas. That's more like the real America.

EDIT: Can we have different custom themes for each forum account? That way I would stop posting with this freaking account...

~Sterlin

RE: Plan to come to California - onca - 05-19-2013

From what I understand, California is a lovely place but it's major cities are very expensive to live compared to other area of the US. Depending on what kind of employment you're after... California has Silicon Valley, of course... but if you're not specifically tech industry then I'd suggest keeping your options open.

Having said that, I can see the romantic side of upping sticks and moving to California, just like so many before you seeking better life and adventure Wink Whatever you do, I wish you the best of fortune =)