Discovery Gaming Community
gaian gunboat - Printable Version

+- Discovery Gaming Community (https://discoverygc.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Discovery Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: Discovery Developers Forum (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+---- Forum: Discovery Unofficial Development (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=389)
+----- Forum: Discovery Mod Content Submissions (https://discoverygc.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+----- Thread: gaian gunboat (/showthread.php?tid=9875)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

gaian gunboat - Jinx - 06-28-2008

while i was working on the bretonian ships ( and sort of giving up on texturing them ) - i made my vision of a gaian gunboat ( since they are unlikely to get access to the corsair gunboat - and as an incentive to get more gaian pirates )

[Image: allinonegaiangunboat.jpg]

this design is of course strongly inspired by the kusari gunboat. the gaians are on good terms with kusari - not like open friendship, but there are rumors of kusari supporting the gaians secretly. so this gunboat is derived from the kusari gunboat in its general shape ( long narrow design ) and the wings and bridge placement. - however, its a modern design and doesn t share the kusari design of classic pagodes.

instead of the dragon wings - i made an ornament of floral entanglements - the foreward gun mount would be below the nose in the very front instead of on top of the hull. the engines are similar to the kusari engines - but shielded more by the backwards flowing armour.

all in all its supposed to look a lot more modern than the kusari gunboat while still keeping its shape and adding gaian "nature" elements.

- - -

to be honest, chances of gaians to get a gunboat are tiny, but i think i ll texture and hardpoint it anyway ( texturing it in a civilian / kusari style ) - and submit it ... maybe igiss secretly likes the gaians:ylove:.

the best thing about it..... its so similar to the kusari GB - it can use its hitbox which will fit perfectly fine.

edit: oops - if you search for the engine grill / exhaust - i have forgotten to model them - but they ll look like the kusari engines anyway.

edit2: upon considering who would rather be considered to assist the gaians to build a gunboat - it was a decission between corsairs and kusari. but i ended up with kusari. - the corsairs are less likely to share their knowledge - ( and their gunboat is ugly ) - besides, the farmer alliance could use it, too - and it fits into kusari quite well.

gaian gunboat - Generation - 06-28-2008

If this goes through.... I'M JOINING THE GAIANS!!

do the Gaians have there on fighters?

if not could you make some fighters, I would fly em for sure!!!

gaian gunboat - Eternal - 06-28-2008

Simply a beautifull design , yet again.

To me it looks like a butterfly wich is indeed an interesting concept. I'm joining the NLH if this is accepted.

gaian gunboat - NonSequitor - 06-28-2008

Some elements of the design, the wings in particular, remind me of elvish architecture in Baldur's Gate II. I like!

gaian gunboat - Laowai - 06-28-2008

Haha nice Jinx

Actually, there is a strong in game pretext for gaians to use the Corsair Gunboat - the info card for that notes that it is heavily used by their allies

Course, it would be nice if they had their own:)

@Laowai - damn, it does? - i never read the ID of the shoebox. - but always considered corsair gear to be rather restricted to themselves. ( like, you don t see a gaian fly a titan - nor would the corsairs most probably allow them to fly it ... so i said to myself, if they must not fly the titan - why should they fly even bigger ships without exception )

oh, well, too late now anyway. - i never seen any gaian fly a corsair gunboat - and the only gaians using gunboats were one in NLH and Clover had one once ( and both were aquired during a mini event consented by the KNF - [kusari GBs] )

gaian gunboat - Marburg - 06-28-2008

Tiny chance of getting in or not, that thing is really, really cool:cool:

Nice:yahoo:

gaian gunboat - Generation - 06-28-2008

I don't care, give the Gians their on line of ships. Just say that the Gians got sick of the corsair gunboat with its poor economy rating. So Gian engineers came up with there own ship design. One that didn't have such a large effect on the environment.

This ship is perfect. I reckon you should do some fighters on a similar principle.

It doesn't have to be a gunboat you know, there are a lot of rich people in the universe and not all of them wanna fly around in some gray ugly flying peace of trash. It could be some sort of private yacht like ship, one that rich business men can use to impress their friends/family/enemies/hot date etc.

Its a beautiful ship and if it doesn't get accepted then could you package it into a working mod so I can download it and enjoy it on SP?

p.s could you add some colour? don't make me beg!!

colour you want - there you go....

[Image: texturedupdate.jpg]

textured based on kusari of course. - ahh, the bottom part ( the one with the pipes ) looks more silvery ingame actually. - it just looks so "brownish" in the uni-light of milkshape. - same goes for the ornamental "wings" - they gleam silvery in the direct light - but brownish in indirect light.

gaian gunboat - Etaphreven - 06-28-2008

One word: THAT'S TOTAL HAWTNESS! =O